Are the fans more critical of the product?

I rather be a pathetic fucking sheep like you say then a smart fans because at less I know that if wwe was listening to the smart fans, they would be out of business by now.

Also I know you we're probably be sarcastic but that idea seem to work since every time he went back to help one of his shield guy, to hardcore fan base became sheep and started cheering him like the rest of us.

But you have just proved other's point with your last statement. Didn't it cross your mind that they might just be cheering Ambrose or Rollins or the idea of the Shield as a whole? Both Rollins and Ambrose have been accepted by the fans outside the Shield umbrella, Reigns is the odd man out. It's not only his push that have turned fans against him, it might just be the fact that behind his looks there isn't really that much substance to back up all the hype.

I think wrestling fans often come from the same sort of upbringing, in the sense that you'll find a lot of them are either fans right now as kids (probably too young to be posting on here most of them) and then they'll continue to be fans as they grow up. The other group of wrestling fans are often fans who started watching when they were young and are more or less still watching.

The 'casual' wrestling fan isn't so much a thing. You either know about wrestling and have watched it and know about at least some past and current stars or you don't.

I think the Attitude Era and WCW NWO angle brought in a unique group of 'wrestling fans' who did more like what I believe Vince Russo was famous for 'crash wrestling', basically the idea that 'wrestling is boring so let's get to some crazy attacks and antics!' and like it or not that did work for about 4 or 5 years. But those 'wrestling fans' died off quick because they weren't really wrestling fans they were crash fans so they moved on to something else.

My point is that WWE has every opportunity to make a group of people who could consider themselves to be wrestling fans, WWE fans, but they fail to capitalize on that when they don't make compelling enough stories and feuds consistently enough. Because now there are MANY other good options for wrestling fans: New Japan, Lucha Underground, Impact, ROH, etc.

Fans are not MORE critical than they used to be, but they have more options if they aren't enjoying what WWE is offering them. I just wonder why WWE doesn't really try to have must-see TV on Raw and SmackDown and then MUST-SEE PPVs. And I'm not talking about in-ring abilities. The match quality is great, but the storylines and feuds are often lack luster.

Have a team really take over Raw. If McIntyre and Ziggler are that? Then keep them growing or make them MORE ruthless and IMPOSSIBLE to avoid noticing. Have them in multiple segments taking out opponents to the point where fans HAVE to ask "What is X going to do about McIntyre and Ziggler?"

Raw can stop having the Tag Division as a big joke with no strong heels to give the faces something to overcome.

And obviously the Universal Champ/Title not on Raw because Vince having it on part-timer Lesnar makes the TOP TITLE feuds very dull.

But I just think WWE is getting closer because of the things I've seen in NXT but they don't keep it up and that loses fans.

But you have just proved other's point with your last statement. Didn't it cross your mind that they might just be cheering Ambrose or Rollins or the idea of the Shield as a whole? Both Rollins and Ambrose have been accepted by the fans outside the Shield umbrella, Reigns is the odd man out. It's not only his push that have turned fans against him, it might just be the fact that behind his looks there isn't really that much substance to back up all the hype.

But at the same time, if you look at how he got receive since this whole jinder/Roman feud ended, Roman is getting as many fans that accept him or cheers for him then fans that are still hanging on to their hate of the guy. Again, just listen at tonight's crowd for example. A crowd like Boston who is considered like a really smart audience mostly cheered for reigns during his opening segment so maybe it's not that the fans in general don't accept him like the narrative as been so long and maybe it depend on who he's facing.

I always say that the plan for reigns was to make another tweener character like cena was and on that front, they actually succeed it because, some fans hate him and will always hate him and some fans will love him and always will and that o.k at less he gets a reaction compare to Ambrose who everybody just gave up on before his injury.

But at the same time, if you look at how he got receive since this whole jinder/Roman feud ended, Roman is getting as many fans that accept him or cheers for him then fans that are still hanging on to their hate of the guy. Again, just listen at tonight's crowd for example. A crowd like Boston who is considered like a really smart audience mostly cheered for reigns during his opening segment so maybe it's not that the fans in general don't accept him like the narrative as been so long and maybe it depend on who he's facing.

I always say that the plan for reigns was to make another tweener character like cena was and on that front, they actually succeed it because, some fans hate him and will always hate him and some fans will love him and always will and that o.k at less he gets a reaction compare to Ambrose who everybody just gave up on before his injury.

Any wrestler on the roster would have gotten cheered facing Mahal, that's just how much Mahal isn't liked by most. Besides there were times that both of them were receiving boo's. When you have to put Reigns against a worker like Jinder Mahal to get him over, you are pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel there.

I don't watch RAW anymore, just catch bits and pieces of it here and there. Part of the reason is because of your boy Roman and his ability to be the most annoying wrestler I've ever seen. Keep in mind that is my opinion and not one I'm sure many share. So I missed the Boston crowd reaction that you mention.

Of course some fans will love him and some fans will hate him, he's a wrestler and will not appeal to everyone. It's basically the same with every other wrestler on the roster. They all have a cheering section and some that are "meh" to them, that's the name of the game.

As for Ambrose not getting any reaction, I will have to respectfully disagree with you there. He has been getting consistent pops since the Shield split up. I don't think the WWE has given up on him at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back