A FanBoy Rooting for RANDY ORTON

Randy Orton
3114809835_dc28651a28.jpg

Accomplishments

Ohio Valley Wrestling
-OVW Hardcore Championship (2 times)

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
-PWI Feud of the Year (2009) vs. Triple H
-PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (2007, 2009)
-PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2004)
-PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (2010)
-PWI Rookie of the Year (2001)
-PWI ranked him #1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2008
-PWI Wrestler of the Year (2009, 2010)

World Wrestling Entertainment
-World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
-World Tag Team Championship (1 time)- with Edge
-WWE Championship (6 times)
-WWE Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
-Royal Rumble (2009)
-Seventeenth Triple Crown Champion

Wrestling Observer Newsletter
-Most Improved (2004)

Randy-Orton-Legacy-Standing-At-Arena-500x312.jpg

A face only a mother could love, assuming he hasn't kicked her in the skull yet.

He went from being the top heel in the company to it's #2 babyface. Why? Because he's much more talented than most of the smarks around this place give him credit for, and the fans knew it.

He's had great matches with anyone and everyone you can think of (HBK, HHH, Cena, The Undertaker, Jericho, Batista, Jeff Hardy, RVD, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, among many, many more). While most smarks bash the match between HHH and Orton at WrestleMania 25 (was a bit underwhelming, to be honest), the program they worked leading up to that match was the most engaging, intense, personal feud WWE had given us in years. Brutally kicking McMahon out of the building on the Raw before that years Royal Rumble ignited the fire.

He's methodical, intense and subtle. Three things I love in a wrestler. His in-ring psychology was second to none during his last heel run, and hasn't been bad after turning face either. I understand he doesn't do flippies, so that automatically eliminates him from being an IWC favorite. But, if I can change at least one mind (which I won't), it's been worth it.

Will he win this tournament? Not even remotely possible. Should he? No. This thread is more about bothering his detractors than anything else. So love him or hate him, but always remember.. YOUR skull could be next!

Yeah, honestly I don't see him going too far. First round he has EY, which he could and probably should easily win. Then after that he has a very rough road ahead. Still, in some instances I gotta back my hometown boy.

I'm with you Nick, there's no way Orton is going to win this year's tournament, but he does have great accolades for his young career. He is one of my all time favorite heels, I mena punting Mcmahon's skull, Cena's father, DDTing Steph and then kiss her, getting his father to be disguised as a fan just to get a vitory over the Undertaker, beatiful! Just like you said it:
he's much more talented than most of the smarks around this place give him credit for, and the fans knew it.
. Anyway I cheer for him!

R-K-O! R-K-O! R-K-O!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back