Becky Lynch to miss No Mercy?

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
F4WOnline.com is confirming earlier reports of Becky Lynch being removed from the WWE No Mercy pay-per-view, citing an undisclosed injury as the reason for the change.

First reported by James McKenna of Pro Wrestling Sheet, Lynch was said to be 100% off the PPV card tomorrow and may miss the rest of the month. F4WOnline.com said the injury remains unknown and WWE and Lynch have not publicly commented on the matter, and cited Randy Orton’s injury (which coincidentally McKenna originally confirmed) keeping him from competing on the WWE Backlash card last month as a similar situation.

It’s speculated that she could still appear on the show in some way, but she will not compete. Lynch was scheduled to defend her title against Alexa Bliss.

So that leaves us with no scheduled women wrestling match. I hope that injury isn't much serious and Becky recovers soon.

Not sure how they're gonna compensate it. A tag match maybe? :shrug:

if that's really the case and WWE doesn't acknowledge it on their website, they'll probably have a backstage segment where Lynch gets jumped from behind and won't be able to compete. My guess is Bliss won't have a match at all or maybe will fight Naomi instead

Well that sucks a whole lot. I was looking forward to this match happening. But if she is injured then better to let her heal. I don't know who they will put on instead, can't think of another story line that can fill that spot, but I'm sure they will come up with something.

I love watch Becky compete and love looking at Alexa so this bums me out.

Alexa is really coming off as a great heel and I was really looking forward to this match. Hopefully they get her on the card somehow like they did with Bray Wyatt last month. Any match is better than no match

Yeah it sucks if the match is off but if she's injured, then it's best to let her heal up. Besides, they could always spin it to where Alexa beat her down backstage after they got into some sort of argument and the match had to be postponed. I wouldn't mind seeing the match get a little more build and for it to go down at the next ppv.

She competed in a women's tag team match on SmackDown Live Tuesday, so it's something that's happened within the past few days. Maybe it's a workout related injury, it could possibly be concussion related, maybe she simply took one bump during the match and it's just one of those things that's happened. It'll suck if she's out for a while as I like Becky, she's a little spitfire and a fun babyface. Alexa Bliss is coming along nicely, though I do sorta wish they'd try to make her look a little more Harley Quinn like, if that's sort of an inspiration for her. She's such a cute little thing that, especially with the pigtails, you expect her to start pouting before stomping her foot and running off in a huff.

This obviously sucks for Becky, but it sucks just as much, if not more for Alexa. Alexa is on her way to being the top heel in the Smackdown women's division, and she really needed this match with the champion to solidify it.

I hope that they at least give Alexa a new match, and a win on PPV, so she can continue to establish herself in the eyes of people that aren't as invested in her at the moment.

The fact that this will mean that the only women match at no mercy will be the nikki bella vs carmella match sucks. No disrespect to these 2 girls but I really was looking foward to the becky vs alexa match. If she's injured I hope that they will do something on the ppv to take her out like they did orton last month and maybe have naomi replace becky so that alexa still get some exposure on ppv.

Yeah it sucks if the match is off but if she's injured, then it's best to let her heal up. Besides, they could always spin it to where Alexa beat her down backstage after they got into some sort of argument and the match had to be postponed. I wouldn't mind seeing the match get a little more build and for it to go down at the next ppv.

She competed in a women's tag team match on SmackDown Live Tuesday, so it's something that's happened within the past few days. Maybe it's a workout related injury, it could possibly be concussion related, maybe she simply took one bump during the match and it's just one of those things that's happened. It'll suck if she's out for a while as I like Becky, she's a little spitfire and a fun babyface. Alexa Bliss is coming along nicely, though I do sorta wish they'd try to make her look a little more Harley Quinn like, if that's sort of an inspiration for her. She's such a cute little thing that, especially with the pigtails, you expect her to start pouting before stomping her foot and running off in a huff.

Please don't encourage the WWE to do this again. I agree that Becky should be given time to heal if she is, indeed, injured as we think she is. But to have a match explained away, for the second time at two PPV's in a row, with a backstage beating is just lazy and boring. I was annoyed when I found out that Orton wouldn't be competing against Wyatt at Backlash and I am similarly annoyed at Lynch being in the same predicament. But what annoys me the most is the radio silence from the WWE. With Orton, they knew he would be injured, so don't go ahead and book the PPV as if he isn't. With Lynch, it is obvious that something has happened after Tuesday. So why not have an announcement on their website and give us something else? It's the knowing that the WWE will try to explain it away with a backstage beating that annoys me the most.

This match could have been good, despite Alexa Bliss being utterly horrendous in the ring. Honestly she gives me a tremendous amount of fear every time she goes to perform a move. She's not a safe pair of hands for someone who is injured to be working with, there is no doubt about it. But she has been really entertaining recently, so she deserved to be in the mix. Obviously, this is now going to stretch into Survivor Series and I don't think that is a bad thing. It's a big loss for Smackdown to lose this match, especially after what happened at Backlash. But needs must.

The latest reports out still don't list what this "undisclosed injury" is, but they do state that it isn't serious and she's expected to be back soon.

If they do decide to go the route of some sort of altercation between Becky & Alexa at No Mercy tonight, and if they do it as with what we saw with Wyatt & Orton in which the cameras happened to catch "the end" of it, then my guess is the injury is concussion related.

Having had a thought about what I would like to see, if this match is definitely off, I have come to the conclusion that it would make more sense for someone other than Bliss to take out Becky Lynch. Just who that should be? I have no idea. It would have to be a heel because Becky is a face. But the justification of doing it, is pretty simple to be honest. The person thinks that they can put Becky on the shelf and claim her position as their own. This then sets up a match between the mystery person and Bliss to fill the hole in the show that has been created. Bliss is angry with the mystery person because they have robbed her of her title shot and the rest would be history.

It gives a new dimension to the feud by adding someone else in and steers the show away from becoming too much like the altercation at Backlash. Plus, it has the added bonus of elevating someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back