a smarks world

LCShazardous

Occasional Pre-Show
i was thinking about last night being that i am an insomniac but nonetheless thinking about this rather interesting idea. what if in some way (i could'nt think of a possibility) but in some way all of WWE management mysteriously disappeared and the people to take there place were the smarks on the wrestezone forums. how would the smarks change the WWE? what would happen to stars like john cena and HHH and those big name guys. how would the rest of the WWE universe respond to all the sudden changes in the product?

my questions are as follow:

-what would u personally do with the WWE

-include what would happen to the main eventers and such

-what would u do with ECW snd superstars

-how do u think the mark population would react to this?

your thoughts gentlemen...

i was thinking about last night being that i am an insomniac but nonetheless thinking about this rather interesting idea. what if in some way (i could'nt think of a possibility) but in some way all of WWE management mysteriously disappeared and the people to take there place were the smarks on the wrestezone forums. how would the smarks change the WWE? what would happen to stars like john cena and HHH and those big name guys. how would the rest of the WWE universe respond to all the sudden changes in the product?

Well. If you mean the population on this forum that don't understand basic Heel/Face psychology...WWE would collapse. And collapse hard. Oh, and the WWE would lose their biggest star in John Cena. Which would only hasten the fall.

Fire Benjamin if he doesn't get the job done in ECW. Oh, and Guerrero is either rendered to a backstage ring-manager or he's out-right fired. There's a reason why he can't get a reaction unless he's Vickie's lapdog.

Everything's kept on course like it's going right now. Smackdown is currently undergoing the shuffle, Raw is in the process of making talent that they CAN shuffle up.

-what would u do with ECW snd superstars

I'd keep ECW as it is. The talent farm of the WWE, where they test out new talent with established veterans that can show them the ropes or give existing shitty talent one last chance to prove themselves.

As far as Superstars, I might toy with the idea of making the tag titles only defended on there. Or another title that is a bit more important. I dunno though. I'd probably just keep it like it is.

They'd lose Benjamin and Guerrero, two people they couldn't give two shits about. Everything else they wouldn't notice a difference, and keep giving me millions.

what if in some way all of WWE management mysteriously disappeared and the people to take there place were the smarks on the wrestezone forums.
God help us.
how would the smarks change the WWE?
FIRE JOHN CENA! GIVE SHELTON BENJAMIN THE WWE TITLE! FIRE HHH! MAKE WWE TV RAUNCHY AND MORE LIKE JERRY SPRINGER (AKA bring back the attitude era)! MAKE ECW JUST LIKE IT WAS IN 1997 (the stockholders would love that)! {all this was sarcasm}

how would the rest of the WWE universe respond to all the sudden changes in the product?
by changing the channel, if they did what I just said.

ok, in all seriousness now...

my questions are as follow:

I would only make very minor changes, and not too many of them, because what is going on now is pretty good (save for the RAW main event)

I would "trade" Undertaker for John Cena. RAW needs new main eventers, and Taker has been on SD since 2002; while Cena has been on Raw since 2005, and can use the fresh start. This would freshen up the main event, and give SD a #1 face.

I may also want Taker to come back as the Biker, for 2 reasons. 1, his entrance as the deadman takes about 30 minutes (I can go to the supermarket, come home, put food away, and he is still walking to the ring) and on live TV you can't have him take that much time. My second reason (better then the first) is that I want to put him in the Hall of Fame, and give him a similar sendoff as Ric Flair. Well, you can't have him do that as the deadman, because it wouldn't make much sense for a "deadman" to stand at a podium talking openly about the behind-the-scenes stuff they talk about at the HOF. Not to mention the fact that he was pretty badass when he came out on the bike to the Limp Bizkit song or the Kid Rock song.

-what would u do with ECW and superstars
ECW is perfect the way it is, the only problem being the crappy looking belt. The show is ironically similar to what ECW was at it's best (a launching pad for wrestlers to get popular before they move to the big-time). Superstars is actually pretty good, but I would make sure 1 of the matches every week is a "main eventer" match. Superstars has done a good job so far, giving mid-carders more TV-time, however, nobody wants to watch a main event consisting of 2 mid-carders.

the same way they react now. They would bitch about Cena still wrestling, because they think he only does 5 wrestling moves (hogan did the same thing, so did Austin). They bitch about HHH, because they think all he did to become a main eventer was bang the bosses daughter (he was a main eventer years before he went out with Stephanie). They will complain that Shelton Benjamin isn't getting the push he deserves (they tried to, and he failed; many, many times). If they change the channel, too damn bad, the ratings won't change one bit, because the internet fans are such a vocal minority.

your thoughts gentlemen...
Who's a gentleman? I ain't no gentleman. {sarcasm, yet again}

Alright what would I personally do with the WWE?
I want the WWE to go back to having some unpredictability, like the old days of wrestling, having new talent miraculously win over established superstars (for example when Rocky Maivia beat Hunter for the IC title). I mean the WWE in the beginning of the 2000's seemed better because they were giving mid-card talent main event shots. I remember when Jeff Hardy almost beat the Undertaker in that ladder match and even just the way JR was calling the match trying to will Jeff to grab the title it made me feel like I was watching a pay per view and that is what the WWE is missing right now in its TV product.

The main eventers wouldn't necessarily go up or down if you look at Jericho he keeps holding mid-card titles but maintains his status as a main eventer, and that is how it should be with all talent, I mean hell even Macho Man, Ric Flair, The Rock, Undertaker and Stone Cold held the mid-card titles while being main event players. But this does mean were not going to see the same main event with the up and down of the mid-carders too.

As for ECW I don't mind the talent initiative thing its a great concept, but they are doing it wrong, I mean you can't just give lego head Lincoln Jackson a talk show like he's been a main event player for years, I mean Brother Love didn't do this on a whim one day and just decide hey were giving me a red curtained stage and your going to talk to wrestlers.
Edge, Jericho, Christian, MVP, Carlito (man too many talk shows ran through WWE) all were established in WWE a year or longer before they did this whole talk show gimmick.

Also trying to have new talent feud with talent who is just getting their gimmick established (Tyler Rex and Zach Ryder) is a bad idea because you either kill a gimmick thats getting started or you squash the new talent, maybe if they escape with a win or something I can see it being a good focal point for new talent, but just getting handed to them well sucks.

Marks will probably either call it a bad business move to let new guys go over the vetrans, or they will say it is bad to let mid-card wrestlers main event, but hey think about it HBK, Savage, Nash, Cena, Rock, Austin, Bret, Cena, Triple H, Edge, Jeff Hardy, Jericho and most recently CM Punk all started as mid-card wrestlers who ended up on top. (Only Hogan, Taker, Big Show were wrestlers who got pushed like giants when they entered a promotion "i.e. Taker won the title a year after his debut, The Giant main evented in WCW right away, and Hogan won the title his first night back in WWF owned by vince jr.")

I would make it so fans would feel the need to watch each show by having a revolving cast on each show, and a continuing storyline. Back in the day I'd feel like i couldnt wait til smack down came on because raw left you wondering what would happen next in a few stories. After Smackdown I couldn't wait to see the next raw. That needs to happen again.

I'm not dropping tv shows if I have air time I'm going to use it. Out of respect for ECW that show would be renamed. Superstars may also see a name change as it just seems a little to 80's to me but maybe its just the graphic design, to cheery looking. I would end the separate brands thing. no one is exclusive to one show. One guy can be on Raw Smackdown and superstars one week and just ecw and superstars the next and all 4 the week after that. the fans wont know when there favorites will or wont be on so they will tune in hoping to see him or her. I'd axe a lot of belts Make a new tag team belt and have it be just the one belt for the division. Ditch the diva belt all together. Big Gold Belt is gone and the WWE belt will get a whole new look as much as I like some of the designs from the past you just can't bring those things back from the dead so the design would be new not character specific and will look like any champion should be wearing it in any time period rather than a belt that says This is Cena's belt and this is to fit in with the rap thing going on in pop culture.

Cena will go heal, seems the only way to make it seem like there is a personality inside of him. He can stay as a main event or close to main event guy but if hes ever getting the belt he's going to have to lose for a while, like jeff hardy does, before he gets it...which as a heel he'd have to cheat to get it. I'd personally love to fire the guy or burry him but if I have a stake in the profit I'm not going to chuck him to my competition and alienate his fans THAT much. If my moving him down to midcard gets a positive reaction then he stays there if not Ill let him stay roughly where he is.

HHH goes back to being the heel that he wants to be, the heel that he really is anyway, and the Heel most of us know him to be anyway.

HBK test him as a heel, have him turn on HHH and if it fails then whatever HHH can do his
turn sooner than later if HBK works as a heel great I'll turn HHH heel shortly after. If HBK cant work as a heel he can stay pretty much the way he is now.

Kane gets burned and puts on a newer demonic mask and will be a face everyone who wanted his ass to get a fair title run will see it happen.

Undertaker I want ministry taker back but Im not convinced that it could really work again I'd look for scripts to see if theres a good way to do it if not I'd leave him alone or ask him what he'd like to do but hasn't done yet.

Batista: this guy is fucking Fired useless old piece of shit. pile enough injuries and eventually the health insurance costs more than he's worth. even if not I dont need that obvious of a walking advert for steroids.

I'd have a serious talk with sting, kurt angle, Abyss, Mick Foley, Austin, Rock, and Sean Waltman, the dudley's, New age outlaws, Styles, Daniels, a few other TNA guys. sure I'd be lucky to even get one of those guys but I'd make sure to use them properly.

jericho will reprise his role as the comedy sorta tweener/face guy and his ass is main eventing more.

Lots of work would be done to make sure the cruiserweight division is rebuilt and looks good mysterio and boorne can lead the way there.

Oh Miz is soo fired.

Tag Division same thing as cruiserweight only with different people.

the mark crowd wouldn't know what hit them and thats the way I like it. Right now I don't know how there not bored out of there minds. shit moves way too slow and repeats itself way too much and doesn't make you care about more than 1/10th of the people on the show. I want to get the fans to care about everyone on the show. The fans are being put to bed the moves I would make would pull the carpet out from under them. thats the sort of thing that gets business going, unexpected change. They hint at everything there doing so much its like watching My Bloody Valentine 3D at the end of the show if some surprise were to happen you'd have to feel stupid to not see it coming.

You know I was going to do a comedy response to this- sorta what the marks/smarks here are always calling for. But then I read the post of KillCenaNow- quite an appropriate name considering his views and it had most of what I was going to say removing any chance for me to practice my droll and sarcastic phrasing : (

From what I could see it involved turning all the major current faces, Cena, HHH, HBK and the Undertaker heel. Kane goes back to wearing a mask. Jericho on the other hand (who I thought was the smarks/marks favourite heel) would return to his comedy face (He never smiles anymore, I wonder if he still has a comedy face? : ) ), to presumably stand alone against all the heels. The Miz and Batista would be fired, and he would attempt to steal most of the TNA talent or stars from the attitude era, most of which are certainly passed their prime, even if they can still wrestle. Lots of belts would go, and personally my favourite suggestion of all- stars would randomly jump from show to show, to help confuse the audience.

Sorry if I come across as little miss superior, but I just thought this was the perfect encapsulation of what the original author was asking for, all in one post. All it needed was HHH and Cena jobbing to the local popcorn sellers and it would be perfect ;)

Anyways, to the main question, and my own serious views on what I would change. Now I know I am not really a mark, I don’t really know enough to be considered one, but I do have some markish qualities about me. My first would probably be to do one of the things I was ribbing the above author about, turn the Champ heel. I know, I am sorry, this topic has been done to death, and I am well aware of the myriad of reasons why he should stay face…. I would just like to see him do it again, I like to see some change in wrestling. Continuing this thought I would probably also switch Orton with Punk, to bring a little change to the main event. The main event promo length would suffer a bit too, as I would want to give a little more time to the midcard –(not planning on going overboard here, just more chance to let them have their say)

Finally one thing I would seek to copy from the attitude era –(the mark/smark/fan’s favourite ideas area) would be the introduction of midcard stables, sorta NOD and the original DX style of thing, to help these guys make more use of their limited promo time and to maybe cause a bit of a threat to the top tier of guys. We all know that Cena and HHH, Orton can beat any midcarder, but a whole stable could give out a beatdown or two.

That’s some ideas I would have. In fairness though, if the entire writing staff was to go and have me put in their place, I would let the power go straight to my head, and all the shows would include at least 1 hour of a segment dedicated entirely to me. Probably wouldn’t even have anything to do with wrestling even :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back