Anderson Silva vs Chuck Liddell

CCS

Getting Noticed By Management
When the UFC returns to London, England, for a show at The 02, UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (23-4 MMA, 8-0 UFC) could headline the event—possibly in a non-title fight at 205 pounds against Chuck Liddell (21-6 MMA, 16-5 UFC).

If this is true i could see it bieng one of the biggest fight draws in UFC history. Chuck Liddell isnt a great fighter anymore but he's still a legend and a fan favorite. Anderson Silva is possibly the best fighter alive today and is realy lacking competition. I think the fight would be great for both men. Liddell would have one more big fight and Anderson would finaly get the big fight he's been wanting. Both Silva and Liddell are great strikers so the fight would probably be a great fight with lots of punches , kicks , elbows and knee's. But in the end i think Silva would just get tired of fooling with Liddell and bring him to the ground and make him tap.

So what do you think ? Will the fight even happen ? Do you want to see the fight ? Who do you think would win the fight ?

It's definately a possibility because it would bring in a lot of money and its not like Silva has any competition at the 185 weight class, but if it did happen Silva would crush Liddell. Liddell doesn't seem to have much left in the tank and Silva would probably knock him out in the 1st or 2nd round.

I'd love to watch this fight. It would be like a science experiment. Chuck would receive a beating so bad it could possibly jar his thinking enough to not stay with Hackelman and The Pit and possibly seek training elsewhere to salvage what remains of a once glorious career. I know that Dana isn't above exploiting Chuck's name to sell a fight that is 99% in favor of the other fighter...even if he and Chuck are friends. Anderson would relish at the chance to slaughter Chuck, just for name value alone. As it stands right now, though, it would be a bad move for the UFC, either way.

Chuck needs to get some gimme wins against lesser competition if he's to survive another year in active competition. And Anderson seriously needs to save face after the dismal showing against Cote that, even though he won, put a serious dent in his mystique. I'd rather see someone like Liddell pair up against two other guys who've recently lost like Sokodjou or Vera. The match would be exciting and it would determine who is or isn't good enough to stay afloat in the shark tank that the UFC's LHW division has become.

Anderson would be better off defending his belt in fights against top middleweight contenders like Marquardt, Maia, or Hendo.

This is a very bad move by the ufc. Anderson has like 6 or 5 fights left on his contract before he retires. He is asking for real competition till then and they give him chuck? Sure chuck has name value but that's all he has going for him right now. Chuck may very well be on the verge of retirement and a loss to Anderson will probably surely guarantee his retirement. If chuck still wants to fight then i agree with what kasey said. Start him up with lesser competition not the 2nd p4p greatest fighter on the planet. But if this fight takes place. I see Anderson 2nd round TKO.

^Chuck's stock has dropped considerably. He hasn't had a KO victory in a couple of years and those people who had faith in him aren't likely to stake the cost of a PPV or arena ticket to bank on it. Especially when it's against one of the fighter's on the biggest streak in UFC history. Maybe as an undercard match to support a title fight?

Chuck isn't a fighter to take lightly still tohugh I mean he is a former LHW Champion with a great 7-8 fight KO or TKO victory streak.... he's style is custom made, it is never for sure that he is going to lse though I mean with one punch it can end a fight so..... this entails the Ice Man especially since I mean he is a devastating striker.

But Anderson Silva is the UFC's best pound for pound fighter bar none, maybe even anywhere in the 185lb division worldwide.....so to say outright that he wouldn't be the favourite... would be just stupid of me. I'd have to say though with Spider weaving his web over all his opponents he'd take this fight and by TKO in the 2nd.

Report: Liddell vs. Couture IV could headline UFC event in Germany

British tabloid newspaper The Sun is reporting that former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell and five-time UFC champion Randy Couture could face each other for the fourth time during a tentative June event expected to take place in Cologne, Germany.

According to the report, the clash between iconic UFC fighters would take place as a heavyweight bout.

Couture most recently competed at last weekend’s UFC 91 event, where he dropped the UFC heavyweight title to Brock Lesnar following a second round TKO. The fight vs. Lesnar was the first time Couture at competed since successfully defending the heavyweight title vs. Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 74 in August of 2007.

Liddell last competed at UFC 88 in September, where he was knocked out in the second round courtesy of Rashad Evans. The loss marked Liddell’s third defeat in his last four fights.

The Sun had previously reported that Liddell’s next bout was being discussed for a Feb. 21 event at the O2 Arena in London against current UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. However, the paper is now indicating that while Silva is still expected to headline the show, that “(UFC V.P. of Talent Relations) Joe Silva is considering offering the Brazilian a fight with the loser of one of the two big light heavyweight clashes taking place at UFC 92 on December 27.”

If The Sun is correct, Silva’s opposition could be either Forrest Griffin, Quinton Jackson, Rashad Evans, or Wanderlei Silva. Silva is coming off a third round TKO victory due to injury against Patrick Cote on Oct. 25 at UFC 90 in Rosemont, Ill. Prior to the win over Cote, the native Brazilian made his light heavyweight debut in the UFC with a first round knockout over James Irvin at UFC Fight Night 14 in July.

This is the absolute best case scenario, in my opinion. For one, Liddell at Heavyweight is long overdue. He simply cannot compete with the crop of talent in the Light Heavyweight division, and him as a Heavyweight makes for an interesting addition to a division that desperately needs to be expanded. Granted, I have my money on Couture owning Liddell if the fight happens, but I see Chuck fairing better as a Heavyweight nowadays than I do as a Light Heavyweight... and even then, I don’t see him doing much better as a Heavyweight.

And secondly, Anderson vs. Rampage would be a definite money-making bout, but Anderson vs. Wanderlei would make for a very interesting match, considering the history of their friendship.

This situation is just win-win, whereas Liddell vs. Silva would be lose-lose. There's no doubt Silva would absolutely destroy Liddell, and the reason that's lose-lose to me is because it completely waste one of Silva's fights (remember, it's possible there's only five more fights left in him) and it keeps Liddell to continue looking like a washed-up joke.

Anderson Silva vs Wanderlei Silva would make a greatly charged and high paced fight.... I mean they are both Muay Thai experts and BJJ experts..... I could see this a greatly hard fought match up, I know by their agressive styles that it would be kept on the feet the whole time...... I'm really hoping on this one, ths would be very hard to choose the winner of. But I know for sure there is no way this thing would make it to the end..... someone woud be going to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back