• Lightweight bout: Roger Huerta vs. Pat Curran
  • Lightweight bout: Toby Imada vs. Carey Vanier

Non-Tournament bouts

• Heavyweight bout: Cole Konrad vs. Pat Bennett
  • Middleweight bout: Lance Everson vs. Justin Torrey
  • Middleweight bout: Greg Rebello vs. John Doyle
  • Featherweight bout: Josh LaBerge vs. Dan Bonnell
  • Welterweight bout: Chuck O'Neil vs. Damian Vitale

......................................................................................​

This show airs TOMORROW night live on your local FSN channel at 8 PM Eastern timing.

IndyJon has done a great job bringing attention to this company at this forum, and it's rapidly growing, easily being the 4th biggest MMA promotion in the United States. Personally, I didn't give a damn about them until they signed Roger Huerta, but hey... I know I'm not the only one who feels that way, lol. But yes... this should be a pretty damn good show, even if you're like myself and don't know many of these guys.

Anyways, Eddie Alvarez vs. Josh Neer is the main event of this card. In my opinion, Eddie Alvarez is without a doubt the most overrated fighter in MMA. The guy has two wins on his record that's worth a damn, yet he's a top 5 Lightweight according to most ranking systems, and his nuthuggers (which their are a LOT of) believe he's in the top 3 best Lightweights in the whole World. Ummm... no, the guy is a very good fighter, but he's nothing special.

That said, Alvarez should win a close fight against Josh Neer. Neer's a tough motherfucker, but he's not as talented as Alvarez. But honestly... to me, while this will be a fun fight, it's only here to set up a future mega fight between the winner of this (most likely Alvarez) vs. the winner of the Lightweight Tourney (most likely Huerta). And I can't wait to see that one, because there's no doubt in my mind Huerta will kick Alvarez's ass and finally end all the hype surrounding the guy.

Speaking of Roger Huerta, he has a fight on this card as well. Unfortunately, however, I hardly know anything about his opponent, Pat Curran. I saw his last fight at Bellator... he looked good, and the dude has a decent looking record, but there's no reason to believe that Huerta won't finish this dude easy and early. Huerta's last opponent had a much better resume than this guy, and while he gave Huerta a great fight, I don't expect this Curran guy to do the same.

The other Tourney fight, Toby Imada vs. Carey Vanier, well.. I don't know much about either one than a seeing them both fight once, but looking at their Wikis... I'll pick the experience journeyman Toby Imada to beat the inexperienced hot shot, Carey Vanier. But that's really all I can say about this one. Let's just hope for a great fight.

And the non-Tourney fights... don't care for any of them, since I don't know anybody on it.

Overall, seeing Huerta fight is always worth tuning in for, and Eddie Alvarez vs. Josh Neer has my interest as well. Should be a good, fun show.

259zz0h.jpg

Super Fight

• Catchweight (160 lbs) bout: Eddie Alvarez vs. Josh Neer

Tournament bouts

• Lightweight bout: Roger Huerta vs. Pat Curran
  • Lightweight bout: Toby Imada vs. Carey Vanier

Non-Tournament bouts

• Heavyweight bout: Cole Konrad vs. Pat Bennett
  • Middleweight bout: Lance Everson vs. Justin Torrey
  • Middleweight bout: Greg Rebello vs. John Doyle
  • Featherweight bout: Josh LaBerge vs. Dan Bonnell
  • Welterweight bout: Chuck O'Neil vs. Damian Vitale

......................................................................................​

This show airs TOMORROW night live on your local FSN channel at 8 PM Eastern timing.

IndyJon has done a great job bringing attention to this company at this forum, and it's rapidly growing, easily being the 4th biggest MMA promotion in the United States.

:blush:

I must admit I have been slacking on my Bellator thread. I have been way to busy with school to catch the last two shows, and honestly I was off last week and just plain missed the show by an hour and didn't feel like watching the replay at 12. With that said, I will definitely be watching the show tonight. It is lining up to be an awesome show, between the Josh Neer/Eddie Alvarez fight and Roger Huerta it has all the makings of a fun, exciting fight night. Not to mention Toby Imada is a fucking beast and incredibly underrated because he is a journeyman. This card should be sick.

Toby Imada versus Carey Vanier will be very interesting. Vanier looked good in his first round fight but Imada is very underrated and can catch anyone in a submission at any time. I see Vanier coming out like a bull and pushing the action early, but the fight will end up on the ground and Imada will make Vanier tap to some awkward yet awesome looking submission.

Roger Huerta versus Pat Curran will be very interesting as well. Most MMA enthusiasts know who Roger Huerta is but don't have the slightest clue who Pat Curran is, me included, so let me go find his first round fight.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aCJsfS3v8fU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aCJsfS3v8fU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

And there you go. The man has some hands of fucking stone. He can easily knock out Roger Huerta with ease, if he can catch him of course. There lies the problem. Huerta is so fast and technical that I don't think Curran will be able to catch Huerta. In addition, Huerta looked phenomenal in his first round fight. Huerta will wear Curran out and finish him in the late second or third.

Josh Neer versus Eddie Alvarez should be a title fight but since it isn't it will just be another fight. There is really nothing special about this fight other then Alvarez, who I feel gets no love from the MMA world. He is a terrific fighter, but since he doesn't fight for UFC or Strikeforce he doesn't get the time of day. He should be able to beat Neer relatively easily, but not to take away from Neer who is a tough as nails opponent. Neer could catch Alvarez but I just think Eddie will be to much with his controlled frenzy of an offense. Second round knockout.

I could not be more disappointed in Roger Huerta right now. Man, what happened to this guy's fire and passion?

When Roger Huerta won his first 6 fights in the UFC, every fight was fucking excellent. The guy attacked and just put on a great, great show in every single one of them. There was NEVER any hesitation on his part, and never a boring moment. Lately though, such as tonight, he just doesn't have that in him anymore, and it's a fucking shame because without that heart to stay on the attack, the guy sucks as a fighter.

The fact is, when Huerta won those six fights, he was ALWAYS moving forward and attacking his opponent. However, since focusing on his movie career and good looks, the guy has lost his balls and it's extremely depressing.

I didn't necessarily agree with the decision tonight, but at the same time... I really don't care. If Huerta fights like that, then he doesn't deserve to win fights, bottom line. I lost all hope for the guy. Maybe a fight against Alvarez would bring back his old self, but I don't have my hopes up about it.

And as far as Eddie Alvarez vs. Josh Neer.... good fight. Alvarez looked great and was able to finish Neer off in the 2nd with a Rear Naked Choke, but I'm still not a believer. Neer's tough and a decent fighte, but at the same time... he's a low class journeyman whose biggest wins are against TUF guys. I won't become a believer in Alvarez until he beats a true top 10 fighter.

The other fights I didn't care for, and Huerta fighting like a bitch really brought the show down for me. It's funny how one bad fight can keep you from enjoying anything else on the show.

I totally agree. Huerta just did not have that killer instinct he is famous for. To be fair both guys were really fighting with no intentions of ending the fight, but it definitely showed more on Huerta who is an awesome fighter. I actually had Huerta winning the fight. I thought he did more in the second round and just enough in the third, obviously the judges saw it otherwise.

The show as a whole was really underwhelming compared to previous shows. Imada/Vanier was the best fight of the night. Also, what the fuck was Bellator thinking putting two boring as shit Heavyweights as the main event and then cutting away to the rerun instead of showing who won. It was like amateur hour.

Alvarez looked very good but then again there was no reason for him not to. His fight should have been a title fight and not a "super fight". It completely defeats the purpose of him being a champion when he doesn't even defend the belt. I really hope the Paulo Filho fight next week is for the title and not this "super fight" bull shit, because quiet frankly all I want to see from Bellator right now are title fights and the tournaments.

On the bright side there is a rumbling about a Heavyweight tournament and even though I was harsh on the Heavies earlier this is a very good move. Bellator needs to round out their championship divisions and Heavyweights are a good way to do that. Now, they need to get some athletic big men to be in this tournament to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back