Austin Region, Fourth Round, TLC Match: (3) Triple H vs. (7) Ultimate Warrior

Who Wins This Match?

• Triple H

• Ultimate Warrior

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a fourth round match in the Austin Region. It is a Tables Ladders and Chairs. It will be held at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas.

8971675.0.jpg

Rules: A briefcase is hung above the ring and the first person to pull it down wins. Tables, ladders and chairs are available for both wrestlers to use and anything goes.

Assume a week has passed since the previous round so there may be some lingering damage.

02UGgybe_400x400.jpg

#3. Triple H

Vs.

warriorv2.jpg

#7. Ultimate Warrior

Polls will be open for five days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster. Assume that the wrestlers are coming in fresh after their first round match.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

This for mine is the exact type of match Warrior would lose. He doesn't have to be pinned to lose, Triple H can use all the weapons he wants. No selling aside, I think Triple H takes this one.

Warrior has never met The Game. He has faced the man, but never the legend. Hunter would salivate over this rematch. A chance to square an embarrassing loss, with all the toys he wants. Warrior is fucked. Anyone thinking otherwise has never seen Hunter do his job & does not get why he is a bad man.

Tables, ladders, chairs, and..... sledgehammers.

Triple H was never much of a traditionalist, and he'd find a way to incorporate weapons into this match regardless of the match stipulation. If you give him free reign to use them, we all know that Warrior is taking a wicked gut shot from a sledgehammer.

Triple H was able to knock out Lesnar with weapons, and he'll be able to knock out the Warrior.

Vote Triple H.

H should win this mostly because of stipulation. Though its funny because Warrior was only one in history that HHH straight up jobbed at Wrestlemania. That match was over in a minute and included Warrior no selling that pedigree to the point that he just straight got up after it. But yeah, different HHH, this one would straight up bury Warrior.

Trips jobbed to Warrior at WM, I popped for it like the child I was... looking back now,wow warrior was lucky Hunter was only starting out then,cause I think he would be beaten easy in this one.... Hunter brings out mr sledgehammer and knocks warrior lights out and takes the victory....

Vote HHH

Hunter Hearst Helmsley the green which snob gimmick lost the wrestlemania match.

He's facing a far different man in his prime.

The warrior doesn't have it in him to survive this match.

And keep in mind who he just beat a week ago in a casket match to get here.

Warrior isn't going into this 100% after a casket with hbk

Warrior is hurt. Ultimate Warrior barely survived Shawn Michaels. Unless we're going with the silly babyface argument, Warrior is already limping to the ring.

Warrior has also never been in a Ladder Match, let alone TLC. As cool as the hype would be for Warrior to climb the ladder and get the briefcase, it's just not the kind of match he knows. No, I'm not saying he's too stiff, or too stupid to use a ladder. If he can climb a cage, he can climb a ladder. I'm saying that it is not something he has experience in, whereas Triple H has experience in these matches:

• def. The Rock @ Summerslam '98
  • def. HBK @ Armageddon '02 (Part 3 of Three Stages of Hell Match)
  • def. Kevin Nash @ TLC '11

So not only has HHH the experience, but he is also undefeated in regards to Ladder/TLC Matches.

This isn't greenhorn, aristocratic rookie Hunter. This is a prime Hunter, aka The Game.

Vote Triple H.

It's going to be Trips.

The stipulation just favors him too much and as everyone as said, this is a far different Trips than the one Warrior faced at 'Mania.

Trips sledgehammers his way to victory.

I would like to point out Hunter would probably win this in like 15, 20 max. He gets a bit banged up, but Warrior is taking a beating. He would keep getting up and trying to thwart HHH from climbing, but each resulting shot escalates in brutality. This really would not be close.

Warrior is hurt. Ultimate Warrior barely survived Shawn Michaels. Unless we're going with the silly babyface argument, Warrior is already limping to the ring.

A week has passed since that match. Warrior is defo not limping to the ring for this match.

That being said, if we are going to give Brock and Goldberg special treatment for being juggernauts then why not Warrior? The only clean loss the Warrior ever had that I can recall was to Andre at a house show. So grain of salt kind of thing.

Warrior has the same weaknesses as Lesnar and Goldberg. He's susceptible to foul play and cheating. Triple H is a master at those things. He ruled an entire era by basically cheating his way through it. He beat Goldberg by smashing his head in with a sledgehammer. Though the strategy can backfire, like at Extreme Rules where Lesnar hit Haitch with his own weapon. Problem there is that Lesnar had interference. Warrior has none.

No rules in a TLC match, so I can see how that would favor Triple H.

This isn't WM 6 or 12, and considering Warrior hasn't been involved in a lot of matches where just about every weapon is there for the taking, Trips has to come out on top. Hell, Trip damn near started his legacy in beating Rock in a ladder match for the IC belt at Summerslam '98, so the result should be no different here. Easy win for the Game.

A week has passed since that match. Warrior is defo not limping to the ring for this match.

He took 57% of the vote. That's fairly narrow. He may not be limping, but I highly doubt he's sprinting to the ring.

That being said, if we are going to give Brock and Goldberg special treatment for being juggernauts then why not Warrior? The only clean loss the Warrior ever had that I can recall was to Andre at a house show. So grain of salt kind of thing.

You and I both know with that reasoning, Warrior should run unopposed in this contest. His longevity is a huge problem when compared to Lesnar or Goldberg, two guys who weren't even known for sticking around. But they still stuck around longer than he did.

Warrior also was a product of his time. Babyfaces didn't lose cleanly often when wrestling was basically a Saturday Morning cartoon. Case in point, Ricky Steamboat sits on 81% wins, according to profightdb. But put him against John Cena, who has a worse win/loss record than he does, and Cena still would be the likelier winner.

Warrior may have been booked like a rocket, but he fizzled out quickly when he was on top. Same can not be said for Lesnar or Goldberg, who headlined this year's Wrestlemania with the biggest prize on the line. Believe me, I hate them, but I can admit they were big names for a longer period than Warrior was.

And Triple H has been around longer than all three men, combined. He's not a flash in the pan, a phrase commonly used when talking about men like Goldberg and Warrior.

This is of course not including how a TLC Match doesn't favor Warrior at all, and is probably the easiest way to get the belt off of him, if he were champion going in. Triple H fights dirty all the time. He doesn't even need DX, Evolution, The Authority, etc to help him in this case, though some would argue that they could play a factor. It's not like outside interference hasn't factored in a Warrior loss before.

Trips is at home here. Warrior is not.

Warrior beat Triple H in less than two minutes, having completely no sold the pedigree. It may have been 5 or 6 years before Triple H's peak, but it was 6 years after Warriors. That is relevant.

Warrior is also shown that he's incredibly difficult to keep down for any amount of time. He was hit on the head by the Undertaker with an urn, and immediately got back up. That is the Undertaker's signature weapon, and Triple H's sledgehammer would also suffer the same loss.

Ultimate Warrior may have only been around a short time, but he was more loved than Triple H ever was, and he didn't spend his entire career trying to emulate Ric Flair, but instead created a unique and historic character. Warrior wins.

Cocaine created the Warrior character. Give John Cena a few lines before the curtain & boom. Neon madness.

Hunter means more to wrestling & his character is perfect. There will never be another HHH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back