Ascension 132- Annie Halloway vs Stetson Hayes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail

Money for nothin, chicks for free
Eurasion Tournament Round 1:

The newcomer Annie Halloway enters the Eurasion tournament on fire since her debut and wants to hack a path to the title, in her way is another scorching newcomer in Stetson Hayes, a no nonsense cowboy who showed the world his intentions at R-Awakening by draping the US flag over the title.

****DEADLINE is Oct 30th on a Tuesday at 11:59 pm EST ******

Last edited:
Are You Prepared?

Loading Done​

In the mind of Annie Halloway, no greater feet is more honorable than defending something they truly believe in. What made it even better for her was that it was able to help keep ATV’s image of being an evolution in the mind of modern society whilst also keeping her criminal record out of the limelight. It had helped that since arriving into WZCW, the FBI had not even swat an eye towards her.

Now only a few short weeks into her stint, she had not only branded herself as one of the most promising rookies of the year, she had also been considered for and entered in a tournament to decide the new EurAsian champion, a title that had been held with much praise over the years and was ready to embark on a transitional period at long last.

After hearing of the splendid news, Annie immediately cancelled whatever future plans she had and called her most trusted assistants (and Sydney who had recovered from her emotional breakdown) over to be informed of the situation and to plan for the journey ahead.

Annie Halloway:
I'm sure you're all aware of as to why i've called you here.

Alexander:
As always Annie. For we know of your impeccable eye.

Annie Halloway:
That you are Alexander. I assume Sydney has been feeling much better recently?

Everyone turned their attention over to Sydney, who stood up in the way a criminal would stand during a trial and stared into the motherly eyes of Annie.

Sydney:
I apologize for my behavior when we talked about Stevie Broon, Madame Halloway. And I promise not to do something like that again.

Annie Halloway:
(Warm, soft)
Very good dear. Your actions have been forgiven, but now you must heed true to your word. I would hate to have to show you the end result of potential treachery.

Sydney nodded and sat back down, her name now cleared for all to see.

Annie Halloway:
Now then. I've brought you all here today because I have exciting news regarding the status of ATV in WZCW. Not only have we achieved yet another dominant victory over Alice and Keith, we have earned the right to compete for the EurAsian championship by participating in a four wrestler tournament.

Ezekiel Roche:
(Excited)
Ms. Halloway, this is an incredible report. But who shall you be facing first?

Annie Halloway:
None other than a southern born man that has...how do we put this. Impressed and yet disappointed me as of late. Is anyone aware of the name Stetson Hayes?

Alexander:
Yes, very much so. He's yet to be beaten since arriving in WZCW.

Annie Halloway:
True. But that was against lesser quality opponents. Opponents where his weaknesses were not properly exposed. Tell me, is anyone going to take the names of El Hijo De Vigilante or Alice Adams seriously?

Alexander:
Very unlikely Ms. Halloway.

Annie Halloway:
Absolutely. And that is the difference between me and Stetson. Though he may have the perfect record, I have the stronger reputation.

She wasn’t that far off. True, Stetson had impressed in three straight: But those matches were against a one and done luchador, a giant who had a bad day and Alice Adams, a name she at this point had grown to detest. Annie then glanced over to Ezekiel in an attempt to get his opinion on something.

Annie Halloway:
Tell me Ezekiel, do you remember when I defeated PC Stevie Broon and proved once and for all that ATV's law was superior to his law?

Ezekiel Roche:
Absolutely. It was your finest hour.

Annie Halloway:
It helped that he was to face the Mayhem champion Harald Van Krigare after our little battle. What I ended up doing managed to rattle his mind to the core so much, I had him unprepared for what lied ahead. Don't get me wrong, he gave it his all, but in the end he came up just a bit short.

Ezekiel Roche:
(Pensive)
And we know what happens when people come up short here at ATV.

Annie Halloway:
(Almost joyful)
A farewell none will ever forget. A truly melancholic ride off into the sunset as the memories of the past fade away from them. Once the hand of death reaches into their soul, it carries them off into an eternal slumber. A sad end to what was a beautiful relationship between life and aspiration.

Sydney:
We can only pray that Jasmine Farrow is-

Alexander:
(Sounds disgusted)
Who?

Just like that, the atmosphere had changed. Once happy and excitable faces turned away to a sea of glares, targeting their aggression towards Sydney. The cardinal sin of mentioning a former enemy of ATV. An enemy that once worked for them. And now Sydney was to receive a slight tongue lashing for her actions.

Annie Halloway:
(With spite and venom in her voice)
I'm afraid we don't speak of that traitor. After what's she's done to us.

Sydney:
(Hesitant)
M-my apologies…

Annie Halloway:
Apologies will only get you so far Sydney. Remember that.

Sydney nodded, still slightly shaken over the mistake and sat back down, looking at the floor as she did. And almost as sudden as it was the last time it happened, the mood whiplash boomeranged back from suspicion and distrust to preparation and jubilation as Annie prepared the battle plan.

Annie Halloway:
Now then. I have planned out the perfect plan of attack for Stetson Hayes. After researching where he lives and observing his matches up to this point, I can conclude that there is one crucial element that may hold back his chances of being a champion. Would anyone like to guess what that is?

A few seconds passed and no one gave an answer.This was common place in ATV, for they knew better not to answer a question their leader already knew.

Annie Halloway:
The answer is simple. Time. And there's not much of it before our match. Stetson Hayes has wrestled for many years in the local scene and has seen many traits and tricks come and go.

Alexander:
(Raising his hand)
But Ms. Halloway, would this not give him the advantage?

Annie Halloway:
Perhaps. But with time comes age, and with age comes decline. And that is the big issue he faces going into this match. As solid and strong as he may be, he is likely not the same person he once was when he competed in the independent circuit.

Ezekiel Roche:
He is older, but older does not always mean wiser.

Annie Halloway:
That is correct Ezekiel. He is smart with many things. But perhaps, not smart enough to combat the future we will create for society.

Alexander:
Any other information we should know about Stetson?

Annie Halloway:
Ah yes. He is wildly out of touch, even for this pathetic excuse of a civilization. He works with creatures such as horses, fish and likes to visit the good old stripper club.

Alexander and Ezekiel shuddered. This man did not seem like a model citizen. Not in the slightest.

Ezekiel Roche:
And where did you find out about this?

Annie Halloway:
By watching his awful show on the WZCW network. I forget what it’s name was, I can’t be bothered to remember mind numbing trash that brainwashes good people.

This only proceeded to further exacerbate their concerns and the two began to wonder if this Stetson Hayes had a moral guide, let alone a moral compass. He did, in the form of his wife. But after what happened last time she decided to make something personal with someone, she decided not to bother mentioning her or his son Dakota. Alexander on the hand was far too emotional not to take the chance.

Alexander:
(Sympathetic)
My thoughts and prayers go out to his child. He does not deserve this fate in the slightest.

Annie Halloway:
(Calm)
Now now Alexander, there's no reason to shame him for teaching his son the wrong way of life. For even people like him shall learn to get away from this toxic mindset. (The cadence of her voice begins to rise in humble and passionate tones) And that's what this match is about. Ending the toxic mindset that you have to think like a uncultured, uncivilized redneck who brainwashes those around him with brute force and shear recklessness. This man, Stetson Hayes is not the person who should be upholding the future of WZCW. No one in this game of chance is capable of upholding the legacy of the EurAsian title.

Sydney:
Except for you.

Annie Halloway:
(Humble, genuine sounding.)
No Sydney. Defending the honor of the EurAsian title is not my mission, it is our battle to win. From here on in, it will be our utmost responsibility to ensure that the prestige of the EurAsian title is sound and prosperous. Think of all the glorious names that held this title before us: Drake Callahan, Ty Burna, Chris K.O, David Cougar, Theron Daggershield and the legendary Constantine. Not to mention names still in WZCW to this day such as Eve Taylor, Mikey Stormage, Matt Tastic and Titus Avison's glorious three year reign.

Ezekiel Roche:
(With the upmost respect)
May the record never be broken.

The rest concurred with this nod. Even ATV had to admit, Titus Avison was way above them in the totem pole and would be for a very long time.

Annie Halloway:
And that is why we must protect the EurAsian title's reputation from people like Stetson Hayes. He does not represent the values of the belt nor does he respect the progression of society as it evolves from one civilization to another.

Everyone could agree with that. No matter what, the EurAsian title needed to be ensured of a bright future and they took it amongst themselves to guarantee this path. But there was one question that was left to be asked.

Ezekiel Roche:
Ms. Halloway. Should we give the proverbial warning shot to Stetson Hayes?

Annie Halloway:
(Quizzically)
That depends. Can you hack a cowboy?

Ezekiel Roche:
Of course, ATV is able to cause any miracle!

Annie Halloway:
Then it shall be done. All you need to do is slash his good name somehow. Find a dirty secret of his, any secret for that matter. And the path to victory shall be ours.

Alexander took heed of Annie’s word, nodding and writing down the plans to mess with Stetson Hayes. With any luck, it would work out in their favor.

Annie Halloway:
(Triumphantly)
And with that will come the new era! Our new era, an era that shall live for as long as we are standing! Praise to be ATV, the new era...the great new era, has begun!

The three proceeded to cheer and roar with all of their might as they delivered the rally cry they had been waiting to say since the meeting began.

Ezekiel, Alexander and Sydney:
All hail the great new era, all hail the mighty eye, all hail our beloved ATV!

Annie could only watch in silence, a slight smirk on her face growing as thoughts of what she was going to do with Stetson Hayes began to dance through her mind. The battle lines had been drawn, the war zone had been prepared. The EurAsian championship needed someone to be the torch bearer and come hell or highwater Annie was prepared to be that person.

So let me ask you, fellow viewers. You who had been observing this all along and had followed Annie’s journey since the beginning...

Are You Prepared?

A Great New Era Has Begun.

The Eye Of Annie Wills It.

The Rope Break Ranch
Filmed on location in Fort Worth, TX
Four days before Meltdown 155

Stetson Hayes paced back and forth with a grin across his face. He held a phone in his hand, and gestured at The Minutemen film crew to come closer. He whispered to them in a conspirator's tone.

Stetson: It's a special day in the Hayes house. Not just because I threw the gauntlet down for the Eurasian Tournament, but Dakota's been telling his momma he's wantin' an ATV. I know I've been hard on the boy lately, but if he wants a four-wheeler then he's gonna get it. Think I'll get one meself. We can finally go muddin' like I been waiting to do since he could talk. Dakota's a bit of a late bloomer but hell nobody's perfect. Gonna hit up Devil's Urethra and make a damn mess of ourselves. Damn proud. Damn proud.

He placed the cell back to his ear, nodding, and the smile started to unravel into a confused grimace.

Stetson: ATV club? Well sure I guess but shouldn't he ride some first before committin' to that? This is all a little fast, woman...

His grimace dwindled from a dumb uncertainty to pale horror. He stared down at his phone, not sure what to make of the news Angela was giving him, and gritted his teeth. He took a deep breath, stared at the cameras, and replied back into the receiver.

Stetson: ...is that a no for Devil's Urethra?

Alone With The Minutemen​
Untitled.jpg

Stetson: Hey Che Guevara, you want a hot dog or do ya want me to make the choice for you?

The South was at the grill, shaking his head and turning over the beef. Dakota sighed, typing away at his laptop.

Dakota: Why can't you support one thing I'm into? JUST one?

Stetson: Watch your tone with me, Lenin. There are plenty of revolutionaries out there I repect. George Washington, Patrick Henry, Major Joseph McCarthy...but you done went ahead and became turncoat to yer own flesh and blood! Didja know I was facing Annie in four days? That ain't even coverin' what garbage her and her ilk are spewin' about bringing down the system...who the hell goes around sayin' that on a rasslin show, anyways?

Angie: I hate agreein' with your father on anything, but ATV? Really?

Dakota: I want you to win, dad. I do. But this isn't about a wrestling match. This is about holding on to one's beliefs. I want things to change. ATV is out there making a difference!

Stetson: I'm sure their Facebook posts are changing the world. Ghandi starves himself, Joan of Arc burns at the stake, and Annie Halloway presses buttons on a computer. Making a difference one Like at a time.

Hayes took a pair of tongs and grabbed a weenie. He held it over his head and waved it around.

Stetson: Champions should carry themselves with class and respect for their promotion. I don't see that with her. She's one mouse click away from the feds knocking at her door. This Eurasian Tournament should have a winner who won't be a corporate embarrassment.

He slammed it on a plate brimming with cooked sausage. The cowboy looked at his son and ex-wife, shook his head, and walked back inside.

__________________________________________________________________________​

Stetson Hayes walked back and forth inside the den area, a fresh beer in his hand. He was as red as a hooker in church. The redneck pointed at the cameras.

Stetson: You're corrupting the youth, Annie. These poor kids are out here playin' cyber terrorist cuz you fill their heads with garbage. I've paced my living room over and over again trying to keep my cool, but I can't with you Like Button people. This is personal. My boy is gonna get himself arrested over your New World Order. Clicktivists. Zippy doo-da clicktivists.

He ran his empty hand through his hair.

Stetson: How're you gonna get the drop on me, Annie? Gonna look me up on your interwebs? Gonna download some files and zoom in on my dimpled ass? Joke's on you hacker, cuz there ain't nothing on yer computers that I'm not willing to tell you outright. I'm Stetson Beuford Hayes. My blood type is O+. I'm an Aries. I started rasslin in 2001. I'm a card carryin' member of the Republican Party. I hunt, fish, and drink more beer than the city of Milwaukee can supply. I've only cried three times in my life: When I was 8 years old and got bit by a rattler, when Memaw died when I was 16, and an hour ago when my son told me he was a fan of yours.

He had to pause for a moment, and place a fist near his mouth. Stetson was choked up.

Stetson: Saddest god-goddamn day of my life. I wanted this to be a real contest; I was gonna ignore yer line of work and keep in mind that you've been gettin' wins in the ring so obviously you have some smarts about ya. I wanted this to be a battle of wits. You're a rookie on the rise and we're both sorta new to WZCW so a warrior recognizes a fellow warrior. But your hobby hits too close to home.

He waved The Minutemen off in a "I'm fine" gesture. Hayes took a swig of the can and gritted his teeth.

Stetson: I'm fighting for Dakota's soul now, and as far as I can tell, you don't need a leg to sit on yer ass and type all day. Did you not see me drape the American Flag over the Eurasian Championship? I don't play around online. I work for a living! I ain't got time to get into some Twitter flame war with your ATV Illuminati. I'm a predator on the hunt - a Leg Hunt, and I gotta say, if I can add a criminal's limb to my collection than that'll perk me right up. This is the start of Gold Rush, Miss Halloway, and you best have Russia on yer side cuz I don't know how else you're gonna pull a fast one on me. We'll see though. With The Texas Cloverleaf as my witness, we'll damn well see.

Collection.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back