Velvet Revolver vs The Killers

• Velvet Revolver

• The Killers

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Velvet Revolver vs The Killers

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

Velvet Revolver are total shit. You'd think a supergroup consisting the frontman of a great grunge band and the backing band of one of the great hard rock bands of all time would be good. And you'd be wrong. Because they suck. Not a single redeemable track, and I know because I wanted so badly to like them and ended up listening to both of their albums. Total generic crap.

The Killers are a band that alot of "metalheads" and their close-minded brethren like to rag on as being "sissy emo" or something to that effect, comparing it to Fall Out Boy.

You couldn't be more wrong. Sam's Town, their last album, if anything sounded like Bruce Springsteen's small-town storytelling combined with post-punk and new wave of the early 80's. Fantastic album, that totally put's their first record to shame. "When You Were Young" is a classic song, even if it did become a bit overplaid.

Hot Fuss was pretty good too. It had a good 4-5 tracks that were very good, but some of it was pretty bad as well ("Somebody Told Me" was total garbage).

The Killers take this for me.

i agree with everything xfear said about the killers. Hot Fuzz had some good songs, but there were just some i felt they were trying to appeal to the dance minded listeners in an attempt to boost sales.
sam's town on the other hand is an outstanding sound and some great (if overplayed) songs on it.

I'm not a big velvet revolver fan. despite all names they have in the band, they do nothing for me

How the fuck are Velvet Revolver winning this?! I do like Velvet Revolver somewhat, but I agree they have really shit out with their albums. They have only produced what- like 2 good songs in 5 years, the line up is superb but for whatever reason they do not work. The Killers are probably my favourite band of the last 5 years, more so even than Sterophonics. Hot Fuss was an amazing album, apart from like xfear said emo's who come in their pants over Funeral for a friend everyone likes The Killers, they have mass appeal. Sam's Town also showed that they can cross over too traditional rock too and still sound as good. The Killers for me have been the best thing so far about the 00's and as such I expect them to reach the quarter finals of this region at the very least.

I actualy still can't get over why Velvet Revolver are winning.

The Killers were fucking huge 3 years ago, everywhere you went you heard their songs, the only reason I can see for them losing here is because they are pop/rock- so fuck. They are good at it nobody can deny that. Even if your looking at it from a rock standpoint like xfear said Sam's Town is better than anything Velvet have produced. That album although I prefer Hot Fuss, Sam's Town would still be a better album than if you went through Velvet Revolvers two albums- picked out their best singles; brought Jimmy Hendrix back from the dead to come and play alongside slash; then got John Entwistle to play bass for them; and got Axel Roses and Freddie Mercury to sing half each; Sam's Town would still be a better album. Why? because Velvet's songs are shit, they are badly written, and some are even badly played.

You can't vote for Velvet Revolver because they are a supergroup, because they don't fucking work. If you vote for Velvet Revolver give a valid and detailed explanation as to why you have done so, otherwise your a absoloute moron.

The Killers are absolute shit, but with that being said Velvet Revolver isn't much better, but because of my ever loving hatred for the atrocity of a band that is The Killers, I'm going to vote for Velvet Revolver

The Killers are absolute shit, but with that being said Velvet Revolver isn't much better, but because of my ever loving hatred for the atrocity of a band that is The Killers, I'm going to vote for Velvet Revolver

Well no shit you're not going to like the Killers Ech, they play a genre of music you have zero interest in. Of course you don't like them. That would be like me saying that some famous polka artist was absolute shit because I don't like polka, or that band Death is absolute shit because I don't like death/black metal. Of course you're not going to like a band of a genre you hate.

Well no shit you're not going to like the Killers Ech, they play a genre of music you have zero interest in. Of course you don't like them. That would be like me saying that some famous polka artist was absolute shit because I don't like polka, or that band Death is absolute shit because I don't like death/black metal. Of course you're not going to like a band of a genre you hate.

:lmao:

Your right, the killers never really appealed to me, I always found most their songs, especially that "Somebody told me" song that they do to be quite annoying

But as far as the Killers being absolute shit, meh... I can think of worse bands than the Killers

like Fall out Boy

Of course personal music preference will have an impact on how you will vote, however you can't be totally biased and just vote for who you dislike the least as to appears to be what is happening here.

You might not like them but apprantley some people do:
The Killers
Hot Fuss- 11m copies sold
Sam's Town- 4.2m copies sold

Velvet Revolver
Contraband- 4m
Libertad- 0.22m copies sold

That means that the Killers are more popular, and have more appeal than Velvet Revolver. It could also be because Velvet Revolver's albums are shite in comparrison. They have one of the best, and most famous guitar players ever and they haven't done shit. There biggest claim to fame so far is that Slither got used for a Guitar Hero's advert. The Killers music is played everywhere around the world, Velvet Revolver have done nothing except turn lifetime Guns n Roses fans into haters of Rock music.

Of course personal music preference will have an impact on how you will vote, however you can't be totally biased and just vote for who you dislike the least as to appears to be what is happening here.

You might not like them but apprantley some people do:
The Killers
Hot Fuss- 11m copies sold
Sam's Town- 4.2m copies sold

Velvet Revolver
Contraband- 4m
Libertad- 0.22m copies sold

That means that the Killers are more popular, and have more appeal than Velvet Revolver. It could also be because Velvet Revolver's albums are shite in comparrison. They have one of the best, and most famous guitar players ever and they haven't done shit. There biggest claim to fame so far is that Slither got used for a Guitar Hero's advert. The Killers music is played everywhere around the world, Velvet Revolver have done nothing except turn lifetime Guns n Roses fans into haters of Rock music.

I don't like them, thats more then enough justification for me not to vote for them.

You want an explanation on why I hate the killers? Oh well it could be because their music is so fucking repetitive, every single one of their songs sounds exactly the same, the lead singer sounds like an absolute pansy whose ability to compose music are some of the worst in music today.

I don't hate Velvet revolver as much as I hate the Killers, so I didn't vote for them, and I voted for the lesser of 2 evils instead.

I don't like them, thats more then enough justification for me not to vote for them.
Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc.
Prehaps you could take into account other factors if your hatered towards them is obviously so strong.

You want an explanation on why I hate the killers? Oh well it could be because their music is so fucking repetitive, every single one of their songs sounds exactly the same
haha repititive?! Please their two albums alone are about as far apart as you can possibly get in their genre. Just because they don't randomly cross several different genres in one album doesn't mean their repetitive. But even on Sam's Town specifically listen to Bones, Uncle Johnny, Read my mind, and Why do I keep counting. There are 4 songs that each have completely different sounds to each other. I'm amazed you've brought up reptitiveness in a thread where were debating Velvet Revolver, Contraband is probably the most repetitive album in recent memory. Big Machine has a decent bassline and chorus, but its cliche and sounds like way too many other songs. Spectacle starts out quite well but it gets lost quite fast. "Headspace" suffers from similar issues as the other two. I mean these tracks have may too much in common to be on the same album, and their not even good stanalone singles that you could listen to on a compilation.
the lead singer sounds like an absolute pansy
11m people obviously don't think he sounds like a pansy, thats just your opinion. How is the lead singer a pansy? is it because he doesn't scream down the microphone, or is it because he isn't covered in tattoos and piercings? By your logic Freddy Mercury must be a pansy,and therefore suck too.

whose ability to compose music are some of the worst in music today.
What is wrong with their song composition?! What they don't repeat the chorus 10 times in each song? cmmon it sounds good to me, No-one givse a rats arse about the technical composition anyhow, as long as it sounds good that's why more people have bought their album than Velvet Revolver's simple.

My opinion is all that matters in this situation, your trying to argue with me because you don't like my personal choice. I don't like the killers, I never have, and I probably never will. I don't know why you've decided to single me out and attack me and my opinion, but I do know is that their is nothing that you can say that will make me state that I made a mistake in voting against the Killers. You need to get over it, and move on.

My opinion is all that matters in this situation, your trying to argue with me because you don't like my personal choice. I don't like the killers, I never have, and I probably never will. I don't know why you've decided to single me out and attack me and my opinion, but I do know is that their is nothing that you can say that will make me state that I made a mistake in voting against the Killers. You need to get over it, and move on.

I'm not attacking you, or your opinion. I'm merely questioning your reasoning to choose the Velvet Revolver over The Killers, and since nobody else seems to want to give a reason why I thought it would be worthwhile trying to find out, as I am completely flabbergasted as to how people can so eaisly vote for Velvet Revolver over one of the best bands of the last 10 years. If you don't want to debate it then do what the other 15 people who have voted for Velvet Revolver and give no reason whatsoever.

You want an explanation on why I hate the killers? Oh well it could be because their music is so fucking repetitive, every single one of their songs sounds exactly the same, the lead singer sounds like an absolute pansy whose ability to compose music are some of the worst in music today.

I don't hate Velvet revolver as much as I hate the Killers, so I didn't vote for them, and I voted for the lesser of 2 evils instead.

Are you really going to call the Killers repetitive as a reason why you hate them Ech? Are you kidding me?

You listen to Death and Black metal, the two single most repetitive genres to ever exist. How are you going to criticize them for being repetitive? That's ridiculious coming from you.

And if you actually listened to their two albums, you'd realize you couldn't be more wrong about them being "repetitive". Did some songs on Hot Fuss sound the same? Yeah. But Sam's Town, not a single track is alike, and the whole album is completely different from their first.

Atleast be informed on the band you're criticizing man.

And this "he sounds like a pansy" bullshit? Ridiculious. The same reason given by people on why they hate Coldplay. Why, because the lead singer actually, oh I don't know, FUCKING SINGS?? God forbid he use his vocal chords to actually strech out his voice to different octaves and notes, and god forbid he write a couple of love songs. After all, you've never liked any band with a love song, right Ech?

I don't care that you voted for Velvet Revolver; that's your decision to make, not mine. But atleast come up with better reasoning then "He sounds like a pansy and they're repetitive" when I just destroyed both of those statements.

X there is one case on Sam's Town where the songs sounds the same. They pretty much are the same. but yeah I can't vote Velvet Revolver over The Killers. Sam's Town alone makes me vote for them and I hate Hot Fuss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back