Austin Region, Omaha Subregion, Second Round (2) Kurt Angle vs. (18) Kevin Owens

Who Wins This Match?

• Kurt Angle

• Kevin Owens

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
This is a second round match in the Austin Region, Omaha Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the CenturyLink Center in Omaha, Nebraska.

clinkpts.jpg

kurt-1408871197.jpg

#2 Kurt Angle

VS.

kevin-owens.jpg

#18 Kevin Owens

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Kurt Angle wins this one and it's not close. They're not playing on the same field or even in the same stadium. They're not in the same book or even in the same library. All the arguments that were used for Goldust apply to Angle only Angle has been the man before and has won several major championships in his career. Owens just isn't there yet and even if he does win the WWE WHC down the road, the likelihood of him getting to Angle status is slim. Owens should've lost last round, but he will lose this round. Unless, of course, in the future Owens is going to be bigger than Cena and main event Mania after Mania and shit like that. We're likely to see arguments of that nature since the future can be argued now.

Just vote Angle.

Angle would have one hell of a match with Owens and it would probably be one of the best matches of round 2. I actually see Owens showing off a bit in this match and he's going to give Angle a solid match but ultimately he's tapping out to the ankle lock. Owens is one of the best guys WWE currently has and has a bright future ahead of him but realistically he isn't beating the Olympic Gold medalist in his prime. When Angle was at his best there was very few that could even come close to him. It's a situation where Owens has a lot of strengths but Angle is just stronger in damn near every aspect and he has the accolades and overall career to back up his skill.

I'd absolutely love to see this match but there's no question in my eyes who would win. Angle takes this.

In 15 months since debuting on WWE television, Kevin Owens defeated former WWE world champions John Cena, Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger by pinfall, won the Intercontinental Title twice and the NXT Title.

In 15 months since debuting on WWF television, Kurt Angle defeated former WWF world champions The Rock, Triple H, Kane, The Undertaker and Stone Cold Steve Austin by pinfall, won the Intercontinental Title, the European Title and the WWF World Heavyweight Championship.

Even if Kurt Angle retired at WrestleMania X-seven, he would have accomplished more in the WWF than Owens. He then went on to win 3 more world championships before winning a shed load of shit in TNA, which will match to Owens' indie career I'm sure. In short, Angle is better and more decorated.

Angle's going to be tough to beat, and Owens hasn't done nearly enough in his career to warrant a win over the Olympic gold medalist. Before coming to WWE, KO was an indie God who made his name off of being one of the best and most unique wrestlers in the world, which is cool. Problem is, Angle's done that too, and at this point in time he's done it much better and on a much bigger stage than Owens.

Honestly I think there are a lot of similarities between Owens and Angle, but Angle has the World championships and wins over guys like Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertaker, etc. His contribution to the business is much greater than Kevin Owens'. In 10 years maybe this is a different story, but as of now, Angle wins in what will probably end up being a blowout. Owens deserves some love though.

Suplex repeat.
Suplex repeat.
Suplex repeat.
Suplex repeat.
Suplex repeat.
Angle Slam.

*Angle lowers the straps*

Ankle lock.
Owens taps.

Kurt Angle is a multi time everything. He's beaten everyone of note that has passed through the American wrestling circuit in the last 20 years at least once. If his seed is anything to go off then he is likely poised to make a run similar to the one he had last year. And I need someone a lot better than Owens to try and bounce him out of this thing.

I don't see Angle going out here. In fact, Angle could feasible go all the way. And with that in mind, it is going to take a whole lot more than Kevin Owens to do it.

I like Kevin Owens, I really do. And his last round match showed everyone that he has the skill to overcome some of the greats in the business. But there is a huge gap between Goldust and Kurt Angle and Kevin Owens finds himself in the gap. There is not one feature of wrestling that Owens does better than Kurt Angle and that can only mean one result; Angle wins.

Brutal match, Angle makes Owens tap.

You run out of superlatives when you talk about Angle, the man just had/has everything. a man whose career saw him have amazing dream matches and an array of great moments.

Vote Angle. #OneLastRun

I was not happy Owens got out of the first round, but I can admit this match would be a real barn burner. But, as Tasty has already said, Angle accomplished more in the same timeframe than Owens has, and there's no signs pointing towards Owens matching anything he did in the future.

Also, I'd argue this is one where the location comes into play. This is taking place in Nebraska, and if there's anything the midwest loves as much as football and corn, it's amateur wrestling. Who won a gold medal with a broken neck in amateur wrestling?

Vote Angle.

This would probably be a hell of a match but I can't see any universe where KO wins. Tasty brought up the first fifteen months of each guys career and what each man accomplished in that time frame is impressive, but it is easy to see that what Angle did was better. Vote Angle.

I love Owens & he has become a highlight of WWE since coming in. Truly a great heel & will have a long run eventually.

Regardless, he will likely never accomplish half of what Kurt has in his career. The man has done it all & beaten the top names of his time. Legendary & certainly one of the best to ever lace up a pair of boots. This would be a fantastic match & Owens has enough talent to hang with Kurt for a bit, but no way he wins this.

Shame for Kevin Owens to go out so early in the tournament. I'm a huge fan of Kevin Owens but I don't see him going over the Olympic Gold Medalist. They both are hell of a competitors and can make any matches entertaining even on a drought day. But the accomplishments Kurt Angle had in his career, both in WWE and TNA can't be touched by Kevin Owens. Anyhow, unlike the others I don't see Kevin Owens getting tapped out, but might take the pinfall after the Super-Angle Slam.

I have been loving Kevin Owens in NxT and now main roster too. He is very good at in-ring work and has a plethora of moves to prove it. He is damn good on mic and is an awesome heel.

But Kurt Angle is just on a way higher level than Owens. No offense to Owens, But Kurt wins this damn easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back