Be Different. Be Bold. Vote KIRBY - Kirby HQ 2011

Discussion in '1st BattleZone Tournament (2011)' started by DirtyJosé, Sep 1, 2011.

1. DirtyJosé

DirtyJosé Best angle of all: retirement

[​IMG]

I know how these things all go: the fanboys get themselves wet all over the same old guys. Batman. Goku. Cloud. Wolverine. The same characters in polls and contests just like this all over the internet since the dawn of "nerd". I present to you today an alternative to following in the footsteps of the mindless masses.

I bring you Kirby, one tough cream puff and totally capable of putting down any competitor in this tournament. How you ask? Well, you can vote for him, that's how. Oh, logistics you say? You want more concrete answers based "reality"? Well, simply put, Kirby can be anything he's put up against. He can copy whatever he's competing with and turn powers back onto their unsuspecting owners. And what's more, it doesn't just apply to powers, but to belongings or weapons or really anything else. He can copy power suits as easily as he can copy heat vision or whatever.

Don't just do the same old thing as always, folks, or else the point of having a tournament like this annually is lost. Be different. Be bold. Vote Kirby.

[​IMG]

Johnny Scumm likes this.
  2. DirtyJosé

ROUND 1 - Goku​

Goku is not safe from Kirby. Go ahead and list the powers you think will get him over; Kirby can do that too. Energy blasts? Swallowed harmlessly and copied. What will Goku do against a SSJ 3 Kirby? Instant Transmission? Useless, as Kirby can do that too once he gets a hold of him in his lofty pink pie hole. And despite your fan boy fervor, Goku is not the type to start a fight with a ruthless attack like IT into Kamehameha. Goku would probably laugh at Kirby a bit, maybe even talk about how he's too cute to fight. And that minute is all Kirby would need to put him down.

All in all, it goes like this:

[youtube]vBYv7CEJ6So[/youtube]​

3. DirtyJosé

ROUND 1 UPDATE​

Kirby vs. Goku has turned into Round 1's must-see match up, far closer than anyone (but us Kirby faithful) could have thought possible. The dream is alive baby, and all it needs is your vote to make it happen.

The arguments are pouring in, but sadly there aren't really many going for Goku that really gain him any ground. The facts are there, people. Physical attacks do nothing to a pink blob with no internal organs or systems. Energy attacks do nothing against a perpetual black hole which can redirect that energy to other targets. Transformation techniques and powers can be copied. Spirit Bombs sucked in whole and spat back out to an unsuspecting Goku. Even the argument that Goku could just blow up the planet (which is, for the most part, entirely uncharacteristic of him) is moot because our little guy rides shooting stars for breakfast. If you're looking at this as a logic based tournament, there's only one real choice: KIRBY.

And, if you're looking at this as simply yet another character battle, why follow the mindless drones into repeating the past over and over and over and over. Voting Goku is soooo passé. It isn't edgy, it isn't new; it's just doing the same thing over and over and over (ok, ok, you get it). Remember folks, BE DIFFERENT! BE BOLD! VOTE KIRBY!

[​IMG]

4. Paralyzer Z

Paralyzer Z Fuck honor

As much as I think Kirby is awesome. There is simply no way he can match up with the best character form the greatest show of all time. Kamehameha!

5. DirtyJosé

Unless you plan on making an argument in the thread designated for it, kindly fuck off. K, thanks, bye.

Oh, and PS, do yourself a favor and avoid turning into this guy:

You see folks, this is why you should vote Kirby. Not only is his case in the battle (and in the thread debates going on right now) ironclad, but the Goku/DBZ fanboy army is up in arms. With their backs against the walls against excellent debaters like Remix and Echelon, they are forced to use drivel like this as an argument. They are throwing temper tantrums folks. I'll take this time to address that, no, the makers of SSB (Hal Laboratories...the makers of Kirby) would probably still keep Kirby as a top tier character over a turd like Goku (and rightfully so).

So I ask you: if you are the type to enjoy these kinds of contests, go make your voice heard. BE DIFFERENT. BE BOLD. VOTE KIRBY.

6. Ultra Awesome

Ultra Awesome Im standing in Brooklyn/

Hahaha, just saw this.

Jose, am only playing to the rules. I could use anything I want as a means to have Goku win. Regardless, it's a bit too late, I think, for Goku to gain more votes than Kirby. Which is fine. But let me just show you exactly why Goku wins this battle if it were to happen:

I'd like to see you prove me wrong on this one. If you can, koodles to you.

7. DirtyJosé

It's not a question of needing to prove that wrong, it's that the statement is entirely irrelevant. Just saying "Goku knows teh kamehameha so he like can't be hurt by it n'stuff" isn't proving anything or making any kind of point. Maybe try explaining how any knowledge such as this would help him. Maybe try explaining how knowing what he knows is an advantage. As has been stated in the thread already, Kirby knows his own powers and his own abilities (as I'm sure ANYONE knows this about themselves, but whatever), and that includes a certain adaptability when it comes to using new powers and abilities. When Kirby inhales an enemy and learns their powers, you don't see him (in SSB, the example you gave) stalling for a minute thinking things over. He can use the powers right away. So, again, maybe try connecting the dots instead of just saying it is so. Also, just knowing the moves doesn't mean one can just dodge everything, so don't try going about it that way.

Anyway, that's enough for the HQ thread. Got something to say about this fight? It's the last day for voting, peeps, so get at that thread and do what you do.

8. Ultra Awesome

Ultra Awesome Im standing in Brooklyn/

I wasn't. You misunderstood what I meant by that one-liner. My whole point in the last post I made inside the Kirby vs. Goku thread was that just because Kirby is now a copy Goku, does not automatically equate him to being the winner; all it does is give him a chance. Basically: Original Goku > Copy of Goku.

Agreed.

9. DirtyJosé

ROUND ONE IS FINSHED
    WINNER: KIRBY

[youtube]IOOds4dY9pE[/youtube]​

Yes, thanks to you fine folk, Kirby has defied the critics and came out of the first round with a win over Goku. Better luck next year, Kakarot! Anyway, this was a battle none of the skeptics thought Kirby could win, and probably one of the toughest opponents one could face in this tournament, but I believe in the pink bubble and his capability to go all the way in this one. Which brings me to our next point...

ROUND TWO: KIRBY VS CABLE​

Kirby's next opponent is Cable. The Mutant from the present-sent to the future-then sent back here to the past...er...present...whatever. Cable, in his own world, is one tough hombre, but here he has some issues. Let's break it a bit for you guys, give you something to talk about in the proper voting thread.

A: Kirby's power allows him to copy tech, tools, and weapons along with or instead of powers. Doc brought this point up. Kirby copies not only enemy powers, but their weapons (as seen in most of his appearances from Kirby's Adventure to Smash Bros.) as well. Cable's advantage here is mitigated when Kirby can use the same future tech weapons he has.

B: Cable's powers have their limits, and lean mostly towards the telekinetic side than they do the psychic. I think I saw this get brought up and I want to clarify it for you all here. Nathan Summers has some limited psychic abilities and formidable telekinetic powers. Alternate versions of Nathan have demonstrated vast psychic talent. But the version of Nathan we know as "Cable" (Nathan Summers of the Marvel Universe 616 variety) has never been known to do much with his psychic powers. And those telekinetic powers? Easily copied.

C: Cable's biggest weakness is that as an infant he was infected with a techo-organic virus by Apocalypse. While he is able to keep himself from succumbing with the use of his powers, he has never been rid of this virus in his life. Furthermore, the virus causes Cable to divert the majority of his powers towards keeping the infection from spreading. Cable is a man always fighting for his life, with his attention always in at least two places, and with no hope of being able to throw himself 100% into an enemy without causing his own demise. Meanwhile, Kirby can copy these powers himself and not find himself limited by the virus which he doesn't have. Sure, that metal arm LOOKS powerful, but it's nothing compared to what Cable could have been had he not been infected in his youth.

BE DIFFERENT. BE BOLD. VOTE KIRBY IN ROUND 2.

[​IMG]

10. DirtyJosé

ROUND TWO IS FINSHED
    WINNER: KIRBY

[youtube]qJmVptdUzoc[/youtube]​

Yet another round is over, and after the dust has cleared Kirby is found standing victorious again. Thank you to the believers, and better luck next time to the haters. Cable proved no match for Kirby, but another Marvel character is giving Kirby the fight of his career here in the BattleZone...

ROUND TWO: KIRBY VS GHOST RIDER​

The voting is underway, and while not a blow out by any means, Kirby is off on the wrong foot. BUT IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO CHANGE THE TIDE! Some points for you going into battle:

1: Kirby can indeed copy weapons and tools as well as powers. This is demonstrated in many games from Kirby's Adventure to Super Smash Bros., where Kirby can copy swords, guns, laser, armor, and hookshots among other items. The argument given that Ghost Rider's bike, chains, and boomstick are off limits to Kirby is laughable.

2: Kirby is in possession of a weapon forged to defeat darkness, which is in all likelihood rather effective against a fucking demon. Does Ghost Rider have a holy sword or sorts, or a way of protecting himself from one? I doubt it.

3: Speaking of Ghost Rider's tools and weapons, Kirby has faced off against guns and chains and fire before, so there really isn't much basis for backers of GR to make much headway in reasoning that Kirby couldn't handle it. And since part of Ghost Rider's powers include creating a bike out of hellfire, it's also an ability Kirby can get access too, so the argument that GR can ride circles around Kirby is likewise laughable.

BE DIFFERENT. BE BOLD. VOTE KIRBY IN ROUND 3.

[​IMG]

11. DirtyJosé

KIRBY IN CRISIS!​

We're coming up on the last few hours and on my last count, Kirby needs 8 more votes to pull this thing off. Seeing as how all debate in the thread has ceased since I laid out my arguments, this clearly isn't being based on the given arguments. On that note, I am forced to used other means of persuasion.

If you love me, vote for Kirby.

If you hate/loathe/are annoyed by FitFinlay4Life and/or Stormtrooper, vote for Kirby.

If you think things are teh super nerdy things only, vote Kirby because Ghost Rider is apparently the hot topic this year and because Kirby is still the one guy no one ever gave a chance to from the outset.

I'm not saying I'll reward each vote with green rep, but I will say that I will look kindly upon those you support me in Kirby's hour of need here.

The poll has only a few hours left! VOTE KIRBY!

12. ShawnDiscipleSmith

ShawnDiscipleSmith Dark Match Winner

Although I didn't post much throughout the tournament, I thought Kirby would bite it hard against Goku, but I was pulling for him after your many arguments in his favor and was pleased to see him get as far as he did.

I apologize if I'm not supposed to post in here since the tournament is over.