A Formula For TNA to Compete With WWE

ProWrestlingFan

Championship Contender
1.) Increase the Production Value : TNA sets look cheap and it detracts viewers as they think its very cheap. Make a more innovative set like they had before that had tunnel or make something different.

2.) Stop with the repetitive pre-recorded promos they show in between Impact!. They are really boring and kind of look cheap.

3.) Take shots at WWE : As TNA is doing nothing when they aren't taking shots maybe they should go the WCW way and take some shots at WWE. It will be better than nothing. Maybe cut some shoot promos to create buzz.

TNA needs to make their product gritty and authentic like WCW was.

Here we go again. First, the money well isn't all that deep from what I've read recently. The production thing keeps getting brought up. As for taking shots at WWE, you're a little late. Quite a few of former WWE talent has taken shots at WWE once they arrive in TNA, like the Dudleys/Team 3D. Also, remember not too long ago they were advertising the change to Impact wrestling with various billboards, including one right down the street from WWE headquarters?

seems to me they have taken an approach to start to compete. everybody loves the indys and roh. seems theyre bringing in some talent there instead of using ex-wwe stars. tell me, if tna signed colt cabana that wouldnt bring in a little rating after cm punk promoed the hell out of him? i havent seem how the new star program is working, but if done right, could bring up a little ratings.

they have taken shots at WWE in the past and it did absolutely nothing...

they, need to improve creative, talent development

Do you honestly think taking shots and different promos will help compete with WWE?

There's thousands of better ideas on how they can compete, but TNA needs to establish themselves first before doing that. They need to become original and maybe tour instead of having 80% of shows in Orlando. This topic is way to repetitive now.

I think the production values are perfectly fine

2.) Stop with the repetitive pre-recorded promos they show in between Impact!. They are really boring and kind of look cheap.

3.) Take shots at WWE : As TNA is doing nothing when they aren't taking shots maybe they should go the WCW way and take some shots at WWE. It will be better than nothing. Maybe cut some shoot promos to create buzz.

TNA needs to make their product gritty and authentic like WCW was.

What promos are you talking about exactly? Promos are needed to advance storylines!

As for taking shots, I'd love it if they did it more, that's part of what made the Monday Night Wars so entertaining (for me).

But it seems like most fans don't approve of it these days. I've seen TNA being criticised a lot for taking shots, saying it's immature and that they should stop acknowledging the competition if they wanna be taken seriously.

TNA is cool in its own way mainly because of the strong X division and Tag Team matches besides that it really isnt to strong. Personally I think WWE needs to bring back a Cruiserweight Division whether its shown on SD! or NXT I don’t care but there needs to be one so that the smaller stars are put on a main event level like the X division is as well as bring in some more credible tag teams cause the ones WWE is currently throwing together aren’t all that great. IMO

I have to disagree with the original poster in this thread. I am someone who has been a loyal wwe fan since the early 90s

the set isnt what is keeping impact back.

the camera angles on the pre recorded promos need to go, that is a fix that is needed.

impact has good in ring wrestling, lots of guys on ther are late to early 40s and got their name in the wwe. they need to push more of their own guys, have guys that went from mid carder to main event while with impact wretling, so they have some guys that they built, not guys when we watch we look at and we see them as guys the wwe didnt want cuz of injuries or drug issues.

also, impact wrestling needs to allow their fans to know the wrestlers more, what they stand for who they are, build a unique personality or gimmick for each wrestler do their not all the same.

another idea is too go after a niche, havining stronger gimmicks, and personalties is something the wwe was good at in the past and going back to it, but what do fans like that the wwe doesnt have right now? cruiserweight division and hardcore division, make it so if people want to see that they will turn on impact.

These suggestions had a little meat on the bone a little over 2 years ago but now...well there's just nothing here.

As far as production values go, TNA has gotten better here but they simply don't have the money to be on the same level as WWE in this area.

As far as the pre-recorded stuff, it's moot. Nobody is tuning in or tuning out because of this. It's a non issue.

As for taking shots at WWE, it was a little edgy back when Hogan first showed up, as it looked like TNA was going to be growing much bigger. Now, whenever it happens, it comes off as extremely juvenile and makes TNA look desperate. It's not going to increase ratings, it's not going ot increase ppv buyrates and it's not going to increase the crowds at house shows. Why? Because they went down this road before and nothing came of it.

Now, maybe these things would make it better for YOU personally but, all in all, none of this shit means anything the way things are right now.

Wow. You're a regular businessman. Where'd you get your degree? Microsoft Paint?

The sets look cheap because... It is cheap. Well's they've got big screens, which is much more than what any other U.S. company not named WWE can have so why the hell waste money on needless things, businessman?

And what good would "taking shots at WWE" do? Because unless you actually mean shoot people, as in with a gun, I don't think much result will come of it.

And being like WCW is stupid. Why? BECAUSE IT'S DEAD!

There is no way in hell TNA will EVER compete with WWE unless they hire John Cena, Undertaker, Randy Orton, and 1/2 the roster. Thats like comparing the Yankees to the Royals (Roode is Eric Hosmer)

maybe they should go the WCW way

Too late, lmao.

TNA can't do anything to compete with the WWE unles the got rid of Hogan/Bischoff(or at least took them off TV) and started actually focusing on younger talent.

Roode being champ is great but i'm afraid it hasn't helped much because of the shadows Hogan, Flair and Bischoff cast on that company. TNA is doomed in my opinion, ever since they brought in Hogan it's slowly gone from "Good" to mediocre and i believe its on its way to complete cancellation.

But for the sake of the thread I'll post some reasonable responses.

First off they need to bring back the tunnels. Those tunnels were brilliant. Secondly they need to bring back the six sided ring because that is what made TNA so interesting and really set it apart from the WWE for a quite a long while.

Lastly I think they need to get rid of Kurt Angle and make AJ Styles more prominent once again. AJ can save the X Division and everyone knows it, all they gotta do is play it right and TNA could go back to how they were pre-hogan. Oh and for Angle, I just think hes done. I don't see what they could do with him anymore. He's lost quite a few steps in the ring and all the times I've seen his TNA matches in the past year hes been botchy as hell. Time to retire, Kurt.

Too late, lmao.

TNA can't do anything to compete with the WWE unles the got rid of Hogan/Bischoff(or at least took them off TV) and started actually focusing on younger talent.

Roode being champ is great but i'm afraid it hasn't helped much because of the shadows Hogan, Flair and Bischoff cast on that company. TNA is doomed in my opinion, ever since they brought in Hogan it's slowly gone from "Good" to mediocre and i believe its on its way to complete cancellation.
Must be why ratings stay the same and general revenue stays the same. :rolleyes:

First off they need to bring back the tunnels. Those tunnels were brilliant. Secondly they need to bring back the six sided ring because that is what made TNA so interesting and really set it apart from the WWE for a quite a long while.
Right. Because when I flip on Raw or CMLL, I do it because of the colorful lightshow the put on or the bright screens. Great formula for TNA to follow. A 6 sided ring and a pretty tunnel will surely boost ratings.

Lastly I think they need to get rid of Kurt Angle and make AJ Styles more prominent once again. AJ can save the X Division and everyone knows it, all they gotta do is play it right and TNA could go back to how they were pre-hogan. Oh and for Angle, I just think hes done. I don't see what they could do with him anymore. He's lost quite a few steps in the ring and all the times I've seen his TNA matches in the past year hes been botchy as hell. Time to retire, Kurt.
Yeah, let's take one of the best wrestlers of the last 15 years and make him retire. Why? That will bring in ratings. We don't know how, but it will surely do. And just to boost them more, lets put the most decorated athlete in the company's ten year history and slap him in with a bunch of total nobodies no one cares about. That will make us legit.

You clearly deserve a cookie.

There is no way in hell TNA will EVER compete with WWE unless they hire John Cena, Undertaker, Randy Orton, and 1/2 the roster. Thats like comparing the Yankees to the Royals

As a Royals fan I am completely offended by this statement. Never compare the Royals to TNA cause I am pretty sure Eric Hosmer, Mike Moustakas, Billy Butler, Alex Gordon, Lorenzo Cain, Alcides Escobar, Yuniesky Betancourt, Jeff Francouer, Bryan Pena, Humberto Quintero, Tim Collins, Aaron Crow, Luke Hochevar, Jonathan Broxton, Kelvin Herrera etc... (all I could think of off the top of my head) could take on anyone in the TNA locker room.

LOL.

In fact, I'd pay big money to see the Royals 25 man roster take on TNA's 25 man roster.

On to the topic at hand...

These ideas may sound great to you, but like everyone has said, they ALL have been addressed in the past and absolutely nothing came from it.

What TNA needs to succeed is nothing! If we all tune in and watch, it will succeed! Buy the ppv, buy a t-shirt and watch! there is noting wrong with TNA that wasnt wrong with WWF in the 94-98 years, and the 98-00 years of WCW (dates pulled from ass by the way). It was decent, but nobody was watching! The show isnt any cheaper than WWF was for years!

The wrestling is good, and really, camera angles? Thats why millions of people arent tuning in? The problem is they cant establish loyal fans... The sets/angles have nothing to do with that! The fact that its on an awkward night is part of the problem! But if people tune in (myself included, though i have no TV) then TNA has a much of a change to improve as everyone else! People arent going to pay attention to a different style of camera angle because nobody is going to notice outside of the million guys that watch, everyone else, its gna slide over! Better CAMERAS might help, and sound quality, but most are just not tuning in and thats the only problem! And then on the otherside theres more people bashing the show then there are watching it! Its a big turn off! If anything needs to change, its me and you!... And you too!

What TNA needs to succeed is to get rid of Hogan and anyone close with him. Scott Stiener is right Hogan is garbage!!!! TNA needs a person with a mind for Pro wrestling. Paul Heyman could be a good fit if he actually wanted to get back into pro wrestling. He has fresh idea's and is capable of coming up with intereting storylines that actually make you wanna watch the show. Whoever is coming up with TNA's storylines right now needs some serious help.

What TNA needs to succeed is to get rid of Hogan and anyone close with him. Scott Stiener is right Hogan is garbage!!!! TNA needs a person with a mind for Pro wrestling. Paul Heyman could be a good fit if he actually wanted to get back into pro wrestling. He has fresh idea's and is capable of coming up with intereting storylines that actually make you wanna watch the show. Whoever is coming up with TNA's storylines right now needs some serious help.

Oh, and you would be boatloads of help, wouldn't you? How stupid are the people who think getting rid of Hulk Hogan is gonna make TNA better? Yeah, let's get rid of one of the men who helped revolutionize pro wrestling and to this day still draws a crowd reaction. That will clearly make the product so much better. Seriously, what would change other than Hulk Hogan not being there? Time for some unimportant X Division match? That'll boost ratings. Hulk Hogan? Or Zema Ion? Hulk Hogan? Or Anthony Neese?

As for the storylines, there a fuck-ton better than having some elaborate conspiracy theory. Whoever's stupid enough to think they are not better than last year, 2007 or before Spike TV should slap themselves.

obviously haven't watched the product in the last few years. They had there chance to take a huge chunk of the viewership and they blew it. WWE is now in a new era and they have stepped up there game so bye bye TNA go compete with ROH which btw is better "wrestling" or just scrap Impact altogether and stick with RGK i actually like that show lol which is odd since it's primarly and Indian TNA.

Agree on the production values, but that will seemingly never change

* Competing against the WWE, they are about 60yrs behind the curve.
and to those that will say well WCW did it, WCW already had as much solid history and a large fanbase comparitive with WWF did, just cause they only changed there name to WCW in the last 6 or so yrs is irrelevant.

TNA has what? WCW/WWF leftovers that aren't relevant anymore (for the most part or have bad publicity) and Indy guys most hadn't heard of. Sure they were linked to NWA to start with but that means nothing in the scheme of things.

Taking shots at WWE what do you think they were been doing when the likes of Mick Foley, Christian, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle all made there debuts they did nothing but bad mouth WWE which achieves nothing, people already have there opinion of Vince and WWE.

VKM took heavy shots at WWE and DX as did alot of the roster and crew

Hogan and Bischoff came in with the apparent intent of taking over Monday Nights totally shooting against WWE in names and how did that work out for them? lasted 1 month.

can i mention WCW took shots at WWF and look what happened there, they were dominating til they took constant shots at WWF and then people turned over to see what they were making fun of and WCW's fanbase went out the window

How many times does it need to fail to sink in, They Don't Need To Dominate, They Need TO Worry About Becoming Reliable and Watchable On A Regular Basis. Do That, and word of mouth will get around, people will tune in every week and pay for PPV's, then they are "competing" without even trying.

I have tried to watch TNA because I would like to see some of the TNA stars wrestle. The product that surrounds the actual in ring action is awful, and the storylines they were trying to sell me on were unbearable. The in ring action is great, but it seems to be shot at an odd angle which makes it hard to watch for me. The wrestling in TNA is A plus but the impact program as a whole is utter garbage. Bischoff and Hogan are the equivalent of a dumpster fire. Fuck TNA and all of its management. It is always going to be a “what could be” program.

There is no way TNA can compete with WWE.

They have tried everything to get WWE's attention. From the VKM storyline, to taking constant pot-shots at "the company up north," to the the Impact Wrestling rebranding. They went to Mondays, got demolished in the ratings, then went back to Thursdays. Even with guys like Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, RVD and Ric Flair, their highest ratings they've hhad with those 5 guys is a 1.4, the first week of January 2010. Now, Bobby Roode is TNA Champion, and the last two weeks they've had ratings under a 1.0. I don't know what TNA can do to make people want to watch their product, much less somehow become competition to the wrestling juggernaut known as the WWE.

It's a pipe dream, something that TNA and their fans hope will happen, but it won't. TNA has no threat on WWE, none at all. It's like the NFL being threatened by the CFL, or a small 99 cents store trying to compete with big markets like Walmart or Best buy. They put billboards in front of Titan Towers in Stanford just to try and get Vince McMahon to notice them.

I honestly don't know what TNA could do to become competition to the WWE. The reason is because everything, from Voodoo Kin Mafia, to the move to Mondays, to the ECW reunion show, to the Impact Wrestling rebranding bullshit hasn't done anything. It's just TNA trying to poke the dragon only to get noticed. And what happened when you poke a dragon? You get burned.

WWE is the biggest wrestling company in the world. 16,000 people show up to RAW every week, a TNA pay per view can barely fill up 2000 people in a 10,000 seat arena. It's a loss cause, a pipe dream to think that TNA stands a chance to be competition to the WWE. Either TNA will soon realize this, and go back to being the alternative like they were before Hogan and Bischoff came over, or they will continue to try and become competition to a company that will squash them like a bug and end up like ECW and WCW, in Vince McMahon's video library.

What does TNA need. The Heyman approach. Hell they don't even need Heyman, this is what makes Bitchoff a dumbass. He stole his talent, stole his concepts but not once did Eric use his philosophy which is. Accentuate the positives hide the negatives.

TNA has what Heyman wanted, a cooperative network and a bigger budget. Can TNA have a 100k pyro budget no, why go there but with the money they have use that for advertisement. TNA may be seen nationally but the have to get a territorial philosophy as well an that means leaving the Impact Zone. Now wait I'm not talking about going all over the place every week but look what ECW did they would stay in Philly for a month tape shows go to places near Philly tape shows and be back home in Philly in days. TNA could advertise and book tapings in Tampa, Jacksonville,Miami, Atlanta. I'm sure they could find venues the size or a little bit above Impact Zone no big arenas and stay near home your warm market, have that territorial feel to it but with a bigger budget grow your company that already has national tv exposure. WTF you can go to England but you can't go to Tampa for Impact it's right next door to Orlando. Once people see you moving they're going to want your product their will be a demand. That's how Vince started to expand he just didn't start going from city to city out of the northeast for no reason there was demand for his product that was seen nationally.

Where is TNA's Terry Funk. The old vet who's sole purpose is to teach and put over the younger generation without being in the spotlite. Hogan & Flair nah!

Don't over spend for veterans with part time service. With TNA's schedule there is no reason why any 20 year veteran should be making 6 figures none. How can you justify a 6 figure contract when you don't put in the days. That will trim the fat and put more money in other ventures like developmental,advertisement, merchandising etc. That goes for Bitchoff and Hogan as well take a pay cut put more money into the product.

I can go on and on about hat can TNA do there's a lot of small things they need to do but to stubborn to do or they'll just half ass it.

What does TNA need. The Heyman approach. Hell they don't even need Heyman, this is what makes Bitchoff a dumbass. He stole his talent, stole his concepts but not once did Eric use his philosophy which is. Accentuate the positives hide the negatives.

TNA has what Heyman wanted, a cooperative network and a bigger budget. Can TNA have a 100k pyro budget no, why go there but with the money they have use that for advertisement. TNA may be seen nationally but the have to get a territorial philosophy as well an that means leaving the Impact Zone. Now wait I'm not talking about going all over the place every week but look what ECW did they would stay in Philly for a month tape shows go to places near Philly tape shows and be back home in Philly in days. TNA could advertise and book tapings in Tampa, Jacksonville,Miami, Atlanta. I'm sure they could find venues the size or a little bit above Impact Zone no big arenas and stay near home your warm market, have that territorial feel to it but with a bigger budget grow your company that already has national tv exposure. WTF you can go to England but you can't go to Tampa for Impact it's right next door to Orlando. Once people see you moving they're going to want your product their will be a demand. That's how Vince started to expand he just didn't start going from city to city out of the northeast for no reason there was demand for his product that was seen nationally.

Where is TNA's Terry Funk. The old vet who's sole purpose is to teach and put over the younger generation without being in the spotlite. Hogan & Flair nah!

Don't over spend for veterans with part time service. With TNA's schedule there is no reason why any 20 year veteran should be making 6 figures none. How can you justify a 6 figure contract when you don't put in the days. That will trim the fat and put more money in other ventures like developmental,advertisement, merchandising etc. That goes for Bitchoff and Hogan as well take a pay cut put more money into the product.

I can go on and on about hat can TNA do there's a lot of small things they need to do but to stubborn to do or they'll just half ass it.

Yes, I agree. Having shows in Florida could be good for TNA, but they still need a product that can capture a persons attention and keep it. I don't think Bobby Roode has worked as a TNA Champion, they need a top face. A guy people will pay tickets to see. ECW didn't have a top face, they went out of business. WCW didn't have a top face, they went out of business. The only company to come out of the 90's alive is the WWE. And why, because of Stone Cold Steve Austin, the top face of WWE at the time.

There may be people who don't like Cena, but he draws in big money and merchandise for the company. Same thing with Hogan and Austin, they were the guys that people payed money to see. If TNA wants to compete with the WWE they need a top face. Sure, WCW didn't have a top face, but they had something better, a relevant Hulk Hogan and the NWO.

They also won't be able to compete with WWE with the product they have now. They need to have their product geared towards a younger demographic. How do people think WWE beat WCW? Vince didn't keep his product the way it was, with it losing money and ratings. No, he changed his product to a more edgier product to compete with WCW's edgier product. Now, it's TNA as the lesser company with the WWE as the big time company. But, TNA insist on keeping a raunchy, edgier product while WWE has a more family-oriented product.

But, I don't believe TNA will ever become competition to the WWE. WCW has it's advances of Ted Turners money and relevant superstars like Hogan, Lex Luger, Kevin Nash, and Sting. Now, most of TNA's former WWE superstars are old irrelevant men (one is a untrustworthy junkie). I don't see any top WWE star whether it be Cena, Triple H, Taker, Edge, Mysterio, Big Show, Randy Orton, CM Punk, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Kane or any young star like Wade Barret or Dolph Ziggler ever going to TNA.

And you want to know why TNA doesn't have a Terry Funk? Because Hogan is a egotistical ass, Flair is only in it for the money, and guys like Kurt Angle aren't someone to show someone the ropes. Every young star that has been put with Kurt Angle has ended up worse than they were before.

TNA just needs to become the alternative again and stop giving a damn about the WWE. The WWE, and most importantly Vince McMahon doesn't give a damn about a obscure company in Florida who only fill up less than half of a 10,000 seat arena for a PPV and continue to get 1.0 ratings for the last decade.

There is no way TNA can compete with WWE.

They have tried everything to get WWE's attention. From the VKM storyline, to taking constant pot-shots at "the company up north," to the the Impact Wrestling rebranding. They went to Mondays, got demolished in the ratings, then went back to Thursdays. Even with guys like Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, RVD and Ric Flair, their highest ratings they've hhad with those 5 guys is a 1.4, the first week of January 2010. Now, Bobby Roode is TNA Champion, and the last two weeks they've had ratings under a 1.0. I don't know what TNA can do to make people want to watch their product, much less somehow become competition to the wrestling juggernaut known as the WWE.

It's a pipe dream, something that TNA and their fans hope will happen, but it won't. TNA has no threat on WWE, none at all. It's like the NFL being threatened by the CFL, or a small 99 cents store trying to compete with big markets like Walmart or Best buy. They put billboards in front of Titan Towers in Stanford just to try and get Vince McMahon to notice them.

I honestly don't know what TNA could do to become competition to the WWE. The reason is because everything, from Voodoo Kin Mafia, to the move to Mondays, to the ECW reunion show, to the Impact Wrestling rebranding bullshit hasn't done anything. It's just TNA trying to poke the dragon only to get noticed. And what happened when you poke a dragon? You get burned.

WWE is the biggest wrestling company in the world. 16,000 people show up to RAW every week, a TNA pay per view can barely fill up 2000 people in a 10,000 seat arena. It's a loss cause, a pipe dream to think that TNA stands a chance to be competition to the WWE. Either TNA will soon realize this, and go back to being the alternative like they were before Hogan and Bischoff came over, or they will continue to try and become competition to a company that will squash them like a bug and end up like ECW and WCW, in Vince McMahon's video library.

Am I the only person who gets disgusted reading a bunch of people who know next to nothing about wrestling and absolutely nothing about what draws TV ratings get on their high horse and say TNA will never compete with WWE?

Can they compete with WWE? Who are you or anyone else to say they can't? If you some good ideas, if you had a formula for TNA (or anyone else) to compete with WWE, maybe you'd be in a prominent position in the wrestling business your damn self, instead of tooting the horn of a company you're not even involved in. I can easily sit here and type that TNA never will compete simply because I can't see it myself.

seems to me they have taken an approach to start to compete. everybody loves the indys and roh. seems theyre bringing in some talent there instead of using ex-wwe stars. tell me, if tna signed colt cabana that wouldnt bring in a little rating after cm punk promoed the hell out of him? i havent seem how the new star program is working, but if done right, could bring up a little ratings.

"Hey Colt Cabana, how's it goin'?"

How the F is that promoing the hell out of somebody? If it didn't help ROH's ratings (and it didn't), if mentioning ROH by name didn't help their ratings(and it didn't), how would bringing him into TNA a year later help their ratings? C'mon son.

TNA fans need to realize that they are not competition to WWE. They are not competing with them. They tried to compete and were crushed. If they try to compete again, they will cease to exist as a company. TNA exists because WWE lets them. Why would you want to piss off the company that can put you out of business if they chose to? But you want to know how TNA can get better? I've got two words for you:

BETTER. PRODUCT.

Taking shots at WWE makes you look stupid and is counteproductive. The set is fluff. Production values are fluff. The six-sided ring is fluff. That stuff only matters if the product is there. Right now, they're far more successful than the product dictates they should be, because they have names that people want to see and there are so many people desparate for an alternative to the WWE.

They need to have better storylines, better characters, better angles, better matches. The writers need to do a better job and the workers need to do a better job. When that happens, then you can worry about the set and leaving Florida. Until that happens, nothing else matters.

TNA is cool in its own way mainly because of the strong X division and Tag Team matches besides that it really isnt to strong. Personally I think WWE needs to bring back a Cruiserweight Division whether its shown on SD! or NXT I don’t care but there needs to be one so that the smaller stars are put on a main event level like the X division is as well as bring in some more credible tag teams cause the ones WWE is currently throwing together aren’t all that great. IMO

how strong is it that someone who watches Impact weekly, has to go to their website to look up who the Tag Team/X-Division champions are?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back