Who Wins This Match?

• Dusty Rhodes

• Matt Hardy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Austin Region, Oklahoma City Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

15864v.jpg

Dusty-Rhodes.jpg

#4. Dusty Rhodes

Vs.

matt-hardy-girlfriend-rebecca-reyes-reby-sky-picture.jpg

#29. Matt Hardy

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Dusty Rhodes was a genuine trail blazer and one of the most important figures in the history of professional wrestling. I don't dispute Matt Hardy's love for the business, and his current role in TNA is probably a good place for someone who loves the industry. However, ultimately Matt Hardy just isn't as good as his passion for the business would want him to be and I can see little else but a Rhodes win here.

Dusty's going to get the bump, because he's passed within the last year, but he doesn't even need it in this match. He was fun to watch in the ring, and is one of, if the not the, greatest man on the mic in the history of the sport. Normally, when Matt Hardy tries to talk, my ears hurt. This would be a fun enough match, if the right Matt Hardy showed up, but that doesn't change Rhodes getting the 1-2-3.

Dusty wins the wrestling match & he is even nice to buy Matt a few corn dogs after the match.

Matt is nowhere near a big of a deal as the legend Dusty Rhodes. Easy match here.

I've said it before, but Matt was always my favorite Hardy. I was a weird teenager.

Dusty was a pioneer though. His death will give him a bit of a bump, but I've always been a big fan. His promos are ageless, his matches timeless, and his commentary is hilarious. Vote Dusty.

There is only one hope for Matt Hardy in this match. That would be if they put this match on right now in 2016. Even then Dusty Rhodes would most likely go over.

Matt Hardy has produced one good thing without his brother in his entire career. His old Matt Hardy Version 1 entrance with the Matt Facts. Literally the only good thing he's done as a singles competitor.

Anyone who votes Hardy needs to subscribe to the WWE Network and watch some old Dusty matches.

If any more arguments need to be made for Rhodes, think of it this way...

In the current WWE, would Matt Hardy be booked to go over Goldust or Stardust? Probably not. If he can't beat either of Dusty's boys, then he certainly ain't beating Dusty.

Dusty Rhodes blows Matt Hardy out the water in every aspect. Heck Dusty even had a bigger belly than Matt and that's pretty impressive.

Dusty wins based on his Hard Times promo alone. That promo had more of an impact on pro-wrestling than Matt Hardy did, but I could be biased. I was never a huge fan of Matt or the Hardy's. Funnily enough though, Jeff became one of my favorites upon his return in 06.

Matt Hardy is nowhere near the level of Dusty considering both in-ring ability and accomplishments.

So Dusty wins this easily as is depicted by the poll results. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back