Adam Rose Viginette

Hakushi

Kensuke "Jinsei" Shinzaki
Not saying that this guy has no talent, but there are more deserving and "Ready" call ups I'd prefer. Namely The Ascension and Corey Graves. Adam Rose has had 2 short matches since his NXT Re-debut (Formerly Leo Krueger) and all he has shown since is an unique entrance. Personally, I liked his Leo Krueger persona better. Thoughts?

I am not familiar with The Ascension or Corey Graves. I didn't see Leo Krueger. I can't compare them but I can say from what I have seen of Adam Rose has been pretty awesome. I saw him once on NXT and loved him. I don't remember the match. I remember his backstage party and his entrance and that was good enough for me. He's got personality and that's what's important. I'm sure he's good enough in the ring to get by. If he had already been on the roster for a couple months he would have been this year's Fandango for the Raw crowd last night and everyone would have been humming his song. I can't predict long term success but Adam Rose is going to be fun to watch for a while.

I have absolutely no idea what you do with a guy like Rose. I figured Dallas and Paige were due to come to the main roster, but I thought we'd see the now 35-6 Mojo Rawley (sp) before Adam Rose.

Adam Rose is a hell of a talent and has been in developmental for a decent amount of years, he is around 35 now and if WWE is going to get a return on their investment now is the time to do it. His new gimmick is something that can get over and provide a short term boost for him. The difference between him and Mojo is that Mojo is still very, very green.

I think its a good call up and a good gimmick for the main roster.

The two Adam Rose appearances so far on NXT sold me completely. My only comment was that he needed a finisher because the character and in ring shtick seemed like they immediately clicked. I'm one who has only been able to see NXT since the WWE Network started, so I never saw the Leo Kruger character, but a lot of people are saying they liked it. It tells me that Adam Leppan (his real name according to google) knows how to sell a persona since there are two memorable ones in the minors. Getting him to TV is definitely a good move then.

As for the more deserving guys in NXT I really think it's all the stuff we don't see that are holding guys like Zayn, Graves, and Neville back for the time being. Stuff like working with the writers and knowing which camera to look toward. Obviously these guys can work at a main event level today, but a whole lot goes into being on live television beyond putting on great matches and being able to talk on the mic. That, of course, is all speculation and a semi-educated guess.

The entrances he had on NXT should be even better w/ the bigger RAW stage, tron, etc.

He didn't wow me in the ring but he seems like he can hold his own and he is working the hell out of this gimmick. He might want to tone down the prancing around the ring just a bit though. I get it, its part of his thing, but in his 2nd match on NXT it was constant.

You can't use the NXT crowd as a barometer (the whole place marks out for Emma for god's sake), but I think the WWE crowd will take to Rose as much as the NXT crowd did when he first came out, because of that entrance.

I can't really say much about the guy because it's only been within the past month or so that I've been able to keep up with NXT due to the WWE Network. He hasn't been featured all that much or talked about when compared to Neville, Zayn, Dallas, The Ascension and some others.

When I saw the vignette on Raw last night, my first impression was that Adam Rose struck me as a combination of Fandango and Russell Brand. He dresses very flamboyantly, all sorts of flashing lights like Fandango, looks like he live some hedonistic life, dresses strange like both guys do and there's the whole accent bit that puts me in mind of Brand. I already like him much more than Brand, who I think is an overrated talentless hack, but that's neither here nor there.

Based on those first impressions, I'm not expecting all that much out of Rose. He's spent most of his career wrestling in South Africa, he's not someone that has any sort of buzz or rep from the indy scene, he's been in WWE developmental since 2010, he turns 35 years old in late July and he doesn't strike me as someone that'll be taken seriously in the long run. I think he'll be a momentary and likeable curiosity like Zack Ryder and Brodus Clay.

As for the more deserving guys in NXT I really think it's all the stuff we don't see that are holding guys like Zayn, Graves, and Neville back for the time being. Stuff like working with the writers and knowing which camera to look toward. Obviously these guys can work at a main event level today, but a whole lot goes into being on live television beyond putting on great matches and being able to talk on the mic. That, of course, is all speculation and a semi-educated guess.

THIS x329084324029!!!

I for one love the Adam Rose gimmick as I'm a fan of both the character Aldous Snow from Get him to the Greek which is what Rose is based off of, and of Russell Brand, the actor/comedian who plays Aldous Snow. He is so incredibly over. I also feel like the Leo Kruger deranged safari hunter, hunting down the deadliest game of all: wwe superstars was an excellent gimmick too. If the Krueger gimmick had gotten a call up that would of been fine, as he's been doing it a while.

As for the Adam Rose gimmick, it hasn't been around very long, but it is insanely over.

Based solely on the Rose gimmick and not his past as Kruger, I do think wrestlers like Cory Graves, Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville deserve call ups before the Rose gimmick.

Nonetheless, I'm happy to see this gimmick come to fruition on the main roster and am looking forward to many laughs.

He needs a better finisher than a running lariat though which is my only qualm about the Rose character. Too many vanilla finishers in WWE these days.

If not for his neck injury a few years ago he may have been up sooner as Leo Kruger, which I felt was his best gimmick and one that could be taken a bit more seriously. He is an excellent wrestler which makes me wonder why they would put him in a comedy-esque gimmick where those skills will be grossly overshadowed with fodder. Pushing 35 they simply brought him up too late so instead of making him a serious contender they went with this and should get something out of it, albeit short lived. Hate to break the news to everyone but Graves, Zayn and Neville all need more time. Graves needs to improve in-ring work and Zayn/Neville need work on the stick and a tad more adapting to the WWE style of working. They can be excellent in the near future but need more time. I'm excited to see Rose come up but realistically it could be 3-4 months before it happens (think Fandango and Brodus Clay debuts).

There may be "more deserving" guys on the NXT roster, but there are simply a lot of options for using Adam Rose and the reaction has been great for that character. Heel or face, it just has a lot of flash and pizazz. Reminds me a lot of Russell Brand's character from Forgetting Sarah Marshall/Get Him To The Greek. Will ge be just another comedy jobber? Maybe, but at least it's a fresh gimmick and his ring entrance alone will get a lot of attention from the fans.

Of course we all want to see guys like Zayn and Neville get called up, but those are two guys the company probably wants to bring in with a proper push. It's almost a no-brainer that Zayn will get called up after the Cesaro/Swagger program is finished. With people watching NXT more because of the network, fans are probably familiar with the Cesaro/Zayn matches and after Swagger, WWE probably wants to bring someone the fans can get behind to cement Cesaro as a heel Heyman Guy. That was what happened on Raw with Paige and AJ. I was in the arena and I must stress: for someone coming off NXT without vignettes leading up to the debut, the reaction was huge. It wasn't just the Euro fans, trust me. Paige got a HUGE pop as soon as her entrance video and music hit.

As for Neville, he's NXT champ right now. They'll probably let him have a decent reign while they prepare a proper entry scenario for him on the main roster (Neville/Rollins would be a good choice IMO but only when the time is right.)

I think this is a good point. Being called up isn't just about being read to be in front of the crowd, they have to be ready to be on live TV.

Another thing that I think goes into it is how complete the character is. A guy might look like he's ready, but there could be aspects of his character they want to add or change, and it's easier to do that in NXT than WWE.

As for Adam Rose, he's quite experienced so he probably has all the little nuances of being on TV down. And his character seemed to be perfect from the second his music hit for the first time. Plus, like Jack-Hammer said, a gimmick like that probably doesn't have a lot of staying power...and if you have a relatively limited period of usefulness for something, might as well get as much as you can out of him in the big leagues.

You can't use the NXT crowd as a barometer (the whole place marks out for Emma for god's sake).

It's because Emma is awesome. I think the NXT crowd has been a real good judge this far. The problem lies that when these people get called up and show up on raw, they are completly mishandled. And that's the problem. Hopefully this does not happen with Adam Rose either...

I remember hearing the "World Goes Wild" theme for the first time on NXT and going crazy because it was so catchy and fun. Then the next week he came out to some cheap imitation that straight sucks. What happened to Adam Rose's "World Goes Wild" theme song? Your thoughts...

I love Adam Rose and the Exotic Express, it's a fun character and that is what wrestling needs more of, characters. You can't say Adam Rose isn't popular, everytime he has something to do on NXT and even the vignettes on Raw he always becomes one of the most trending on twitter.

The crowd really gets into him because you don't have to be the best in-ring worker to be popular. I am glad he is getting a shot just because he has worked hard for the WWE for five years...changing to Adam Rose is probably the last chance he was ever going to get might as well give him a chance.

I remember hearing the "World Goes Wild" theme for the first time on NXT and going crazy because it was so catchy and fun. Then the next week he came out to some cheap imitation that straight sucks. What happened to Adam Rose's "World Goes Wild" theme song? Your thoughts...

The band let WWE use the theme song thinking it wouldn't become as popular is it did. WWE didn't have the rights to the song, the band stopped letting them use it.

If people on these forums had their own way all of the top NXT talent would be bought up at the same time. That's leave NXT short and some of their top talent floundering on the main stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back