Austin Region, Tokyo Subregion, Second Round: (1) Steve Austin vs. (17) DDP

Who Wins This Match?

• Steve Austin

• Diamond Dallas Page

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Austin Region, Tokyo Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at Budokan Hall in Tokyo, Japan.

250px-Nippon_Budokan_2010.jpg

latest

#1. Steve Austin

Vs.

Diamond_Dallas_Page_bio.jpg

#17. Diamond Dallas Page

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster. Assume that the wrestlers are coming in fresh after their first round match.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

This is a match that would've been awesome to see circa 1998 or 1999.

As much as I respect DDP for everything that he was able to accomplish and how hard he busted his ass in a company where the top spot was crowded enough to get to that top spot, he pales in comparison to what Austin was and still is.

Stone Cold hits the Stunner at around the 10-15 minute mark for the win.

Vote Austin.

Two men with "Outta' nowhere!" finishers.

Austin at his best just didn't lose clean, and DDP at his best would occasionally lose clean.

DDP was fun, but his appeal seemed forced when he was at the height of his face push. As much as I hate Austin, I can't deny that he had the crowd firmly in the palm of his hand during his anti-hero push, and that his anti-hero push was mandated by the fans.

Vote Austin.

This would have been a fun match to see in the early 00's. Alas, Page's WWE run was mostly shit, so it was essentially wasted potential. Austin was a 6 time champion and was largely responsible for the success of the WWE during the 90's. He had record setting moneymaking runs in both 1998 and 1999.

Page was a popular star in WCW, winning the championship 3 times, but he was never on the same level as Austin.

Austin wins, gets drunk, and then steals another Zamboni.

DDP was responsible for helping numerous wrestlers backstage and getting their careers off the ground but his in-ring career could never match Austins.

DDP was a great wrestler, but by the time he made it to the top of WCW, Austin had built a bigger company. It has to be Austin.

I would've really loved to see this match circa 2000, and it would be an easy match for a promoter to bill as the "Stone Cold Stunner vs Diamond Cutter" aspect pretty much sells itself to make the match intriguing; but, with no disrespect to DDP, it's obvious that Stone Cold is the only real choice to go over here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back