Baron Corbin- Dumbest Wrestler In History

Glacier

Pre-Show Stalwart
He completely blew his MITB briefcase due to his stupidity.

I guess he will compete against the likes of Hornswoggle and
Ellsworth from now on.

It was a great ending to Smackdown Live no matter how you look at it. Yes it was kind of silly, but great none the less. Makes you wonder if they just didn't know how to book his eventual cash in.

I thought it was a great bit of drama and don't see how he was stupid in trying to take advantage of an opportunity over a dozen other men have done. Mahal was vulnerable, he'd just thought he'd taken Cena totally out of the equation, he cashed in, Cena provided a momentary distraction that was just enough for Mahal to recover and roll Corbin up for the pinfall. Every so often, in my view, the cash in attempt should fail as the all but guaranteed title win has gotten a bit stale and I'm sure I'm not the only one w ho thinks so. It does make you wonder what's going on with Corbin, if he's got some heat backstage or if they're going to use this to ultimately spin things in a positive direction for him. Cena is said to be heading to Raw shortly after SummerSlam, so maybe this means Corbin is going with him as a means of continuing their feud. This also gives some heat for Corbin's match against John Cena this Sunday and it also means either Mahal or Nakamura walks out Sunday definitively as WWE Champion.

Guy guys don't worry just like how Sandow lost his briefcase match. He was in a such better place after that. Corbin will too. Remember after Sandow lost his match everyone was saying the same thing "oh he will start to be more dominate" same thing right now saying with Corbin. Oh well, truth be told Corbin doesn't do it for me... he is alright midcard guy but hasn't showed me anything main event worthy

Hey, everybody should be pretty happy about this.

It means we won't get 'force fed' Corbin as Champion and he should, if he is going to be Champion, he should become Champ more naturally and have really 'earned' it.

I'm so mad. Baron Corbin is my favorite wrestler, and now wrestling is the worst thing ever. He will be considered a perma-chump, and it makes me want to puke. He needs to finish Cena at Summerslam. FINISH HIM!

Honestly I'm not a big fan of Corbin. He has been a disappointment this year.

Yeah he has potential, but he's not ready for the World Title yet.

It makes you wonder why they gave it to him in the first place.

I like it. Everybody would have bitched and moaned at the predictability of Corbin cashing in at SummerSlam, and many people including myself didn't believe that Corbin was anywhere near ready anyway. For Corbin, of course it doesn't take him to the next level. But it gives him some rage and aggression to take into SummerSlam and gives his feud with Cena that bit more of a personal taste. I liked the chaotic and unexpected ending and I think it could be more beneficial to Corbin than disastrous.

As for the Money in the Bank concept itself, it isn't ruined by this. We need more unpredictability with the concept because it is almost a virtual guarantee that the winner of the briefcase is the next champion. Now, we have three failed cash-in attempts and I like that. Cena is even one of them, so I hardly look down on those folk as people that couldn't hang with the main event. But Corbin wasn't ready and they didn't pull the plug, it's that simple. And I hardly see this as a wasted year either. Who else on SmackDown could have taken this briefcase and made more of an impact with it? I'd argue that Sami Zayn isn't there yet. Kevin Owens has already been to the top, and while I hope there is more world title reigns to come, he didn't need the briefcase. Dolph Ziggler is just out of the equation. And giving it to someone like AJ Styles would just be equally as "wasteful" anyway.

Anyway, we still have Carmella to cash-in yet. So we will get a cash-in at some point sooner rather than later.

I actually loved that moment because now it got me interested in his match against cena at summerslam. It brought a reason for this match to exist and it was an unpredictable moment that you didn't see coming. Now they can build corbin up before givig him the wwe championship instead of feeling forced to give him the title because he has the briefcase.

I think they're gonna surprise people on Sunday and have him beat Cena comfortably or at worst go the "reverse decision" route... have him go the "rage monster" on Cena for costing him his shot to the point that the ref throws out his win. That way he avoids the predictable "cash in" route and can claim to be the guy who "ran Cena out of SD Live" or he follows him to RAW if there is a shake-up as predicted.

That would be interesting, to see Cena move over and Corbin pursue him there...

I mean the MITB concept has kind of ran it's course and it's actually pretty silly if you think about it.

In kayfabe world you can book any kind of title match with the MITB contract. RVD had his match in an extreme rules match, Seth Rollins inserted himself during a match to make it a Triple Threat.

If I were the MITB holder I would get a WWE Referee pay him $5,000 fly take him to the Champion's hotel room attack the Champ. Tell the referee this is a 24/7 Hardcore Style Match and get the 3 count and win the title.

Corbin looked like an idiot long before this. He was constantly portrayed as being extremely whinny and completely naive.

This move seems to indicate that they realized that being a "Big, Sweaty Man" might not be enough for him to get by. And they're right. He's not Braun Strowman. He's not become this charismatic behemoth people gravitate towards. He's been duller and duller as weeks gone by and his matches have been less than stellar more often than not. So why rush him to the main event? There's clearly no money to be made and you already have an extremely dull Champion right now. Why double up? Just take your time instead of damaging a prospect by putting him too far ahead of what he can do.

He isn't dumb, he is just dull to watch. Reading some comments on youtube, people have been writing that WWE ruined Corbin. I don't think at all that WWE have ruined Baron Corbin's character because, well it's not like he had one in the first place. He didn't have any momentum going. His feud with Cena was meh...until now. Now, they both have a reason to fight.

Back on topic, look at other MitB holders: Edge, RVD, Rollins, Punk; not all of them obviously but if you want a succesful MitB cash in, we as public, we need to be invested in characters. It simply wasn't Baron Corbin's case.

Let's hope with this that WWE creative do something different and interesting with him, like #beatupJohnCena

Eh, "dumb" is far fetched category in WWE. Like heels who interrupt no1 contender for title match and make it triple threat. Or fatal 5 way elimination where they stop anybody from being pinned even if that pin would mean less competition and you are closer to winning.

Everything they do with that briefcase is for "shock value". It created shock so mission accomplished. Plus we kinda dont need another transitional Champion who isnt nearly ready for that spot. There are far better options out there for title so its not that much loss.

Makes you wonder if they just didn't know how to book his eventual cash in.
Actually, it just makes me think they don't believe Corbin is ready for a world title spot yet. And he's not. Corbin certainly has a superstar quality about him, but his skills just simply are not yet up to par.

Absolutely brilliant. It was a great scene watching Corbin crash and burn with the cash in. Truth be told, Corbin would have been the white Mahal: Someone who has been catapulted to the Main Event that is not Main Event-caliber. Mahal's run has been terrible to say the least. Now, SD Live will crown Nakamura Champion on Sunday in Brooklyn. With any luck, Nakamura will hang onto the belt until at least Mania.

I also like it. A bit. I would have liked it more had my idea gone down which was, Corbin takes out Cena at their match at Summerslam, since he doesn't care about Cena and then Cena costs Corbin his cash-in later that night. That would have been a nice Summerslam moment.

However, now, Corbin HAS a reason to care about Cena. Cena did cost him the championship. Moral of the story? Don't be a douche. I like it.

I guess we'll find out about WWE's intentions with Baron after his match with Cena. If Cena beats him then Corbin stays midcard forever.

He has absolutely no charisma so far.

They may as well make him a member of the Miz-tourage at this
point.

It's probably for the best he didn't win the championship. Not because I don't hate him, far from it; he's a decent wrestler and when he's on the mic, he's among the better talkers in the roster. But when you think about it, since he got the briefcase; he's kind of shown that he's not ready for the opportunity as a world champion.

Summerslam is going to be the moment that makes or breaks Baron Corbin's career, if Baron wins; he still has a chance to become a good main eventer, if he loses; Baron is finished in the main event period.

People are going to assume Nakamura is a lock to win the strap on Sunday now. I have a clear favourite out of the two in that match, but now they've commuted to Mahal I think they've got to stick with him for a while longer.

I'm really glad they got rid of the Briefcase. Not just because it's stupid but the thought of Baron Corbin as champion makes me yawn as much as Jinder Mahal does. He's also not the dumbest wrestler in history. He is a heel. Heels are supposed to make stupid decisions. Was it really that stupid though? He saw Mahal vulnerable and just made a slight error by thinking Cena was out of the equation. I would say dumbest in history is reaching just a bit.

As for the other briefcase I really could care less. There are about 6 women on Smackdown and I wouldn't be surprised if every one of them is a former champion sooner or later with two women's titles. Of course Carmella would get it sooner or later with or without the briefcase just due to process of elimination.

I think WWE should capitalize on this with an ongoing storyline.....

Cena defeats Corbin at Summerslam

Stroman wins the Universal Title at Summerslam when Paul Heyman turns on Lesnar and his other new protege's (Corbin & Big Cass) come out and take out the other competitors. To keep Lesnar & Reigns strong you have Stroman pin Samoa Joe.

The next night on Raw it's announced that Smackdown & Raw have made a trade.....

To Raw - John Cena, Baron Corbin, Luke Harper, Erik Rowan, Charlotte, & B. Lynch

To Smackdown - Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Samoa Joe, Miz, Bayley, & S. Banks

Reigns and Cena are in the ring arguing about who gets a shot at Stroman. Then Heymans new 3 monsters come out and attack them. The Heels stand tall and Heyman says be careful what you ask for gentleman. My 3 new clients are far more dangerous than my previous 1.

Wyatt vs. Balor (Rematch from Summerslam - Balor had won) - During the match Rowan & Harper come out and attack Balor causing the 3 on 1. Then out comes Anderson & Gallows to even the odds. Club vs. Wyatt Family Feud begins.

After Bliss retains at Summerslam she comes out and says she has no equal. Out comes Charlotte & Becky Lynch. They say they beg to differ.

Also have Jason Jordan win the I-C Title at Summerslam.

Smackdown Roster post trade
Top Faces - Nakamura, Hardy's, New Day, Zayn & Owens (Face Turn)
Top Heels - Orton, Mahal, Samoa Joe, Rusev, Miz, The Uso's, and 3 call ups from NXT (B. Roode & The Authors of Pain).

Both Brands have new life. Corbin vs. Cena saga can continue and give him a bigger push then a short Title reign on Smackdown.

I know they have Cena vs. Samoa Joe matches scheduled but I would swerve that. That match needs much more buildup and should be a Summerslam or Mania type match. And with Cena coming to Raw the Smackdown brand needs some top stars to cover.

I wouldn't say dumbest, but he's definitely doomed. What Corbin needs to do on Sunday is defeat Cena clean and quickly to exact a measure of revenge. What I expect to happen is a typical Cena match where he rolls through him with WWE thinking him mearley having a match with Cena is enough.

Dumbest wrestler in history is certainly a bit of an exaggeration. Yokozuna and Fuji at Wrestlemania 9 being willing to defend the world title against Hogan after having just defeated Bret were significantly more stupid than Baron was. Was Corbin stupid though? Yes I would say he (kayfabe) was. Why waste a Money In The Bank cash-in on the Smackdown BEFORE the 2nd biggest show of the year? Corbin could have saved it for a much bigger show like, oh I dunno, the 2nd biggest show of the year which was literally 5 days away. The whole thing makes me wonder if he made somebody angry backstage. I was never the biggest fan of the guy anyway and definitely thought he wasn't ready. Sure he won the Andre Battle Royal in 2016 and he was somewhat dominant in NXT. So what though? He's not World Championship material yet. Fans will likely whine and cry when he loses to Cena sunday. That's WWE's fault for pushing this guy before he is ready. Put him in a midcard feud and make the fans care. When the most entertaining thing he ever did was get called a Dumpster Fire by Cena, that's a bad sign. Maybe he can turn things around or maybe his career will spiral downward like Sandow's did. Only time will tell. I disagree with him cashing it in at the event where he did, but it did give me hope that Shinsuke gets his moment at Summerslam as the new World Heavyweight Champion without Corbin stealing it via a cash-in. That's the potential silver lining here. This was one of the worst cash-in's ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back