A Major Disappointment

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
The 2001 New York Yankees.

I don't necessarily mean the team, they had a great team, and went to game 7 of the World Series. On the way, they also defeated probably one of the best regular seson's teams ever in MLB, the Seattle Mariners (argue their place in history in the Sports Tournament coming in the future) who has won 116 games. Everyone was excited for this Yankee team, for one major reason. 2001 was the year of the World Trade Center attacks in New York City.

After the event postponed baseball for a few days, and the Yankees terrific run, everyone wanted to see the Yankees win, even my mom, who doesn't watch baseball, and loathes its existence, especially when I lived at home, and it was on the television screen. She knew, and I knew the importance of the World Series victory for the New York Yankees.

But the Arizona Diamondback were too much for the Bronx Bombers, as they took the win over Mariano Riveria.

[youtube]7v43RLvxJ4Y[/youtube]

So do you guys wish the Yankees had won the World Series, to cap off a comeback for the city of New York?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back