Ask FunKay a Question

What happened to the thing you requested we do before Unscripted? You know about the roster page?

I'm actually finishing those up tonight/tomorrow depending on how long it takes to finish my RP right now.

So, they should be in my inbox rather shortly and uploaded in the near future.

After reading Crock's latest RP, I'm reminded of one of my biggest pet peeves about this place. And that would be when someone writes an RP with swearing beyond the level that would be acceptable in a mainstream American wrestling promotion. I mean I know wrestling fans are low brow. But I hold some people here to a higher standard than that.

How does that kind of stuff sit you with, oh FunKay-e-ous one?

It works if you use it rarely. For example, Mikey's outburst on Ascension last week worked because it marked a change in the character, was unexpected and fit the situation. If a character swears frequently then usually that's a sign of bad writing, unless it's part of the character (See: Austin, Steve).

What's your opinion on the verbal RPs? Worth doing again?

I haven't listened to them yet, but they make a nice change from the norm (which is why I loved Lee's Dusty Rhodes impression recently). I'll give you some more feedback when I get around to them.

Care to explain?

I think Miko did...

Okay, so that’s playful joshing now for the most part, while Steven Holmes getting fired and then rehired the next day was one of the lamest things I’ve ever seen in the fed, ever, especially as it was a hatchet job of the storyline idea I pitched, Barbosa was supposed to bully authority figures until S.H.I.T got rehired, instead what we got was fucking lame, but I digress,

Should be noted, I don't recall that pitch at all, though it's probable I've just forgotten about it.

How has FalKon been able to duck me for all these years? I have a feeling that Showtime is doing his best to keep away from me also.

Because I asked Prophet and all opinions interest me. What do you think of S.H.I.T and my recent work?

Because I asked Prophet and all opinions interest me. What do you think of S.H.I.T and my recent work?

S.H.I.T's a funny one because I thought he would be a comedic character through and through, but he's really impressed me since turning serious (well....more serious). I thought he was alright as a bruiser in the Apostles, though he wouldn't really excel beyond that (in part because I thought you'd be rather happy to stay in that position) and I'm pleased to say I was wrong.

You fall into a similar party to Barbosa in that the character of S.H.I.T is extremly flexible and you are wiling to come to us without fear and we will listen to you. The blood feud between you and Barbosa worked so well because the two of you were involved at every stage and knew where you were going with it.

Overall, good stuff.

Would love to hear your thoughts on Triple X.

...if it doesn't give you horrible flashbacks to losing your last singles title, that is :p

Would a face stable work in the Fed? Stables are mostly for heels but would it be out of place for there to be faces to form a tight nit group and not be a tag team?

Would love to hear your thoughts on Triple X.

...if it doesn't give you horrible flashbacks to losing your last singles title, that is :p

Bastard...Um, not much to add to what's already been said by the other millions who've pointed out that you're damn good. Later in this post I'll talk about thinking Ricky would be niche, but Triple X is the guy that's capatalised on that whole section that WZCW somewhat neglected (high flyer) and I think you've done wonderfully.

You're also a natural opponenet for a ton of people, both faces and heels and you'd be having a fun, fantastic feud with Drake Callahan if someone hadn't thrown my hat into the ring instead.

Would a face stable work in the Fed? Stables are mostly for heels but would it be out of place for there to be faces to form a tight nit group and not be a tag team?

Yes, but only in opposition to a heel group. Face groups generally only ever come about as a result of that and that's the way in generally should be because otherwise they blow chunks. An alliance works better than a stable when it comes to faces.

Because the temptation is killing me, I would love to hear your thoughts on Ricky Runn.

Ricky's a weird one. I thought he'd be in the position Triple X is in now if only because of both Numbers mentorship and because you were here before him. However, the time off straight after the major win over Reynolds probably killed a solid portion of your momentum. You're back now obviously, but you aren't really hitting it out of the park.

That being said, there's somewhat of a great oppertunity here for you with your upcoming story for you to both leave a great mark and also carve out a niche spot for yourself. I think you work best when you have a story paved out for you. You're good at responding to situations, particularly personal ones which is why you've been hit/miss as of late.

- Constantine: Friend or foe?
- What do you think of Constantine?
- Do you think I deserved to win KFAD?
- How do you think I've used the aforementioned title?
- How does Constantine rank in your list of opponents?
- How much chance, do you feel, does Constantine have of winning the Heavyweight Championship at AON?

- Constantine: Friend or foe?

I preffered us working together though when we worked the inevitable feud it played out well.

- What do you think of Constantine?

A very up and down character and I think that's been illustrated by the past year. When you hit your stride you are damn near unstoppable and you're starting to hit that stride once more, just in time for the big title match too. When you're not sure about what to do with the character then it's clear and your work suffers. I think I summed it up pretty well earlier on in the thread: inconsistent at times, on fire at others, capable of anything if he sets his mind to it.

- Do you think I deserved to win KFAD?

I didn't vote for you, but that's not to say you didn't deserve it. I think most of the RP's submitted were worthy of walking out of KC with the KFAD.

- How do you think I've used the aforementioned title?

Until recently not all that well. The briefcase took a somewhat major role in our feud as a weapon and then it just sort of dissapeared and Constantine languished a bit as a face so moving back towqards being a heel was the right move, especially considering how you've begun marketing yourself with the title.

- How does Constantine rank in your list of opponents?

Top five certainly. Maybe a top three. I'd have to think about it a bit more.

- How much chance, do you feel, does Constantine have of winning the Heavyweight Championship at AON?

If you keep on the role you're on right now then you're dead even with Showtime. You beat him in that tag match for a reason y'know. Both of you are on great roles and I think it's going to be a slobberknocker of a contest.

Seems like there's a lot of this floating about recently so I figured, what the heck, let's hit up the old FunKay questions thread. Ask in here if you're interested in an old(er) member of the WZCW family's look on WZCW's history, current state, Steven Holmes etc...

Seems like there's a lot of this floating about recently so I figured, what the heck, let's hit up the old FunKay questions thread. Ask in here if you're interested in an old(er) member of the WZCW family's look on WZCW's history, current state, Steven Holmes etc...

I'm gonna' bump this one more time and we'll see if it goes anywhere...

Could you explain to me what's been going on here for the last 2 years or so without requiring me to read rp's and shows? Just a broad outline or feuds or whatnot will do.

With a new character, what's the best way to start up a real story in your RP's?

Were you happy with your showing at LL?

Predict the KC card to the best of your ability with the current members of the Fed.

Did Cerberus make you proud at LL?

Not sure Cerberus "made me proud", but I appreciated the effort and hard work you guys have put in to not only get better but take that step towards the championships. You've certainly earned those and I can very much respect that.

KC card seems very up in the air right now. Like, extremely up in the air...to the point where I don't know what's going to be booked because no one really seems to have a clear direction in terms of next steps of feuds. It's certainly different to how the Lottery usually plays out, that's for sure.

DirtyJosé;4962551 said:
Could you explain to me what's been going on here for the last 2 years or so without requiring me to read rp's and shows? Just a broad outline or feuds or whatnot will do.

Christ, a lot. You were around here last...KC IV I want to say? Well more or less between then and KC IV the main event was pretty much Showtime, who won the belt of Kurtesy, Drake Callahan and myself. Drake won the belt off Showtime at Redemption, Showtime won it off Drake at Apocalypse, I won it off Showtime at Lethal Lottery and Showtime won it again in a three-way at KC V.

In the midst of that, Holmes began a power couple relationship with Celeste Crimson where she helped him win the belt and then sealed the deal with a nice snog. People were surprised, it was awesome. Since then, Holmes and her have been tag champs, gotten married and had a baby. Very exciting news I know.

In that time period also, Saxoteur (Saxton/Saboteur) became the greatest tag team champions of all time, holding the belts longer than any other team. There was then a cluster-fuck title situation (largely thanks to yours truly) which involved Strikeforce, The Sacrificial Altar (TSA, stable ran by Numbers' new (at the time) character The Grand Mystique who was a bit like Ty but more mystical and less ghetto) and somehow spun itself into Saxoteur winning the belts back and Saxton retiring while Mikey Stormrage, James Howard and others went out for blood against TSA which blew off in "the best match in WZCW history - Klunderbunker, 2013", AKA War Games at KC V.

From LL to KC last year there was a large change-over of staff; myself, Showtime, Falk and Kermit all ended up standing down. Harth became head of creative pretty much far quicker than even he anticipated as a result. One of the last things the old guard put in place though was a Gold Rush tournament, not too dissimilar to the one you yourself won to elevate the other guys because Drake, Holmes and Showtime were more or less done to death in the main event. Ricky Runn, yes the one who was calling you out for giving him shit when he was...well, relatively poor and it was arguably needed, won the whole thing and became #1 contender.

Meanwhile Barbosa won the title from Showtime at Redemption, then dropping it to Ricky at Apocalypse. Ricky then went on one of the best heel runs in WZCW history being an utter monster of a douche and being so painfully annoying that he was brilliant. Was a sight to behold. Beard meanwhile, won King for a Day, which has been moved from KC to Apocalypse to give that show some more box-office.

Ty, now back on creative as you'll likely have noticed, returned (the character I mean now) and finally ended the "Swaggtastic era" (see what I mean by douche monster?) at AoN, only to himself drop the belt to Beard on, I believe the Meltdown following who cashed in his King for a Day and then dissapeared himself (storyline) which is why the LL match this year was for the WHC, which Tastic won to some surprise.

The Mayhem title's been retired and instead the Elite X belt has been gimmicked up - it's a limited reign title so you have up to seven defences per wrestler and after the seventh (succesful) defence you get a shot at the World Championship and vacate the belt. No one has been able to accomplish this yet. This was done so as to avoid a situation like the one we had with Sam Smith and Rush who held both the Elite X belt and EurAsian title for months but never broke into the main event scene.

Dr. Zeus (Haiku Hogan's character, not sure you're familiar with him, cool dude anyway) debuted and shook things up. He rhymes (like Dr. Seuess, and Haiku's...) and shiz, had a long feud with FalK's set of characters (first Sandy Deserts and then Kurtesy) looked nigh on unstoppable, formed a stable called the Pale Riders which included himself, Beard (who he turned after he'd won the KFAD), Fallout and Amber Warren which really should've been great, but various things crippled the ever loving shit out of the angle and it has gone nowhere as a result.

Various people have left and come back (myself included) as you'd expect and I think that's about it. Blimey Charlie.

With a new character, what's the best way to start up a real story in your RP's?

Were you happy with your showing at LL?

Find something you're passionate about and tell a story about that thing. I know it sounds cliche, but it works. Sinking your teeth into something you a) won't be bored by and b) allow you to flesh out aspects of your character will lead to discoveries and decisions being made about that character.

As for my showing, not particularly. Thought I was a little short changed, though not as much as the Elite as a unit. I thought we could've and maybe should've had periods of dominance, dumping people out singularly and together. Instead we didn't look great really. Showtime and I were having a chat last night and he brought up that Tastic would've looked even better if he were left alone with the Elite in a 3-on-1 situation and somehow eliminated all of us to win the gold. Sounds good to me.

I do sympathise with creative though because the Lottery is one of the worst matches to write. It is energy sapping and a bear pit of repeating yourself.

I also wasn't a fan of the knife angle and felt that was out of character...Holmes would hire someone to threaten Granpa, not do it himself. That and, I'm not overly found of the use of weapons (I.E. non-wrestling gimmick weapons)

Are you happy that an Aussie character is arriving to WZCW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back