Avengers: Infinity War Trailer

Discussion in 'The GSD - General Spam Discussion' started by SSJPhenom, Nov 29, 2017.

1. SSJPhenom

SSJPhenom The Phenom of WZ

[YOUTUBE]6ZfuNTqbHE8[/YOUTUBE]

The trailer of all trailers has dropped and after watching this, I finally realize how futile it was to expect DC to even begin to reach this quality. This will be epic.

What do you guys think?

2. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

It's hype. And for once, Marvel PLEASE KILL SOMEONE. They didn't kill anybody in Civil War.

A hero must die in order to get the fans emotionally invested for Part II. My best bet is that Vision will die, since he might not be able to exist without the gem and that leads me to... How will Scarlett Witch react? She went OP when her brother died.

I'm wondering if the reason they haven't revealed the name of Avengers 4 is because it might have something to do with House of M...

Anyways my expectations are on the sky for that one since they've been building it up for 6 years, since Avengers 1.

Loki's role in this is quite intriguing. Also we haven't see the last stone. There are many questions heading into this film and I guess that's what makes it exciting. Also, will Fury appear? Who knows. Will Death appear? Who knows.
    And if Death does appear, we know that she's closely related to Captain Marvel, Mar-Vell. Are we getting more Kree? Lots of questions.

3. SSJPhenom

Well, I can answer one of your questions. They've already said that Hela, the Goddess of Death, will be playing that Death role for which Thanos falls in love with. I think that'll be interesting.

4. Fire Marshall Bill

Fire Marshall Bill Let me show ya somethin!!!

Looks good so far, but Marvel has always been good at trailers. I fully expect Vision to die, or something along those lines, as Thanos needs his infinity stone for the Gauntlet. The only other death that wouldn't surprise me is Winter Soldier's. I'm more curious how they bring about the Soul Stone. They have already teased Adam Warlock and I'm wondering if they'll go further with that, or if that'll be saved for later.

On a side note, I feel this is already taking away from the Black Panther movie. I'm still going to see it (the visuals alone look worth it), but it feels like it's already diminishing its relevance.

5. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

Piss off Ghost! I want a Korg movie.

6. SSJPhenom

I don't think that it's taking away from the Black Panther movie at all. As a matter of fact, I think that Marvel is very smart putting Black Panther so close to Infinity War. The average fan will want to go and watch Black Panther in anticipation for Infinity War. The hardcore/comic book fans are going to both no matter what. The average fan, though, might not be to familiar with Black Panther and might think they can skip that one, but if they're really really looking forward to Infinity War, they'll go watch Black Panther because he's in Infinity War and that'll tide them over until Infinity War.

If I were Marvel, I'd put out Black Panther heavy Infinity War trailers just to help promote Black Panther. Infinity War almost sells itself.

7. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

And what's even more insane, is that we are already talking about movies that will come past Avengers 4, in Phase 4!

Future Films
    My best bet is that they will keep Evans and Robert Jr. around, but they will be appearing in cameos in other films and in future Avengers films. Thor might get a Thor IV, though. But they will most likely want to do solo films for heroes we haven't seen in solo movies. So my best bets are:

1/2) Spider-Man 2 and 3. Spider-Man can easily make a trilogy.
    3) Black Widow movie. We just need that. An origin film for Black Widow could be epic.
    4/5) Dr. Strange 2 and 3. Baron Mordo is just getting started and Dormammu is definately not finished with Earth. Plus Dr. Strange is like a gateway to other dimensions... that has a lot of potential.
    6) A Hulk film. I want that. Hulk deserves his own adventure and the last Hulk movie was back in 2008.
    7) Guardians of the Galaxy 3. Of course it will happen.
    8/9) Captain Marvel 2 & 3. We haven't got #1 yet, but Captain Marvel can sell and who knows, they might want to base the New Avengers around her.
    10) New Avengers movie. It will definately happen, but it might come in Phase 5, not 4.
    11) Nova film. Obviously it needs to happen.
    12) Thunderbolts

These are 11 films I could think just on top of my head that Marvel can do and are safe succeses.

Spider-Man's role - Netflix crossover and Sony crossover
    For me, Spider-Man is the big player. Mysterio, Kraven, Hobgoblin, Morlun, Scorpion, Chameleon are still some big-time villains that we haven't seen on the big screen.

Sony is setting up their own Spider-verse, with Venom, Silver Sable, Black Cat and most likely Norman Osborn in the future. What Sony should do, is use Marvel's hype and characters in these movies and what Marvel should do, is take the villains that Sony is about to build and use them in a movie like Avengers vs Sinister Six.

Also, Daredevil, Punisher and Kingpin and also important players in the Spiderman saga. So they need to figure something out here with Netflix and the world of Hollywood.

F4 and X-Men
    So it looks like Marvel can do another decade of films, without big solo movies of Evans and Robert Jr and without X-Men and F4 in their plans...
    F4 is going downhil for Fox, so I expect them to come back to Marvel someday, because I don't the Dr. Doom movie will work either.

Wolverine
    Wolverine is a curious case. Wolverine debuted in The Incredible Hulk and has been part of the Avengers.. So if Marvel cans use Wanda and Pietro for being Avengers, why can't they use Logan, too? I expect they can and they might play a big role in Wolverine's recast, now that Hugh Jackman is out.

PS I know I went off topic here, but the hype is real.

8. Da Prophet

Da Prophet Mid-Card Championship Winner

Hyped for this film.

Don't need another F4 film since I already own the perfect version. It's called The Incredibles.

9. Fire Marshall Bill

Fire Marshall Bill Let me show ya somethin!!!

Yeah. Excited for Incredibles II, but there's no way it's going to be as good as the first. One of those movies that probably should've never had a sequel.

10. Big Nick Dudley

The Russo brothers haven't done anything yet to make me think this won't be awesome.

11. SSJPhenom

Apparently this trailer broke all kinds of records when it went up.

According to social analytics firm Fizziology, the film's trailer drew more mentions on Twitter in the seven hour period after it went live than any film since the company began tracking in 2010. In fact, Captain America's beard alone garnered more mentions than 72% of all trailers released since 2010. Infinity War netted 1,147,438 mentions in its first seven hour stretch, compared to just 210,858 for Avengers: Age Of Ultron. Avengers: Infinity War also topped Star Wars: The Last Jedi, with its 784,360 mentions.(source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...w-record-with-its-first-trailer/#151397df4558)

That's a good sign that this film is going to do well. Think it'll go over 2 billion? If only the Justice League had this kind of marketing.

12. Lee

For suck sake will people stop comparing justice league and Avengers. I remember when going to see X-Men in 2000 and me and my group of mates were ripped to shreds for going to see it as we were nerds. Now I can go pretty much every 2 months and see a superhero movie.

Also talking about on Twitter isn't the be all and end all when 50% is ripping the shit out of Thanos.

It'll smash records but the laborious "EHH BETTER THAN JUSTICE LEAGUE" shit is boring. FUck Age of Ultron was not a good film and it got huge praise.

Justice Leagues problem? It wasn't Thor.

13. SSJPhenom

Excuse me, is your rant over? Good. I was comparing this to Justice League's marketing. Not the movie itself. Idc what you say or how high that horse of yours you're riding is, Justice League was a poorly marketed movie.

14. Lee

It really wasn't. Marketing was everywhere. More so than Wonder Woman.

15. Kodo Sawaki

Kodo Sawaki Championship Contender

Dude, JL spended 150 million just on marketing alone. I dont think marketing is a problem here. 150 million buys you a lot of space to advertise and lots of people knew that movie is out there. They just choose to ignore it.

Also, no, they arent going over 2 billion. Even new Star Wars would probably fall short to that.

16. Big Nick Dudley

Yeah, marketing was like #78 on the list of problems Justice League faced.

Just give me a really killer Hulk vs. Thanos smashfest.

17. Da Prophet

Da Prophet Mid-Card Championship Winner

What the hell are you on about with it being poorly marketed? The thing was everywhere and had a cool theme with Come Together. The marketing was really good. This is the coldest of takes.

18. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

The first Avengers did 1,5 b dollars, second one did 1,4 b dollars. Their goal should be to break 2 b dollars. I think it's possible. It's the end of everything. Everything has been leading up to this. Star Wars broke 2 b. I think Infinity War can do it, too.

Many marks alone will go and watch that movie 2 times, too.

19. SSJPhenom

It wasn't about how much the JL marketed, it was about WHAT they marketed. Everyone and their mother knew that Supes was coming back (well hardcore fans did), but yet they keep THE MOST WELL KNOWN SUPERHERO IN HISTORY out of their marketing? It doesn't matter how many commercials they show, if people don't like what they're seeing they're not gonna watch. The movie's box office makes my point for me. This trailer also makes my point for me.

BTW, We had a page talking about their poor marketing in the JL thread, now all of a sudden everyone agrees that it had great marketing. Wow.

20. Aeon Mathix

Aeon Mathix Has Ascended

It was marketed just fine. The problem was they released such gigantic turds prior to this that people had next to no faith that this wouldn't turn out the same way.

21. Jeff Deliverer of Mail

Jeff Deliverer of Mail Money for nothin, chicks for free
    E-Fed Mod

Looks like it'll be great, Marvel can do no wrong.