A Pro Wrestler Who Could've Made It In The Octagon

To add to Hodge you have [just going to run down eras] George Hack, Frank Gotch, Joe Stecher, Strangler Lewis, Earl Caddock, the Zbyszko brothers, John Pesek, Henri Deglane, Jim Browning, Lou Thesz, Karl Gotch, Billy Robinson, Verne Gagne, Dick Hutton, Jack Brisco, Harley Race, Antonio Inoki, Bob Backlund, countless old era Japanese like Seiji Sakaguchi and Masahiko Kimura that I can't be bothered to name, new age Japanese like Akira Maeda and Kazushi Sakuraba, Dr. Death Steve Williams, Bad News Brown, Vader, Kurt Angle, Bobby Lashley, Jack Swagger, and Meng if No Holds Barred. Amongst several others I'm sure...

To add to Hodge you have [just going to run down eras] George Hack, Frank Gotch, Joe Stecher, Strangler Lewis, Earl Caddock, the Zbyszko brothers, John Pesek, Henri Deglane, Jim Browning, Lou Thesz, Karl Gotch, Billy Robinson, Verne Gagne, Dick Hutton, Jack Brisco, Harley Race, Antonio Inoki, Bob Backlund, countless old era Japanese like Seiji Sakaguchi and Masahiko Kimura that I can't be bothered to name, new age Japanese like Akira Maeda and Kazushi Sakuraba, Dr. Death Steve Williams, Bad News Brown, Vader, Kurt Angle, Bobby Lashley, Jack Swagger, and Meng if No Holds Barred. Amongst several others I'm sure...

No pick one. Pick the best Ech. Out o all these legit shooters of a bygone era, the Japs and the grapplers of today, pick one!

A lot of wrestlers from the 80's and before, those guys were no joke.. No superstars today would make it in the Octagon, unless your name is Brock Lesnar. Kurt Angle might of done well 15 year's ago.

Jack Swagger. He's got the wrestling pedigree and would have a pretty killer reach advantage on just about every heavyweight out there. He's young enough that he could probably still do it.

Tito-on-TNA-2-268x200.png

Lou Thesz. He deserved a beating.

He said WHC boxer Primo Carnero was a pussy. Not to his face but in his book.

Nikki Bella should have been a UFC ring girl. Does that count?

Seriously? If we are going with now: Cesaro. Overall: Benoit, Angle, Finlay, Regal.

Benoit & his little T-Rex arms would do just fine. Go ahead and throw one of those lanky arms or legs at him & see how quick he locks on a submission. He would tap people out more than you give him credit for.

A lot of wrestlers from the 80's and before, those guys were no joke.. No superstars today would make it in the Octagon, unless your name is Brock Lesnar. Kurt Angle might of done well 15 year's ago.

Why would none of these guys make it? Do you know them? Do you train with them? Have you lorded over every thing every on of these guys has done? No.

The conditioning of these guys is of the hook and I imagine that they will have dabbled in little bits of MMA training before. Then you have the guys who were college wrestlers and so forth. I’m of the opinion that when your an athletic type of person you can excel at most physical sports given the right amount of training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back