All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is a dead horse that has been beaten over and over and OVER!

That being said, Undertaker's not going to lose, so let's not bother worrying about it.

Now, if he were hypothetically going to lose to a young talent, it wouldn't be a slap in the face. It'd be the greatest push ever. Undertaker would choose to lose to them for one, which means that this young talent would be good enough that 'Taker thinks they would use the push to get to the moon. That's not a slap in the face, it's an honor. And what does it matter what other people think. If Taker and Vince thought someone deserved that honor, who's business is it to call it an insult?

Ive sat and watched Triple h v Undertaker II too many times now and i think if Triple H had used the Sledgehammer would that of been it after the Pedigrees and the Tombstone would that be whats needed to end the streak? On the other hand they let Edge retire Champion so there is no way that streak will end, i belive Taker will hang up his boots with that intact. Could'nt they get somebody 'Over' (as you guys put it) as the guy be the one who ended Taker's Carrier? It could work for a Heel, give him that arrogant attitude 'Yeah i lost the battle but i won the war' kind of take to it. Thats my two cent.

Ive sat and watched Triple h v Undertaker II too many times now and i think if Triple H had used the Sledgehammer would that of been it after the Pedigrees and the Tombstone would that be whats needed to end the streak? On the other hand they let Edge retire Champion so there is no way that streak will end, i belive Taker will hang up his boots with that intact. Could'nt they get somebody 'Over' (as you guys put it) as the guy be the one who ended Taker's Carrier? It could work for a Heel, give him that arrogant attitude 'Yeah i lost the battle but i won the war' kind of take to it. Thats my two cent.

That would actually be the perfect way to end it. Have a good, long, grueling match, both men at their limits, Taker just refusing to die. I'd almost say have the match end in a DQ, have the heel so taken over the edge by Taker kicking out of everything that he snaps and just starts destroying him with chair shots and every other illegal thing you can think of. Have him dragged out of the arena, wild eyed and foaming, and then have Taker carried out.

The next night, he cuts the promo, "I went in to end the streak, and I did what no one else could. I may not have taken the streak... but I TOOK HIS CAREER!"

If the streak did end, I would much rather it went to someone younger and who could actually use the push rather than Taker losing to Trips or Cena or Orton, etc. That would be a slap to the face more than anything else, if the ending of the streak was wasted.

I actually believe that the Undertaker should put over someone young at his last ever Wrestlemania. While the streak is a big part of his legacy, it's not his whole legacy. Without it, he would still be remembered and he would still get into the Hall of Fame as one of the best ever. The IWC are constantly complaining about how older guys won't pass the torch. Well allowing someone to end the streak would be the ultimate passing of the torch and would instantly make whoever broke it into the hottest wrestler on earth. Which, if it was a young wrestler, would mean great things for the future of the WWE.

Now let's forget for a moment that you're reasoning behind someone young breaking the streak being a slap to the face is based around logic. (Cause pro wrestling is all about the logic and realism, AmIRight?) I'll try to speak your language.

You're claiming that if the Miz ended the Streak, it would be ridiculous because Shawn Michaels, one of the greatest ever, couldn't end it. Ok.

Firstly, the Miz is WWE champion in a company that has John Cena and Randy Orton. Secondly he has managed to keep the title for one of the longest reigns in 10 years.Thirdly, he hasn't reached his prime yet, and WWE is pushing him like he's always getting better (which he is, both kayfabe and non kayfabe). Then add in the fact that he's only been a big player for a year, 18 months at most. For all we know, he could be come one of the all time greats himself, we can't tell the future. You may think that's ridiculous, but he's booked very well, talks very well and he's getting better every day in the ring. Stranger things have happened. And the Miz would be facing an Undertaker who is a shell of his former self.

The second piece of evidence for my case is the Shawn Michaels that Taker beat. 12-15 years past his prime, bad back and was against an Undertaker who hadn't gone downhill quite as much as he had now. Yeah, makes sense.

I think that's a fairly sound argument.

Everything you say is true, it would look bad on HHH, HBK and all the other legends who have faced him but you have to think about the fact that losing Taker means that not only losing a talented superstar it means losing one of the biggest names in WWE history. Now if that is going to happen why not give birth to a new legend with the death of an old one? He would still be forever immortalized in WWE history and in the fan's minds, but I think we have to think about how it effects the WWE Universe as a whole, not just Taker's legeacy. To make everyone happy I say give him an opponent he has not faced at mania who is a credible vetran(Jericho for example) and have him beat him. The streak stands at 20 and Taker fans who dont want his streak tarnished are happy. Then have him get in a feud with a younger superstar, build it and have him retired by that young superstar. His mania legacy stands AND he gives birth to a new legend.

I honestly hope they don't kill the streak, if taker can't be conditioned for a long match anymore take up michael cole on the offer to put up streak vs streak, have him beat him in a matter of seconds and then retire at 20-0. I love the streak myself and if anything I doubt it would give a young talent a push if he beat taker at mania, but instead would make him hated and turn the talent heel cause so many people love and respect taker for his streak and to loose it to some young guy would be sad...

i think his last match SHOULD be at wrestlemania, but he should win, and- being a chris jericho fan, i think it should be against him. if chris jericho is in a match with the undertaker it would steal the show, definitely. it could be at wrestlemania next year which will make it seem far more like a supercard than this years show, rock-cena is a huge draw but it would also be the undertakers last match, and it would be a classic

OK i don't know if this has been done but if it has sorry

i was reading a thread " If undertaker didn't have the streak , would he be retirered?"
and of course people were saying stuff blah blah blah but one thing i noticed and i noticed it a lot in every kind of wrestlemania/undertaker thread, and that is people saying the undertaker should face young talent at wrestlemania.

Now that's not what annoys me what annoys me is people saying if undertaker loses it has to be to a young talent because they have the most to gain because a veteran like Cena or HHH would have nothing to gain from beating him, this is true, a young superstar like Miz, Morrison, Ziggler ect. would have the most to gain but if they won it would be a slap in the face.

it would be a slap in the face to the streak, to the fans with half a brain and most importantly to taker and every veteran who lost to him at mania.
you expect us to believe that HBK the greatest of all time could not beat taker at mania and gave up his career trying or that HHH another great legend could beat the undertaker to a pulp and still lose but someone like the Miz could beat him.

No disrespect to the Miz I'm just using him as an example but he is no HHH and he is certainly no HBK and if he were to beat undertaker at mania it would be
a slap in the face.

i know this will probably never happen and next mania will probably be his last and it'll be taker vs HHH II/III but plans change and if he does go up against a young talent he should not lose because it would be a giant middle finger to the fans because it wouldn't make sense, he's beaten all the greats and not so greats so i doubt someone like the Miz or Morrison or Barrett because it just would not be believable and if HBK couldn't do it a newcomer definitly could not do it!

anyway feel free to leave your opinion (please don't be too mean)

It wouldn't be a slap in the face to him because they wouldn't do it if he didn't agree to it. Taker would only do it as a parting gift, if he thought it would help put over the next megastar. But they won't do it to help get over just anybody. And it would be believable, because Taker isn't in his prime going against somebody who is. In every sport an athlete gets to a point where he can't compete with the younger guys. If they play that up prior to the match, it could at least keep the fans open to the possibility that Taker might lose, maybe? I agree that he should retire a perfect 20-0, but if they can create the illusion that he has a chance to lose then they should.

If the streek has to end, then it should go to a younger talent. Not some green kid, someone who is young but known in the company. Del Rio or Shamus fits the bill right now., maybe McIntyre but that would need some work. I do not want to see the end of the streek, but it would be interesting to see what kind of theatrics would follow.

But, as for it being a slap in the face......only if the win is not clean. If Taker were to lose at Mania by "cheating", that would be the slap. If this were to ever happen the win would have to be clean.

Taker doesn't need to lose to put someone over. Just look at CM Punk, the Hardyz, Maven as 3 examples as they lost to Taker but got a major rub from him. The Streak will end when or if Vince dies as it will go on forever like Andre's long arsed Undefeated streak. Taker is this ERA'S Andre. If Mark Callaway was to end the Streak it would be his pick of soul.

IMO there isn't many options here that would make me believe his streak is somewhat in jeopardy. There really is only two obvious options to choose from and that's Triple H or Chris Jericho. I just don't think it could be anyone else because it needs to be a legend for anyone to believe the streak will end. I'm going to pick triple h because I believe Jericho will face Orton at mania for the world heavyweight title. I must say I much rather see Undertaker face off against Jericho but I just don't see it happening.

Personally i would love to see The Undertakers last Match a real Dark, sadistic, underworld style match. E.G

Candidates could include

Sting- Wont ever happen even though its every ones "Dream Match'

From "The Bottemless Pitt" The Boogeyman- i would love to see this match. Freak from The Bottomless Pitt VS Phenom From Death Valley

Kane- The only way i would ever like to see Kane VS Undertaker III is if Kane reunites with his mask and like RVD makes an appearance and gives it back since he is the one who convinced kane didnt have to hide behind his mask.

Cant Think of any other Dark Wrestlers similar to the above if anyone else thinks of one post it up

Stupid Match Of The Week!
Hornswoggle VS Undertaker WM28

Kane for sure.
WHO doesn't want to see the Brothers of Destruction in another rivalry.
And no normal match.
We need HIAC at WM28 for these 2.
i don't think that WM27 was all that great with Taker vs HHH, but if WWE gives the WWE Universe a GREAT HIAC at WM28 with major spots and twists, we will all be hooked once again.....

We all know its probably gonna be HHH vs undertaker at wrestlemania 28 and people are saying they want too see Shawn Michaels but i don't want too see HBK hurt but i do want too see him back.

So i was thinking why not have HHH vs undertaker and have HBK as the special guest ref?! It could create some interesting situations e.g HBK and HHH teaming up as DX making it seem as all the odds are against the undertaker , but then have him superkick hhh saying if i can't do it neither can you!

Thoughts?

With the general idea going around that wretlemania 28 will be the undertakers last ever match to make him 20-0, if he does end up versing Triple H then don't you think that this would hurt the streak with Shawn Michaels as a special guest referee. While it would be very interesting, the undertakes match doesn't need a guest referee to have a great match and it would really make him look weak if a referee had to help The Undertaker extend the streak. Would you really want to see this match as the undertakers last ever?

No offense but the whole DX mixture of possibilities in regards to WM28 and Taker has been discussed a million times. In order for the Undertaker to retire and be gone for good he needs to be exposed as being "mortal" and be mortally wounded. The best way to accomplish that......Taker loses his WM28 match. But leave out the expected opponents to accomplish the feat. Make it a surprise opponent. A personality that is becoming established, or maybe a new up and coming star. Wade Barrett to me would be the top runner to make this a worthwhile match. Barrett defeating Undertaker would elevate Barrett to full main event status AND usher in a new era to the WWE. Maybe Sheamus. Revive his position as a main eventer and give him a huge push. Maybe a developed talent that hasn't debuted yet. Maybe a returning star that came over from TNA or out of retirement. Bottom line, it is beyond time for WWE to move to usher in a new era and it is due time for Undertaker to job someone to give the WWE a big boost.

NO NO NO!

1) Taker must win and retire 20-0. It's mystique folks. has to be done for the sake of the business.

2) No Preparation H, No DX, and for goodness sake, lets stop the Wade Barrett shit once and for all. Creative already killed him by allowing him NOT to keep his NXT World Title Shot her earned. He should have won the title already, at least for a night, instead of getting his ass handed to him by Cena, et all. This is one of those make the MIZ lose, but gain respect matches and then he turns face during it. The MIZ must get the WM28 shot. HHHHEEEEEEEE is your future.

NO NO NO!

1) Taker must win and retire 20-0. It's mystique folks. has to be done for the sake of the business.

2) No Preparation H, No DX, and for goodness sake, lets stop the Wade Barrett shit once and for all. Creative already killed him by allowing him NOT to keep his NXT World Title Shot her earned. He should have won the title already, at least for a night, instead of getting his ass handed to him by Cena, et all. This is one of those make the MIZ lose, but gain respect matches and then he turns face during it. The MIZ must get the WM28 shot. HHHHEEEEEEEE is your future.

Respectfully I have to agree and disagree with some of your points. What I agree with is no more Prep H, DX mix, or expected opponents. I do agree that creative severly damaged Wade Barrett as well. Though I believe that can be recovered from. Remember, Stone Cold Steve Austin had some pretty lame personas before he became Stone Cold. Road Warrior Animal initially looked like he was out of the Village People before Hawk joined him and formed the Road Warriors. So I wouldn't be too concerned about early creative gaffs with Barrett.

This is where I respectfully disagree with you. Taker going 20-0 does nothing for the future of the company. Once he is gone, he is gone. However, having on the roster "The man that ended the Undertakers Streak" would be huge. Right off the bat Kane could seek retribution only to come up short. Then you can jump right into main event title pictures with that person and start building for post Cena / Orton days. I just see the streak being ended as having greater long term value than the short term value that 20-0 would have once Undertaker is retired.

i'm sort of torn on taker going 20-0. on one hand, yeah, it's a nice prestigious record that i'd be upset to see broken. it's awesome, it's basically what wrestlemania is based around now. but on the other hand, it seems like an awfully lofty push to waste. think about the opponent who breaks the undertaker's streak. he can ride on that accomplishment alone for so long. legend killer x100. so, i'll be happy either way. prestigious record to one of WWF/E's best workers of all time, or massive push/torch passing. either way works for me, frankly.

on topic, HBK as a guest ref has been discussed so many times, and yeah, it'd be alright, it'd add something to it, but the fact is, who knows? who even knows that trips is definitely gonna face taker next year? WM is so far away its almost impossible to speculate.

Enough with the Streak been ended it's not going to happen and it never will be broken. In fairness the only person that I would love too see facing Undertaker this properly will never happen next Year but Sting yeah I know he's like (51) now but what a way for the Undertaker too go out with a bang then to beat ( The Icon Sting)

For the HHH vs Taker match at next year's WM!! I don't want to see it at all. In my opinion the creative team is just lazy they could easly get someone different to face Taker at WM28 like Stone Cold Steve Austin or Brock Lesnar etc. Put remember a few months ago what Stone Cold said he would be up for one last match.

For Sting vs Undertaker to have been a great match, it should have happened when both were in their prime. Now, it would just be a wasted match. Sting quite frankly isn't that great in the ring anymore and Taker can barely move. This is why Taker should lose to a younger opponent who is more hungry and can be elevated to a main event level in a single night.

For the love of God, don't let him face HHH again. It's not like they have some deep, intriguing history or something. If Sting is free, he's an obvious answer. If he makes it to say, Survivor Series after, I'd love to see Taker v. Jericho or Seamus or Barrett. Those could be great matches.

I know he's green and everything, but I would say that Mason Ryan would be a great person to take the win. The guy is WWE's next big guy and you can tell right away that he's going places. How exactly that will work into him ending the streak, I don't know, but it will happen.

Out of Sheamus, Barrett, Del rio and the Miz, The Miz is the most likely to face the undertaker at next years wretlemania because WWE creative is so high on him and their pushing him to the moon, but i don't think the fans would be two keen on it. Kurt Angles contract in TNA is up in the summer and even though he said himself that he would not be going back to WWE and it is very unlikely. It would be an ideal match at wrestlemania the olympic gold medalist vs the phenom for the streak in undertakers last match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back