Any Runners?

Infinity

Starving (Martial) Artist
I just registered for my first half marathon 10 weeks from now and was wondering if anybody on the boards is into running as well? Any advice would be great, too.

I've never understood the mentality of those who run for fun. Seems like you take the worst part of sports and make it a sport.

As far as advice goes, start training early. If you tell yourself "I've got time", you'll find yourself sitting on your couch a week before the race thinking, "Where did the time go?".

I used to run the 100, 200, and 400 meters? Yards? I forget what the measurement we used. But this was back in High school. Also I did triple jump, high jump, and long jump. Set school record in 100 and long jump. But 2 years later I haven't done a lot of running since. But Marathons? Dang. Lol I couldn't do that. I can barely run a couple of miles without gasping for air. Ha. I'm out of shape. What Marathon are you running in?

I used to run the 100, 200, and 400 meters? Yards? I forget what the measurement we used. But this was back in High school. Also I did triple jump, high jump, and long jump. Set school record in 100 and long jump. But 2 years later I haven't done a lot of running since. But Marathons? Dang. Lol I couldn't do that. I can barely run a couple of miles without gasping for air. Ha. I'm out of shape. What Marathon are you running in?
It depends how long ago you were in school. But most schools use meters now.

By the way, did I mention that I'm a track coach? That must explain my healthy attitudes toward running. :)

It depends how long ago you were in school. But most schools use meters now.

By the way, did I mention that I'm a track coach? That must explain my healthy attitudes toward running. :)

Ah yeah you're right, my bad. But yeah, I graduated 2 years ago in 2011. Now I'm in college. But it seems much longer than that to be honest. Yeah you're right, we did use meters but for some weird reason I forgot. Anyways, you're a track coach? I hated my track coaches, but they were simple minded one-dimensional fundamentalists. Yes I do know what those words mean too. Anyways, what age/grade level do you coach? And what events do you coach?

Ah yeah you're right, my bad. But yeah, I graduated 2 years ago in 2011. Now I'm in college. But it seems much longer than that to be honest. Yeah you're right, we did use meters but for some weird reason I forgot. Anyways, you're a track coach? I hated my track coaches, but they were simple minded one-dimensional fundamentalists. Yes I do know what those words mean too. Anyways, what age/grade level do you coach? And what events do you coach?

I coach middle school, 7th and 8th grade. I was an assistant coach last year and head coach this year. My knowledge of track going into last year was what you presented earlier; didn't know if they ran yards or meters. Needless to say, I'm not the most qualified track coach in the world. Luckily, it's just middle school track. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back