Armageddon: World Heavyweight Champion John Cena vs Chris Jericho

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots

John Cena vs Chris Jericho - World Heavyweight Championship

As we all know, Chris Jericho won a triple threat Number One Contender's match on Raw this past week to become a challenger to John Cena and his World Title at Armageddon.

These two had a match at Survivor Series in which Cena returned to the WWE and won the title on the night. This is the rematch between these two and will be the continuation of what should be a decent feud. With Wrestlemania drawing closer each week, one would have to think that Cena has a good chance of retaining right up until Wrestlemania XXV.

Therefore, I think many believe that Cena wont lose the title here, seeing as he only won it at the last pay per view. But the WWE has been unpredictable this year, so you can never be sure.

What are your thoughts on this World Title match?

easy cena win. but it wont be clean IMO. i think that like jericho will dq himself or some stupid thing leading to a royal rumble match for the finale. this will be a pretty good match IMO. jericho is no way in hell gonna win. if he does i will probably kill myself even tho i want him to win? anyways this is how it will pan out.

cena gets the early lead. jericho comes back in .cena tries for the FU reverse by jerchio code breaker hits. cena kicks out. walls of jericho. cena stops it. jericho gets made . grabs a chair or soemthign hits him. gets dq'd. leads to a last man standing or anythign goes match at royal rumble with cena winning.

John Cena will defiently win this match, but it wont be the end of the feud i dont think. After John Cena wins, Jericho will attack Cena and lay him out, or I see John Cena actually having enough of Jericho and DQ'ing himself with his new found rage. This will then set up a gimmick match for the Royal Rumble to end the feud with Cena going out on top. I also think Batista v Randy Orton will held at Armageddon, even though i think it should be a Wrestlemania match. I see this also ending in DQ or a no contest to create confusion with the title picture. Anyway i see Batista or Randy Orton winning the EC at No Way Out and facing Cena at Wrestlemania, with the other facing Jericho mabye.

So in conclusion, Cena wins here or DQ's himself to set up a gimmick match at the Rumble to end the feud.

I agree that most people believe that John Cena will retain the championship, just because he just won it at the last pay-per-view, but look at the last 2 champions. Batista defeated Chris Jericho at ''Cyber Sunday'' to win his 4th World Heavyweight Championship in a match that most people thought that Jericho would retain. Eight days later, on the 800th Episode of Raw Celebration, Batista was forced to defend his World Heavyweight Championship against Jericho inside a ''Steel Cage''. This was a good match overall, but at the end we all saw Chris Jericho shock the world and regain the World Heavyweight Championship.

Prior to that matchup, Shane McMahon had already announced that the winner of the Batista/Jericho match would go on to defend the championship, at ''Survivor Series'' against the returning, John Cena. Twenty days after winning the title, Jericho did defend the title against Cena which resulted in a defeat. Two incredible champions, Batista and Jericho both lost the gold way too early, so the question is, will Cena add to that list of title reigns cut short?

If you take a look at the list of people who have won the World Heavyweight Championship in the year 2008, you'll realize that none of them have had a very long or even remotely long reign. From Edge to Undertaker to ''vacant'' to Edge to Punk to Jericho to Batista to Jericho, none of those reigns were too long except for Edge's first one which began in late 2007.

If history plays a part in this, then Cena could very well lose the title back to Jericho. Despite all that, I expect Cena to retain the World Heavyweight Championship and hold it until atleast Wrestlemania 25.

The difference between all those superstars and Cena is that Cena is the GO TO GUY...he is the guy that the WWE depends on most to hold onto the title. Therefore, I cannot see Cena dropping the title this early especially considering the fact that Cena has NEVER had a title reign that was less than 4 months. John Cena will retain and hold the title until Wrestlemania or probably later knowing how WWE likes to book. Chris Jericho will come up short but will probably get a rematch like everyone else is saying.

I'm looking forward to a hopefully more evenly matched, entertaining Cena vs Jericho match, and hopefully this lives up to what both of these men can do in the ring. The SS match was good, but most of it was Cena getting his ass kicked, with a few moments of attack and the great finish. Hopefully a more evenly matched contest results here. Of course, there is absolutely no way Jericho is going to win. Not even a little chance. Cena will easily retain the title, but I have hopes of a good match, and we should also see some good mic work between these two as build up. Ultimately, however, this is probably Jericho's last moment as a title contender, before moving back down towards the upper midcard for a good while, while Cena, Batista, and Orton take the helm.

I agree that most people believe that John Cena will retain the championship, just because he just won it at the last pay-per-view, but look at the last 2 champions. Batista defeated Chris Jericho at ''Cyber Sunday'' to win his 4th World Heavyweight Championship in a match that most people thought that Jericho would retain. Eight days later, on the 800th Episode of Raw Celebration, Batista was forced to defend his World Heavyweight Championship against Jericho inside a ''Steel Cage''. This was a good match overall, but at the end we all saw Chris Jericho shock the world and regain the World Heavyweight Championship.

Prior to that matchup, Shane McMahon had already announced that the winner of the Batista/Jericho match would go on to defend the championship, at ''Survivor Series'' against the returning, John Cena. Twenty days after winning the title, Jericho did defend the title against Cena which resulted in a defeat. Two incredible champions, Batista and Jericho both lost the gold way too early, so the question is, will Cena add to that list of title reigns cut short?

If you take a look at the list of people who have won the World Heavyweight Championship in the year 2008, you'll realize that none of them have had a very long or even remotely long reign. From Edge to Undertaker to ''vacant'' to Edge to Punk to Jericho to Batista to Jericho, none of those reigns were too long except for Edge's first one which began in late 2007.

If history plays a part in this, then Cena could very well lose the title back to Jericho. Despite all that, I expect Cena to retain the World Heavyweight Championship and hold it until atleast Wrestlemania 25.

I think I'll have to agree with Rob B Hayek on this... I think Batista was just given the belt for those short two weeks because he has been unhappy for some time, feeling he needed/deserved to hold the belt for some reason... So they put it on him (if only for a short while which probably did more damage to both him and Y2J than it did good), and then back on Jericho... However, John Cena just is THE guy for WWE right now. He's been out for some time, he actually hasn't held the title for quite awhile after coming up short in several title matches this year... so my pick is that Cena is going to hold the belt all the way going into Wrestlemania, probably picking up his feud with Batista again.

Although it kind of WOULD be shocking if Cena had to drop the belt again to a cunning Y2J, only to chase the belt all the way to WM, maybe even culminating in a triple threat between Batista, Cena and Y2J? Who knows, but currently my pick would be Cena with the win at Armageddon, and a long run as champion.

Though I am also curious if the annonced Batista vs Orton match will lead to anything... of course, those two could also have a really interesting feud simply because of their Evolution history... but it definitely needs to be around the title I feel.

After tonight, I'm far more interested in this match than i was before. Up until Orton stepped in, Cena had owned Jericho for the entire time this feud has been going, which made me think that Cena was going to lose some how at Armageddon. Now, I'm thinking Cena retains and that he and Jericho blow it off at the Rumble, leading to Cena/Batista or maybe in a long shot he and Orton have that one decisive match at Mania. Unless I'm overlooking it, Cena has never beaten Orton clean. But I digress. With the return of the Liontamer, Jericho has a much better looking chance now. The Walls was a Boston Crab, nothing more. There was no chance of Cena tapping to that, ever. With the tamer, there's the chance he passes out. Jericho now is a far smaller underdog, but will likely lose anyway.

After tonight, I'm far more interested in this match than i was before. Up until Orton stepped in, Cena had owned Jericho for the entire time this feud has been going, which made me think that Cena was going to lose some how at Armageddon. Now, I'm thinking Cena retains and that he and Jericho blow it off at the Rumble, leading to Cena/Batista or maybe in a long shot he and Orton have that one decisive match at Mania. Unless I'm overlooking it, Cena has never beaten Orton clean. But I digress. With the return of the Liontamer, Jericho has a much better looking chance now. The Walls was a Boston Crab, nothing more. There was no chance of Cena tapping to that, ever. With the tamer, there's the chance he passes out. Jericho now is a far smaller underdog, but will likely lose anyway.

You said that Cena never beat Orton clean? Don't forget their awesome WWE Championship match at Summerslam 2007 where Cena pinned Orton using the F-U to retain.

I really think that this is going to be a good match and the build up already is looking good. Now we have had 2 weeks since SS and in the first week we had Cena make Y2J pass out to the STFU now this week we had Y2J lock Cena in the Walls of Jericho. Now watching this I have come to the conclusion that this match will be a submission match. If you think about it both superstars use there submissions move to win match’s regularly so its not like when cena was in that match with kurt and masters were he was given the move to win the title should of went to kurt. Now that cena has used it to win title matchs like HHH and HBK at mania umaga and Karli to name a few those were all total matchs and some big names toi no there has been more now Jericho has always used the walls of Jericho so its not a totally stupid match and will allow the two superstars to all out with there being no DQ so I think it would be a good move to go

I think this will be another good match in the feud. They ahev so far had one decent PPV match in which Cena retained but what a match it was. They have also competed on RAW in sepearte matches and both came out strong heading in to this match. I have also enjoyed the pot shots they have taken at one another and the little segments in which Cena has beat down Jericho or vica versa.

I cannot see Cena losing the title here, although it would be a different and possibly a good thing, i doubt that will happen. Cena's to much of a money maker to be dropping the title to someone who turns fans away (according to Jericho's last few reigns) and loses money for the company.

I just hope this title math isn't poor because sometimes matches like this can get so hyped up that they turn out like crap. i just see thsi being like anyother match these two have had, slow and plenty of holds being applied. I see Cena winning by the STFU.

Just like Survivor Series, I expect this to be a decent match without Jericho carrying the match as much...There's no way Cena is going to lose the title so I would expect interference from Rhodes and Manu resulting in a DQ win.

The more I see of this match the more I like this feud. Jericho simply won't win, but this is looking like less and less of a squash every week. I watched Raw again, and even with knowing what was coming, it was still entertaining and drew me in. Adding in Orton and Priceless was a great move because it truly makes you think Cena might be in trouble, and perhaps he is. The neck thing won't be a facotr like they want us to believe, but it's a nice addition. Either way, this should be a good match.

Anyone else but me thinks that Jericho didn't look so strong as people say this past week? Think about it. Jericho hadn't wrestle all night, whereas Cena was just done wrestling KANE. Yet Jericho still couldn't hold his own with a tired Cena and needed Orton and Priceless to save his ass or he was going to get beaten until his shoe popped off like the previous week. If anything, the end of the show made Orton look strong, not Jericho, who just picked up the pieces.

For this reason, I'm still not looking forward to Armageddon at all. While story-wise, this past Monday was a tad better in terms of making Cena, our hero, struggle a bit more than usual, in a one on one encounter come the PPV, he's going to beat Jericho black and blue.

I am now totally pumped for this match. WWE have done a great job of pushing it: the "My Son was a Cena fan" Jericho promo was fucking awesome, and beatdowns each have doled out to each other were fucking nasty. Liked that they got the thug back into Cena, he's much cooler as a bruising brutaliser than as a generic nice guy. The return of the Liontamer, even if it's only temporary, is also nice.

Like others, I call Cena retaining, but it's not totally certain. They've certainly proved they're willing to throw around the WHC belt, and putting it back on Jericho (maybe via interference from Orton, though frankly I doubt this will happen, as Orton the tweener has no real motivation to do so) would put even MORE heat on him and would be a massive swerve. Realistically if they're going with Jericho as main event heel at Mania they need to do this, otherwise it's hard to see how he can credibly be involved if they now have him lose to Cena twice.

Probably the obligitary Cena retention here, to set up a feud ending gimmick match at the rumble. Possible DQ win, especially if this match doesnt go last, in fact, im growing more and more confident this ends with a Jeritron DQ followed by a vicous beat down, further pushing the feud. Should be a decent match, although when looked back upon, possibly the weakest of the feud. On the other hand, if Cena goes over clean, this may be the last of what we see with these two.

I'm agreeing with NorCal here, Cena will still win, but by DQ, which will further the feud and further solidify Jericho as a heel. This seems like its a good feud so far, and will continue to the Rumble, where we'll see a gimmick match, maybe LMS, to end the feud. This should be a good match, probably better than the last one, as they have wrestled recently and Cena has been back for longer.

I absolutely loved Jericho's promo on Raw, about how his son is a Cena fan. It was perfect, and I love how Cena snapped on Raw. THe more Ithink about this, the more I think Cena might snap and beat down on Jericho during the mach, prompting a DQ, but letting Jericho win. This feud looks to be really good, and it's a shame it looks like it isn't going to continue for much longer. But whatever happens, the ending will be a DQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back