Bad Guy With Gun Stopped With Good Guy With Pepper Spray

GI Cake

Thank God For Sodamy.
At a college in Washington known as Seattle Pacific University came under fire by a shooter by the name of Aaron R. Ybarra, walking into the building and opening fire on unarmed students. The shooter was able to kill one man, and injured three others. What stopped the shooter? The actions of a brave man who charged the shooter and blinded him with pepper spray before subduing him.

Another day goes by and another armed individual decides that his second amendment rights entitle him to gunning down innocent civilians because freedom, 'murica, guns. The NRA, Open Carry sects across the United States rally behind the mantra that "the only thing that stops bad guys with guns, are good guys with guns" Maybe they should add "Except for hard ass motherfuckers with pepper spray."

Does this recent event break the camels back when it comes to gun control in America? A potential massacre was prevented by a good guy who showed more bravery, and went above and beyond to protect innocent people, and he did it without firing a single round.

What is the reaction America has when hearing of tragic incidents like the Seattle shooting, the Santa Barbra shooting, the Santa Monica shooting, the Sandy Hook shooting, the Virginia Tech shooting, the Columbine shooting, (I could go on, but I really wish I didn't have to)? Gun-right activists and the NRA host fun little open carry rallies, or flood into private businesses toting their favorite gun in what they claim is "defending others and their own personal liberties" while really, they scare employees and unarmed patrons because that's the normal response when a group of armed men enter a room.

What say you Wrestlezone, do you think 2014 will be the year America finds a way to come to a collective agreement that as a country we need to do something to curb the number of innocent people getting bullet wounds from former law abiding citizens or are you among the few who are partial to the idea the United States needs to just bite the bullet that goes with enjoying how broken and damaged our laws are to gun violence?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-identify-suspect-seattle-campus-shooting/story?id=24021357

What say you Wrestlezone, do you think 2014 will be the year America finds a way to come to a collective agreement that as a country we need to do something to curb the number of innocent people getting bullet wounds from former law abiding citizens or are you among the few who are partial to the idea the United States needs to just bite the bullet that goes with enjoying how broken and damaged our laws are to gun violence?

Don't be silly. Nothing will ever get done while big business pulls the marionette strings of your politicians and nutters wander the streets citing their rights as more important than everyone else's lives.

Don't be silly. Nothing will ever get done while big business pulls the marionette strings of your politicians and nutters wander the streets citing their rights as more important than everyone else's lives.

That's pretty much all that can be said.

I've got no problem with responsible, law abiding people owning guns; I just feel that it shouldn't be as easy to purchase a gun as it is to buy a movie ticket. If you think that's an overly dramatic exaggeration, go to a gun & knife show to see just how easy it is. You'll run into at least a couple of vendors who'll sell you anything without caring if you're the next Jack the Ripper as long as you've got the cash. According to an article in Time Magazine that came out shortly after the Newtown shooting, an undercover investigation conducted in New York City stated that 62% of private gun sellers agreed to sell firearms to people who couldn't pass a background check. New York has some of the toughest gun laws in the United States, though that's not exactly saying much, so I can imagine how much higher that percentage increases in radically conservative states like Texas.

Huge corporations have frequently flexed their muscles whenever the government considers any form of legislation that they feel will interfere with their business practices. That goes especially for gun manufacturers and groups like the NRA because they've been able to spread their propaganda so successfully that generations have bought into it as if it was gospel. What all the various ads, lobbyists, spokesmen and legal tactics add up to from their perspective is one very simple message that sends a ripple of fear down the spines of countless millions: the government wants to take your guns. That's all they have to say and everyone from corporate CEOs to the hardest of hardcore rednecks stand side by side protesting perceived government tyranny and "communist" tactics. :rolleyes: The gun companies only care so much about the Second Amendment to the extent that they can make money. According to the same article I mentioned earlier the gun & ammo industry generated over $6 billion in revenue.

On December 14, 2012, Adam Lanza went to Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut and killed 26 people. Of those 26 dead, 20 of them were children. If that's not enough incentive to convince people that stricter laws have to be implemented, then I'm not sure that anything is.

Unfortunately we did lose a life, and others were hurt, so this isn't exactly a feel good story. But it could have been way worse, and to hear that they were able to subdue a very tragic situation is an optimistic way of looking at it. And not only that but like you said it does prove that everyone citizen in America does not need a gun to protect themselves. I don't admit this often, but I actually own a can of pepper spray. My aunt bought some for the whole family a couple years ago, and I just kind of threw it in my room. But really it could come in handy for situations like these. Granted a gun is going to beat a can of pepper spray eight times out of ten, but if you're able to get yourself in a good position when you spray it then you'll come out on top.

There are plenty more alternative solutions for defense. Even tazer guns? Heck they might be harder to get a hold of than firearms, but if you had a tazer gun to protect your house, a weapon that will subdue the attacker long enough, as oppose to a firearm that would kill them and put anyone else in danger as well, situations would have a much higher chance of turning out better in the end.

The fact that in 2014 nothing has been done is simply insane. Like someone said above, at the end of the day this just comes down to making money and as long as the NRA wants money, more innocent people will die under the veil of 'freedom'. Look at Australia for example, we had a few mass shootings in the 1980's and then the horrendous Port Arthur massacre in 1996 - new laws were put in place to all but eliminate guns from the country and we haven't all been eliminated by 'criminals' yet.

I've had this thought for a little while now but I don't think I've ever said it (or typed it I guess). If America isn't going to put controls on guns after Sandy Hook - it's NEVER going to happen. That one shooting epitomised everything that was wrong with giving people access to killing machines. Mental health, young children etc. You should be ashamed.

We live in a country where drinking and smoking is perfectly legal despite causing more deaths than anything else, but Marihuana and gay marriage, which just kill stress, are subjects of utter controversy.

Nothing will get done other than some people seeing that guns are, shockingly enough, worthless tools of needless destruction. It's a glimmer of hope though to see someone save so many lives with such an "odd" weapon though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back