Are you ECW or WWE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FTWChamp said:
My God you guys are kickass. If you lived in Lexington, KY I'd be taking you boys out and buying you some pitchers of beer. You guys are dead on with your thoughts on the WWE. That's what kills me about the dumb fucking ******ed WWE marks. They're answer's usually goes as follows:

"ECW fuckin sucks, I can't wait until it's gone. Why did they bring back this company? What are they thinking?"

"RVD is a mid-carder who could never make it!"

"Cena kicks ass, they wouldn't let him lose to a has-been like RVD!"

"Sandman, Dreamer, Funk.......these guys never made it in the WWE and ECW! They fuckin suck!"

I cannot stomach hearing this shit from people day in and day out. You are exactly right. Punk music is a farce today of what it was at one point. These fuckin emo kids run around and think they are punk because they are emo and what not. The fact is punk, it its purest form, was like you said, the outcasts of society. It was made by The Clash, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, etc. Punk is not the shit you hear on the radio today.

Just like the WWE, as much as I do enjoy it at times and used to love it as a kid, is a farce of what wrestling used to be and what it was when it reached its peak in the time of the original run of ECW. The WWE is a farce of what it used to be. We now have a Eminem wannabe, a cheerleading group that has ruined the name and the future of some great talent, a Headshrinker rip-off, and so on and so on. The worst of them all I feel is Eugene. A mentally handicap wrestler who steals legends moves. He embodies everything wrong with "sports entertainment", while guys like the Sandman embody everything right with professional wrestling.

ECW was not wrestling, it was the fans. It was a fucking movement. It is something you can be proud of, unlike the WWE. Honestly I was at the office today talking about the PPV last night. I have never done that with a WWE product. But when I talked about ECW, I was proud to talk about it. Why? Because it's not fucking embarrassing. People with any sense respect ECW, even if they are not fans of the product itself. They know what these guys put themselves through just to entertain the fans and my God I love them for every single minute of it.

I'm not putting the WWE down, as they have made it possible to bring back ECW. They do put there bodies on the line every night for the fans and I do respect them for it. I do still watch the WWE for some characters but there is no question on which I would choose in a heartbeat.

There is no question as to which I am. I will carry the fucking ECW flag til the day it dies or I die, one or the other!

Cheers!

The problem with internet forums and wwe as a whole is the age demographic that it markets to. There is a solid difference between fans in my opinion. WWE fans are more dictated to with what they see. Due to this the ratings fell from the 6.0's it used to draw because people dont like to be dictated to. Those that are indifferent are just there to do something or spaceout (as in watching television) the remaining crowd have been following the brand so long they cant remove themselves from the rehashed ideas. Its denial. Always expecting that at any moment something could improve it. Perhaps they have another great orator in the works and his amazing promos and mic time will make up for his lack of content.

On the otherhand ECW's ratings grew. They started with virtually nothing. The fans marked out and the heads listened up. From this the ratings grew, attendence grew and a cult following started. Vinnie seeing this started luring their members away. Same with WCW. Offer a nice contract and preemptively strike the cancer before it can spread. Remove the compitition and monopolize the industry. In the end that way of thinking was the undoing. The creative team wasnt all that creative and ratings fell. The cancer wasnt cancer at all but is was AIDS. Although the best medical treatment was offer the diseased was resurfaced. Coincidently WCW fell and became a footnote on a backpage article.

This is the great thing about ECW fans. They love the business. They love the sport and they respect each other. Never before have I seen a group of fans like that (with the exception of die hard World Cup fans). To say that about anything to do with wrestling is noteworthy.

They arent fans. In hammerstein ballroom there were brothers. Guys from all walks of life. Carpenters, Plumbers, Cops, Firemen, Students, even kids. Blue collar workers. The muscle of society. These arent ignorant individuals. They dont like to be dictated to be a subpar creative team. ECW to the rescue.

These men get together for one night. Not one word about world events. Not one word about crime. Not one word about anything unless its ECW, Beer, Girls (or anything to do with) and that about sums it up.

Notice how these leftfield chants are always in unison? Who comes up with half this stuff? Ill tell ya. A room full of guys that may have had nothing in common until they all entered the venue. Thats when friends were made. That wasnt a room full of fans. They were brothers that knew better.

If i havent made it obvious i have an extremely high level of respect for the fans of ECW. It is because of these gentlemen that i am able to watch program that i was disappointed losing when the company folded. To these men and then secondly the men who run ECW and bleed ECW i am in debt.

Wow what a tangent. My point was originally going to be that kids are mostly wwe fans (age demographic 6-15). Around 15 they get bored experiment with drugs and alcohol and discover the vagina and move on. The men that support ECW are just that. MEN. We find time for all those things but take a vacation day to watch our favorites give their heart and soul for their very fans!

Cheers! 2nd round is on me!

I can't add anything to those two posts, they equal perfection

FTWChamp said:
There is no question as to which I am. I will carry the fucking ECW flag til the day it dies or I die, one or the other!

virginpusher said:
We find time for all those things but take a vacation day to watch our favorites give their heart and soul for their very fans!

lol, I already called off of work already for tuesday night

Haha, have to keep this brotherly love-fest going. You guys are kick-ass. No kidding, I'm taking off all day tomorrow to and preparing for tomorrow night. My wife has to work so I'm calling in sick at the office, blowing off my clients. My buddy is doing the same thing. We're gonna go play some golf, drink a case or two of beer, then we're gonna go back to my place and watch the show tomorrow night. I can't wait. Man I'm in real estate so I get to make my own schedule. I'm afraid I'm gonna be missin a lot of Tuesdays doing this same exact thing......or Wednesdays recovering, haha.

ECW, plain and simple. I started watching wrestling again last week, when I found out ECW was coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back