Any New York Rangers' Fans Here?

Does the fact that I wore my Sean Avery Rangers jersey today give it away a bit?

BLUESHIRTS 4 LIFE! 5 in a row.

And that hit by Cooke on Sunday was fucking atrocious, and he got lucky he only got suspended the regular season and Round 1. It's his 5th hit of the sort this season, which is pathetic.

I agree, and Im a diehard Penguin fan. The man has gotten away with so much over his career, including almost ending Marc Savard's career. There's no place in the game for it, and its a shame too. Matt Cooke is a good hockey player, but that fact will always be overshadowed by the fact that he's the dirtiest plaer in hockey. Biggest jerk goes to Avery.

And the Rangers are on a roll. They've owned the Pens this year, much to my chagrin. Tampa Bay is slipping and the Rangers are moving up and I dont want any of them in the playoffs this year. The Pittsburgh/Tampa Bay series is far more attractive to me.

Cookes season is likely over, I Just can't see the Pens getting past the first round, they won't have Malkin-in-the-middle, and if Sid isn't back then they are just fucked, I'll be shocked if they get out of the first round

I think either the Caps or Bolts are going to be representing the East in this years Stanley Cup finals

Simple actually. For one thing, even though I am a Canadian, Canadiens refers to French Canadians. Not disrespect to French Canadians, but I live nowhere near that part of our country. Geographically I am pretty much as close to New England as I am to Quebec.

As a kid, I just started cheering for the Bruins. My dad and others cheered for them, they are quite popular in the province where I live, plus there was the whole idea of the greatest hockey player of all time playing for them. Every year as a kid, and I do mean every year, they eliminated Boston from the playoffs, often in a dramatic and painful fashion. Until 1988 and Rick Middleton. Hence the username.

When did Mario Lemiuex play for the Bruins? I mean, I remember this:

[YOUTUBE]zeGKVWwaKQg[/YOUTUBE]

But I dont remember him ever playing for them. ;)

But all kidding aside, good deal. It would have been much more fun growing up rooting for a city with 4 sports franchises then 1 that broke my heart every year(The Pirates) and without a basketball team, which is my favorite sport, coincidentally. I wound up a Lakers fan, somehow.

And yeah, that was Ray Bourque he took the puck from. The start of the career of the Greatest athlete of all time!

I sooooooooooo badly want a TB/Det final this year, an Yzerman built team going against the team Yzerman played his entire career for

Cookes season is likely over, I Just can't see the Pens getting past the first round, they won't have Malkin-in-the-middle, and if Sid isn't back then they are just fucked, I'll be shocked if they get out of the first round

I think either the Caps or Bolts are going to be representing the East in this years Stanley Cup finals

If the Caps don't get better goaltending then they did tonight, theyre screwed. And Tampa is relying on a 41 year old to carry them in net, which I dont think he will. The Pens, as much as I hate to say it, are done. Neal will be great long term alongside Crosby and we got Kovalev for nothing, but neither has paid any real dividends thus far.

Unless Fleury steals a series, the Pens will be one and done. I could see the Flyers or Caps coming out, Tampa is a dark horse. I think Tampa is the one team Pittsburgh could beat in the first round.

I sooooooooooo badly want a TB/Det final this year, an Yzerman built team going against the team Yzerman played his entire career for

Is Datsyuk going to be healthy for a Cup run? Detroit looked vulnerable last night defensively against the Penguins, who arent setting the world on fire offensively.

But that would make for an interesting side story in a Tampa/Detroit final. I hate the Wings, but always loved Yzerman. Class act.

The Devils. They're 9 points out of a playoff spot right now. Congrats to them for coming from total shit to not a playoff team, but this is their off year. They're allowed one, as they've been a model of consistency for the past 15 years.

LSN, HateHabs, you guys all know that the real best player in the world was Wayne Gretzky. Come on.

The Rangers can make a run at this I think this year. And I say that because I'm a bias Ranger fan. They do look to have a shot though, since they're seemingly gonna make the playoffs.

I agree, and Im a diehard Penguin fan. The man has gotten away with so much over his career, including almost ending Marc Savard's career. There's no place in the game for it, and its a shame too. Matt Cooke is a good hockey player, but that fact will always be overshadowed by the fact that he's the dirtiest plaer in hockey. Biggest jerk goes to Avery.
This is why LSN is among my favorite posters here. He's the only Pittsburgh fan I have ever met (or e-met) that is critical of his own people when they deserve it.

You're 100% right about Cooke, he's a good player. And I hope he changes how he plays (he says he's gonna).

And you're right about Avery. He's the biggest jerk in the league. But being a jerk isn't breaking the rules, and I fucking love him because he can play the game, and he gets the opponents off theirs. Any time you can get the league to CHANGE the rules the very next day, you've done something right.
I still love the shit he did to Brodeur. Best part is he scored the damn goal too.
[YOUTUBE]Ec_2oKWe2Gw[/YOUTUBE]

The Devils. They're 9 points out of a playoff spot right now. Congrats to them for coming from total shit to not a playoff team, but this is their off year. They're allowed one, as they've been a model of consistency for the past 15 years.

I believe the proper phrase would be Stick a Fork in Em. But a great franchise nonetheless. I dont hate the Devils like I do the Flyers or even the Rangers. They could afford that loss tonight, but they'll be back next year. Best division in the NHL is the Atlantic, easily.

LSN, HateHabs, you guys all know that the real best player in the world was Wayne Gretzky. Come on.

This is a running joke from the sports debate league. I argued Lemieux as not only the greatest hockey player ever, but the greatest athlete in the worls. I guess I did ok with that.

The Rangers can make a run at this I think this year. And I say that because I'm a bias Ranger fan. They do look to have a shot though, since they're seemingly gonna make the playoffs.

Deep team up front. Im not sold on their blue line, but Lundqvist has been great in net and i dont see why that wont continue. I shudder at the thought of the Rangers stealing the 5 spot and a Pens/Rangers first round series. Gaborik needs to step up and be a big time player though in the playoffs, which he's never done.

This is why LSN is among my favorite posters here. He's the only Pittsburgh fan I have ever met (or e-met) that is critical of his own people when they deserve it.

You're 100% right about Cooke, he's a good player. And I hope he changes how he plays (he says he's gonna).

And you're right about Avery. He's the biggest jerk in the league. But being a jerk isn't breaking the rules, and I fucking love him because he can play the game, and he gets the opponents off theirs. Any time you can get the league to CHANGE the rules the very next day, you've done something right.
I still love the shit he did to Brodeur. Best part is he scored the damn goal too.
[YOUTUBE]Ec_2oKWe2Gw[/YOUTUBE]

You know a guy is doing something right when they named a freaking rule after him! I didnt know what to do when he made the sloppy seconds comments in Calgary, I laughed but was disgusted at the same time.

And the other sad thing about Cooke is, hes a great guy off the ice. heavily involved in charities and one of the friendliest athletes Ive EVER met. He just has no on-ice discipline, whatsoever. Im glad Shero came out and condemned him in the media. The Pens front office is at least being consistent in their statements, even if Mario was over the top a bit.

I believe the proper phrase would be Stick a Fork in Em. But a great franchise nonetheless. I dont hate the Devils like I do the Flyers or even the Rangers. They could afford that loss tonight, but they'll be back next year. Best division in the NHL is the Atlantic, easily.
Yeah. I despise the Devils. They're the #1 rival. The pens I hate because of where I live and the people I deal with living here. The Flyers I hate because of a combination of the 2. When the Pens and Islanders had that disgrace of a hockey game a month ago, I didn't know who I was rooting for. I didn't want anyone hurt, but seeing both teams get their asses kicked was rather grand.

This is a running joke from the sports debate league. I argued Lemieux as not only the greatest hockey player ever, but the greatest athlete in the worls. I guess I did ok with that.
Well since you weren't being judged on opinion, rather the quality how you said it, I can guess that you said your lies very well lol.

Deep team up front. Im not sold on their blue line, but Lundqvist has been great in net and i dont see why that wont continue. I shudder at the thought of the Rangers stealing the 5 spot and a Pens/Rangers first round series. Gaborik needs to step up and be a big time player though in the playoffs, which he's never done.
1. Rangers won't get the 5. They're the 7 now, 5 points back, and the other teams play 1 more game then them. MAYBE the 6 if Tampa/Montreal really falters, but I can't see the 5.
2. Marc Stall is all the defense I need. Guys a beast. Of course that's not surprising, considering who he had to defend growing up. They've got some other pretty good guys too. I like Brian McCabe, who they picked up at the Deadline. And for some reason I also like Matt Gilroy. But Stall is one of the better Defensemen in all of the NHL.
3. I actually would like to see Gaborik in the playoffs. I know he's not been great in the playoffs in Minnesota, but it'll be a different animal being at The Worlds Most Famous Arena. He also seems to be a good fit for this team, and a guy like Tortorella will get Gaborik to shape up in the playoffs.

You know a guy is doing something right when they named a freaking rule after him! I didnt know what to do when he made the sloppy seconds comments in Calgary, I laughed but was disgusted at the same time.
The comments were stupid, but it's just words. Stupid words, yes, but not words strong enough to warrant being voted off the team like this is Survivor or something

And the other sad thing about Cooke is, hes a great guy off the ice. heavily involved in charities and one of the friendliest athletes Ive EVER met. He just has no on-ice discipline, whatsoever. Im glad Shero came out and condemned him in the media. The Pens front office is at least being consistent in their statements, even if Mario was over the top a bit.
I've heard about all the good stuff with Cooke, and that makes it worse.

And Mario didn't go a bit overboard. He went WAY overboard. Threatening to sell the team or something, was insane, especially since he pays Cooke, who was the real instigator for the whole Islander thing (he hit the Islander guy the game before, not that the Islanders were in the right there).

Yeah.......and now back to talking about teams that didnt get shellacked 4-1 tonight! ;)

Hey, you know what's funny? The Devils have been kicking the Penguins ass around the division for nearly my entire life. Pretty freaking awesome.

Hey, you know what's funny? The Devils have been kicking the Penguins ass around the division for nearly my entire life. Pretty freaking awesome.
yeah, and now that I've lived in PA for 3 years, I would actually probably root for the Devils over the Pens, just to see the Pens fans I deal with out here in Central PA suffer. What do the Devils do during this time? Suck. The one time I'd root for the Devils, and they fuck it up.

Thank god I'm goin back to New Yawk, and won't have to live through the turmoil of thinking about rooting for the Devils over anyone anymore.

Stormtrooper, you know what else is funny? I've seen the Devils win three cups in my lifetime, and you've only seen the Rangers win one. lolololololol

The comments were stupid, but it's just words. Stupid words, yes, but not words strong enough to warrant being voted off the team like this is Survivor or something

I agree. I think that it was that was kind of the breaking point with him in Dallas. He wasn't contributing on the ice whatsoever, and apparently he was pissing and moaning and had serious anger management issues off the ice that really isolated his teammates. Im not sure how the NHLPA works, but it would seem that Dallas was in breach of contract by suspending him indefinitely.
I've heard about all the good stuff with Cooke, and that makes it worse.

I agree, which makes it a shame. Its like I said, Ive met the guy. It makes me wonder what goes on inside his head when he laces up his skates that he could do something so damn dumb and wrecklessly with no regard for someone elses safety, over and again.

And Mario didn't go a bit overboard. He went WAY overboard. Threatening to sell the team or something, was insane, especially since he pays Cooke, who was the real instigator for the whole Islander thing (he hit the Islander guy the game before, not that the Islanders were in the right there).

MArio has that entitlement, but youre right. The Penguins, specifically Matt Cooke and Max Talbot, took cheap shots on the ISles the game before. I think Lemieuxs reaction was one of frustration over Sid's injury, which was a clean hit. That and the Isles purposefully called up goons with intent to injure. if Cooke is the dirtiest player in the game, Chad Gilles of the Isles is the second. An abortion of a game. I won't criticize Mario much, but he was being absurd and making empty threats, but I understand why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back