Alberto El Patron Says He Has "Gentleman's Agreement", Plans to Retire in Impact

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
“They first approached me about three years ago when WWE fired me for that stupid incident with that racist worker. They first approached me back then. We went back and forth to the point where I said no several times. And then they came with the right offer for everything I needed. But when they did that, I was already signed to go back to WWE. I did it. And everybody knows I left the company because I wasn’t happy. Since I left, the negotiations restarted. All I said is, ‘Ok guys, I really want to go and have fun with you but I’m at a stage of my life where I only do things that make me happy. I’m blessed that I saved my money and I did the right things and invested it well. I’m not saying I’m a multi-millionaire or anything like that, I can give me the luxury of deciding where I’m going to work. If the place that wants me is not offering me something that makes sense to me money wise and most importantly, bring joy to my life, I just don’t go. I like your workers. It’s a place I would love to go, rebuild it and make it a good and enjoyable product but you need to pay. I have been doing this my entire life. But everywhere I go, I pack the place. If you have Alberto El Patron on your show or Alberto El Presidente from Combate Americas, you know the arena is going to be packed There hasn’t been one arena I haven’t packed since I started doing indies’. Jeff Jarrett called me and said let’s do it. He said they were willing to do this for me and if that makes you happy then we would love to have you on board. We even did a gentleman’s agreement. He was like, ‘Do you want to do a contract just for a week so you can see what we are going to be doing’? I said, ‘No, let’s do it the way gentleman do it. Let’s shake hands and I’ll go work for you. I will trust you. You know me and know I always deliver and what I bring to the table. I will do those four TV tapings and after those TV tapings we will sit down. If you don’t think my work is worth what I’m asking for then you say right there and I’ll give you a big discount’. But of course after those four TV tapings, they were completely happy with me not just because of what I bring to the table but what I bring to the ring but what I bring outside the ring with fans, sponsors, helping the talent backstage to do their job better. I made them happy and they made me happy. At the moment, we are closing the final details of what is going to be my contract. Then, I will be joining TNA for good and retire in the company.”

https://411mania.com/wrestling/albe...a-gentlemans-agreement-with-impact-wrestling/

--

He's 39 now, so unless he's specifically spoken about wanting to call it a career at a specific point, I feel like we're likely looking at multiple years with Impact before he hangs up the boots and laces. Angle, for example, did his farewell tour with Impact at the age of, what, 46? 47?

El Patron, Del Rio or whatever seems to be happy now but let's wait and see how he feels if/when he's not in the main event picture or if he does something that legitimately warrants him being punished or fired.

Now it's perfectly understandable that anyone would like to be a main eventer, that goes without saying, and Del Rio is someone who certainly believes that's where he belongs. His first run in WWE, he had runs as a main eventer, won the WWE and World Heavyweight Championships twice each and I thought he was entertaining to watch in the ring. Outside of Hispanic fans, most fans didn't really warm up to Del Rio in ways that you'd want or expect from a main event guy. After about 6 months, it was obvious that the guy's work on the mic is limited as so much of his promos sounded almost exactly the same. He'd go on about destiny, call someone a perro and that was about it.

A gentleman's agreement with TNA? He'll be gone in a week. TNA could tie him down to a multi year contract and he'd be gone after a month.

I take Del Rio's word as seriously as his "destiny" in WWE to hit the big time. Always talking, never really delivering. I seriously doubt someone like Alberto Del Rio would be satisfied retiring in Impact Wrestling. I just cannot believe it. When the opportunity is there to get a bigger stage to do that on, like the WWE, I don't believe he won't take it. After all, he was fired the first time for something that wasn't his fault, and he still came back. He will likely go somewhere else.

Of course, I could end up eating my own words, but I'll believe it when I see it I guess.

Let's assume for the sake of assuming that whatever Alberto El Patron is true.

That's a very good news for IMPACT Wrestling. If it really happens then it could lead to more significance in the weekly programming. If he indeed does so, don't just keep him in the main event scene all the time. Sure, he should be in it for a while but use his talents to build a couple people of credible stars.

Alberto beating Ethan Carter III in his second match still hurts me. You don't give away your biggest star's loss this soon without any build or anything.

He will be back in WWE at some stage, because, even if he stays with Impact, WWE will own "Impact Wrestling" one day, and probably buy a bunch of contracts dirt cheap, and if ADR wants a company to work for, he can either go to WWE, or go back to Mexico.

I think Alberto should just be happy someone actually wants him in their company. He's about as interesting light gray paint.

Didn't he have some type of agreement like this with AAA or something when he had some BS going with WWE about them not letting him work or whatever, and AAA helped him out? Then not long after that well he was back with WWE.

His gentlemans agreement doesn't mean shit.

The minute Paige goes back to work he will change his tune,.. And I'm not completely sure this whole thing isn't an angle like Brian Pillman and Sullivan was.

TNA can't be all that bad to work for in comparrison to the WWE, Its still a company which is being shown all over the world, If he gets the money he is asking for plus the less dates and more creative control, Personally I find Del Rio overated, He's not that bad where I'd change the channel but don't think he's on the level he's hoping to work at in TNA.

TNA can't be all that bad to work for in comparrison to the WWE, Its still a company which is being shown all over the world, If he gets the money he is asking for plus the less dates and more creative control, Personally I find Del Rio overated, He's not that bad where I'd change the channel but don't think he's on the level he's hoping to work at in TNA.

Oh TNA has its ups and downs like any other company. Just like WWE, it has its share of disgruntled former employees who say they weren't used right, were held back, were screwed over, etc. I don't think anyone's knocking TNA so much as Del Rio's "gentleman's agreement" because the guy has really developed a reputation over the past few years as a major mark for himself who'll say whatever is convenient for himself at any given time.

I think Alberto should just be happy someone actually wants him in their company. He's about as interesting light gray paint.

I'm inclined to agree here. I know he's had his share of accomplishments and a decent fan base, but the guy has always been dull to me. Not a bad mid-card talent, but that's it. More power to him if he's truly happy, but he might've been better suited for ROH.

There was a story on the main page the other day stating that Del Rio said the WWE wanted him back. Which everyone immediately called bullshit on.

Del Rio has done nothing but bad mouth the WWE since the day he left. Now one day when Vince is long gone and HHH has lost his mind, Del Rio might be asked to return, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Let him stay and ride out his wrestling days with TNA, if he is welcomed there more power to him.

I call bullshit on this "Gentlemen's agreement". Come on, Anthem is really going to let Alberto do as he pleases? Sure, and Command Bolshoi is going to unmask herself on the internet tomorrow. Come on, Anthem has a contract with him. No way that they don't.

I've never been a fan of Del Rio, he just doesn't interest me in watching him wrestle.

The name recognition is probably good for Impact but If Del Rio is working with Impact on a 'Gentleman's Agreement' then they would be mad to have him winning the World Title compared to someone who was under contract.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back