Amiibo

I mentioned the I am buying the Japanese version on my post.

You did, totally glanced over that. I do apologise.

It's new Amiibo day for me with three very good ones.

Dr. Mario
CKM983_WoAAyvh0.jpg

The detail on Mario's face is better than the other Mario Amiibo. I like the fact the coat has pockets and the pill is a good size.

Bowser Jr.
CKM9sTJWcAAp_4q.jpg

CKM9oUhWEAARL0M.jpg

There's so many cool things about the Bowser Jr. one. I took a side pic so you could see the blades at the bottom of the Clown Car. Front on you'll notice the colouring in of his logo is outside the lines. Subtle touch, but I like it.

Captain Olimar
CKM9K6jXAAAWoG1.jpg

CKM9NbNWUAAkjh3.jpg

My new favourite Amiibo, whether it's Olimar's helmet or the detail on the three Pikmin it's such a good one.

So I managed to get Shulk cheap on eBay. It never arrived and the seller offered to send me a new one. They sent it today but in addition the previous one he sent out arrived via the neighbours. Apparently it had been put in their recycle bin by the delivery company and they only just noticed it.

Anyways I now have every single Smash Bros. Amiibo released.

Here's Shulk:

CKOvaTBWgAABS9X.jpg

rob-the-robot-636x442.png

ROB is different colours in Japan (Famicom colours) and US/Europe (NES colours) this was like the original models of ROB back in 85.

I prefer the Famicom colour so may need to buy both.

It's Yoshi time. These are by far the cutest Amiibo. The quality of them is great. September release for the US.

Pink

CLRfIrhWIAAwWsm.jpg

Blue

CLRfOyKWgAAIotY.jpg

Green

CLRfMP1WUAAbtP1.jpg

That leaves 2 released Amiibo to go.

US we have some release dates:

CLqrxWtWoAASvdQ.png:large

Europe will have 8bit Mario on the 11th September and the Duck Hunt, ROB and Mr. Game and watch will also be out on the 25th September.

In addition Europe will get the Mii three on the 25th September. Release date TBC for NA on these. I assume this will be a triple pack.

US we have some release dates:

CLqrxWtWoAASvdQ.png:large

Europe will have 8bit Mario on the 11th September and the Duck Hunt, ROB and Mr. Game and watch will also be out on the 25th September.

In addition Europe will get the Mii three on the 25th September. Release date TBC for NA on these. I assume this will be a triple pack.

The main two out of that group that I have my eye on are Duck Hunt and the 8 Bit Mario. The latter will be compatible with Super Mario Maker, and I'd imagine functions like the other (Gold, Silver, classic, etc) Mario's in either Smash Bros or Mario Kart. I absolutely LOVE the idea of 8 bit Amiibo figurines. This makes me want to see 8 bit Luigi and Peach. Heck, make an 8 bit Rosalina and I'd buy it in a heartbeat. She does exist in 8 bit form as a novelty on the map menu of Super Mario 3D World.... Why stop there? How about other NES heroes getting a shot at this treatment? 8 bit Link would be a MUST for me. I'm sure fans of other 8 bit classics would want to see things like 8 bit Samus, Pit, Mega Man, and more. Nintendo could really be onto something here that nostalgic fans would likely get onboard for.

Palutena's on her way. Luckily Amazon sent me a friendly reminder email, as I didn't even know she became Amazon exclusive and then legitimately forgot about when the release day was. Contemplating on Shulk and Toon Link still. Group photo of my Amiibo team coming once Palutena arrives.

28vt6ah.jpg

Palutena arrived yesterday. I really like how they made her wings, they are very shiny. I've got 9 Amiibo figures now. Tried to take a picture of the whole team but it didn't turn out well. Next up will be 8 Bit Mario (debating on getting both versions) and Duck Hunt.

EDIT: Duck Hunt, ROB, and Mr Game & Watch are already pre-ordered through my local Game Stop!

With the 8bit Mario they're releasing another with the modern colour scheme (blue and red) which is due out in October which is the same day as Mewtwo.

Glad you managed to get the trio pack preordered. I'm tempted to get another Ness so I can unbox one.

Updated list of upcoming releases....

30th Anniversary Mario - Classic & Modern Color (Super Mario Maker)
September 2015

Zero Suit Samus (Smash Bros)
September 2015

Ganondorf (Smash Bros)
September 2015

Olimar (Smash Bros)
September 2015

Dr. Mario (Smash Bros)
September 2015

Bowser Jr. (Smash Bros)
September 2015

Duck Hunt (Smash Bros)
September 25, 2015

R.O.B. (Smash Bros)
September 25, 2015

Mr. Game & Watch (Smash Bros)
September 25, 2015

Animal Crossing Cards - Series 1 (Animal Crossing)
September 25, 2015

Chibi-Robo
October 9, 2015

Green Yarn Yoshi (Yoshi's Woolly World)
Fall 2015

Pink Yarn Yoshi (Yoshi's Woolly World)
Fall 2015

Light Blue Yarn Yoshi (Yoshi's Woolly World)
Fall 2015

Mii Swordfighter (Smash Bros)
November 2015

Mii Brawler (Smash Bros)
November 2015

Mii Gunner (Smash Bros)
November 2015

Falco (Smash Bros)
Holiday 2015

Cyrus (Animal Crossing)
Holiday 2015

Digby (Animal Crossing)
Holiday 2015

Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
Holiday 2015

K.K. (Animal Crossing)
Holiday 2015

Lottie (Animal Crossing)
Holiday 2015

Mabel (Animal Crossing)
Holiday 2015

Reese (Animal Crossing)
Holiday 2015

Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
Holiday 2015

So, one thing in the current list of upcoming releases caught my eye and left me scratching my head. Why are there Animal Crossing Cards listed with this? Granted I don't play Animal Crossing anyway so I wouldn't be buying this regardless.... but still, cards!? Making Amiibos for Mii characters is one thing, but come on. Cards!? Half the fun with Amiibos is collecting the figurines. I've never been a fan of collecting cards. Well, it looks like even Amiibos had to have stupid ideas turn up sooner or later. I just hope this doesn't lead to Amiibos all being cards instead later down the line.

The cards are trading cards which each pack has an Amiibo one. I don't like the idea of them either and it's something I won't be collecting. Amiibo's will stay predominately figures, that's the whole point of the toys to life thing. I think the card idea is a good one for things like Animal Crossing and Pokemon where there can be potentially hundreds.

My theory is that Star Fox will come bundled with Falco.

I now have the Mario Amiibo. I now just need the Classic Peach one which is rather rare here.
CNGdcKaWcAAejro.jpg

Previous release dates not confirmed have now been confirmed.

North America

Mii Fighters 3-pack - 1st November
Mewtwo - 13th November
Mega Yarn Yoshi - 15th November
Falco - 20th November

Europe

Mii Brawler - 25th September
Mii Sword Fighter - 25th September
Mii Gunner - 25th September
Duck Hunt Duo - 25th September
R.O.B. - 25th September
Mr. Game & Watch - 25th September
Mewtwo - 23rd October
Falco - 20th November
Mega Yarn Yoshi - 27th November

Falco is, as I guessed, scheduled to be released on the same day as Star Fox. Still to be confirmed is the 8 Animal Crossing Amiibo. They're still scheduled for 2015. My guess is October/November as not many are out then.

Mega yarn Yoshi was unveilied. He's 3 times the size of the normal yarn ones. Interestingly that takes the amount of Yoshi amiibo up to 6 (Mario has 5).

CI16_Amiibo_Yoshi_Woolly_world_giant_image510h.jpg

Shovel Knight confirmed.

Cooperative Multiplayer (exclusive to Wii U)!

Join a friend’s Shovel Knight campaign and shovel together!
Use new cooperative moves to help each other out along the way!

Deep Customization!

Level up by defeating enemies and finding treasure!
Earn all-new relics, abilities, and powers you never thought possible!
Customize the look of your Shovel Knight with cool and crazy cosmetic options!
Use your custom amiibo seamlessly between 3DS and Wii U!

Exclusive Challenge Stages!

Battle your way through amiibo exclusive challenge stages that take advantage of the new amiibo relics and abilities!

One amiibo, multiple games

We plan to continue support of the Shovel Knight amiibo in future Yacht Club Games and Nintendo products! Stay tuned to amiibo.com for compatibility details in new games.

CNeCC_kUEAAgz6w.jpg

I'm a bit excited about this, a fully third party Amiibo that's not compatible with Smash Bros. or anything. Opens up a world of potential.

Classic colours Mario based on his appearance in Super Mario Bros. The modern colour one is arriving next month (incidentally the modern colour one is Mario's original colours, complex).

Behold his glory. Full view:
COnMlj2W8AA7e5U.jpg

Back view:
COnMoMUWsAA-AoY.jpg

Front view:
COnMmxxW8AA5kii.jpg

Inscription on warp pipe:
COnMpIHWoAMuZnc.jpg

I believe that's 58 of 59 I now have.

Classic 8 bit Mario arrived a few days ago. I'm expecting the 8 bit trio (Duck Hunt Dog, ROB, and Mr Game & Watch) in a few more days as well. However, what I really wanted to share this time around was the Amiibo Carrying Case that I found!

24yspw7.jpg

This fit all 10 of my Amiibos while they are standing up straight. I should be able to fit up to a dozen more in the same case if they lay down. Lee, you might need 4 of these if you were going to store all of yours. It's pretty awesome and the fact that it's a traditional Mario "? Block" is even cooler.

Two days early! Boom.

Amiibo three:
CPmrRsjWEAABDcP.jpg

Gunner:
CPmrcvbWEAAY2ZP.jpg

Sword Fighter:
CPmrjAOXAAE1nlu.jpg

Brawler:
CPmrfveWgAApc83.jpg

I was surprised how in depth the detail was for the Mii ones, I was expecting them to be rather generic.

The next three blow most out the water, I'm looking forward to seeing what Mr. Game and Watch is like out the box when Dagger uploads it.

Retro 3.
CPmsHChWoAA1jw5.jpg
Mr. Game and Watch which has four different alternatives:
CPmsKfwWgAAbyMh.jpg

Duck Hunt duo:
CPmsNJSXAAAWp9B.jpg

R.O.B.
CPmsR-eWoAA5Lm_.jpg

It's an 8 bit Amiibo triple threat!

Duck Hunt, ROB, and Mr Game & Watch arrived today.

Mr Game & Watch had four different poses. When I initially opened the packaging, Mr Game & Watch came off his stand. I legit thought he was broken. Then two seconds later I saw the three additional poses that came with him that were underneath. You can swap out Mr Game & Watch's pose for multiple others! Nicely done there, Nintendo. That is a trend I certainly see coming for other Amiibos in the future. Anyway, here are the pictures including all 4 of my Mr Game & Watch poses. I like the "9" one the best.

muij3p.jpg

19bgr6.jpg

25je4ux.jpg

2j4cztx.jpg

mcx66o.jpg

Updated list of some releases is below. The Yarn Yoshi's got released this week. November is going to see a number of new Amiibo's....

Green Yarn Yoshi (Yoshi's Woolly World)
October 16, 2015

Light Blue Yarn Yoshi (Yoshi's Woolly World)
October 16, 2015

Pink Yarn Yoshi (Yoshi's Woolly World)
October 16, 2015

Mii Brawler (Smash Bros)
November 01, 2015

Mii Gunner (Smash Bros)
November 01, 2015

Mii Swordfighter (Smash Bros)
November 01, 2015

Cyrus (Animal Crossing)
November 13, 2015

Digby (Animal Crossing)
November 13, 2015

November 13, 2015

KK (Animal Crossing)
November 13, 2015

Mabel (Animal Crossing)
November 13, 2015

Reese (Animal Crossing)
November 13, 2015

November 13, 2015

Mewtwo (Smash Bros)
November 13, 2015

Falco (Smash Bros)
November 20, 2015

Mega Yarn Yoshi (Yoshi's Woolly World)
November 2015

Lottie (Animal Crossing)
November 22, 2015

Shovel Knight
Holiday 2015

I want Mewtwo. Now. Gonna be a long wait until that release day which is almost a month from now.

I have Mewtwo but I don't have it. My girfriend bought me it for my birthday and I can't have it until then. It was released a week and a half ago in the UK.

Also released was modern colour Mario 8 bit and I much prefer this colour scheme. No photo yet but I'll upload it when I get Chibi Robo this week.

I was at Target the other night and randomly sitting on a shelf was the classic color 8-bit Mario. Bought the shit out of it. Praise be to our Lord and Savior, Sasha Banks

Modern Mario and Classic Mario side by side:
CTIu6VyWIAArjST.jpg

Modern by himself:
CTIuwN7XAAQHegV.jpg

I love modern Mario, the colours are much better than classic and the 8 bit feel works perfectly.

Chibi-Robo:

How adorable is he?!
CTIv589WIAAQtiK.jpg

So with this being a big week for Amiibo's (a large number of Animal Crossing Amiibo's are coming as well as Mewtwo) I found some updates on release exclusivity in the states which are worth noting....

Cyrus (Animal Crossing)
November 13, 2015
****Exclusively in the Animal Crossing 3-pack set.

Digby (Animal Crossing)
November 13, 2015
****Exclusively with Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival

November 13, 2015
****Exclusively with Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival

KK (Animal Crossing)
November 13, 2015

Mabel (Animal Crossing)
November 13, 2015

Reese (Animal Crossing)
November 13, 2015

November 13, 2015

Mewtwo (Smash Bros)
November 13, 2015

Falco (Smash Bros)
November 20, 2015
****Best Buy exclusive

Mega Yarn Yoshi (Yoshi's Woolly World)
November 2015
****Toys R' Us exclusive

Lottie (Animal Crossing)
November 22, 2015

Shovel Knight
Holiday 2015

So, luckily Mewtwo doesn't appear to be an exclusive. However, I don't envy any of the Animal Crossing fans out there at the moment. Good luck on collecting all those, let alone all of the "card Amiibo's" (which there are 100 so far of) to any who are planning to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back