Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
90's Region – The Drew Carey Show vs Parker Lewis Can't Lose

castpic7.jpg

VS

Jerry--Parker-and-Mikey-parker-lewis-cant-lose-714301_500_493.jpg

The Slam Dunk of the Tourney for me. I hated Parker Lewis Can't Lose. The Simpsons usually were on before this show and as soon as seen that goofy ass garb he was wearing, I turned it.

The Drew Carey Show...well, I loved it. I loved it a lot. The pic above isn't really a reflection of the cast. Kate (Christa Miller, better known as the wife of Dr. Cox on Scrubs) really made this show great, too. She was the affection of Drew's desires and the fact that it never happened between them was a bold move by most sitcoms. They could have really expounded on the dating of Kate and Drew, but she was preggers in real life and not much could be done. It was a wonderful show, and Drew Carey was great in it. Lewis and Oswald were a modern day Lenny and Squiggy. Just great comedians able to do what they wanted. I love the Drew Carey Show, and other than Seinfeld, this show meant the world to me in the 90's.

The Drew Carey Show is one of the first shows I ever watched regularly. It was just an incredible funny show especially since it's prominent years were when I was watching cartoons. It was one of the shows the really drew me into sitcoms and away from kids programming. A top 10 in my list of favorite sitcoms and a show I will back in most matchups, with a few exceptions. Drew Carey was a comic genious in his prime and if that doesn't sway then remember that he put his body on the line for your entertainment. Let us never forget Royal Rumble 2001 and his encounter with Kane, that alone should get your vote.

I loved The Drew Carey Show. The cast was great from top to bottom, and all of the episodes were hysterical. It used so many different kinds of humor, and I wish it was still on today as a new show...Instead, we're stuck with Drew Carey hosting a game show, and who knows where Diedrich Bader has gone off to...

I loved The Drew Carey Show. The cast was great from top to bottom, and all of the episodes were hysterical. It used so many different kinds of humor, and I wish it was still on today as a new show...Instead, we're stuck with Drew Carey hosting a game show, and who knows where Diedrich Bader has gone off to...

Actually Deidrich Bader does the voice for Batman on some Batman animated movie and does the voice for the King Rat in Penguins of Madagascar and he is still hysterical as the voice of a rat.

All the actors were funny and delivered their lines to perfection, in my opinion. The everlasting war of words between Drew and Mimi is still one of my favorite rivalries ever. And was there ever a better awkward guy then Ryan Styles? He was so great as the creepy awkward friend.

I loved The Drew Carey Show. It was hilarious and the cast was amazing. Drew Carey was funny, Lewis and Oswald were absolutely hilarious together, and Kate was funny too. The rest of the cast just came together to make the show as great as it was.

VOTE CAREY

I'm a big fan of Drew Carrey. Sure, he may be sorta cheesy at times, but I love it. Don't remember too much about the show specifically, I think I only watched a few episodes. Was it set in an office or something? Anyway, Carrey is awesome and so is Ryan Stiles, of "Whose Line is it Anyway?" fame. (If that was a sitcom, it'd go far.)

Parker Lewis Can't Lose was slightly amusing. Actually I kind of really liked the show, from what I can remember. I was really young when it came on. But my vote is easily going to the Drew Carey Show here.

The Drew Carey Shpw is another one of my absolute favorite sitcoms ever, and another show I grew up on. Re-runs on TBS every single day, man you bet your ass I was going to be watching. Drew Carey is a very underrated comedian, his supporting cast was fucking GOLD on this show (Diedrich Bader + Ryan Stiles = PURE COMEDY GOLD). Seriously, Bader and Stiles may be the greatest two-man comedy team in the history of sitcoms.

The great thing about the show though? The writing. A few months ago I saw the show playing on some random channel and immediately tuned in, and it was just as fresh and humorous and witty as it was over a decade ago. This show truly stands the test of time, and always will. Do the right thing people, vote for Drew Carey, and vote for BUZZ BEER!

CLEVELAND ROCKS!

The only good thing to ever come out of Cleveland is this show... was it actually filmed in Cleveland? Drew Carey had a great central cast, with Oswald, Lewis and Kate, then it expanded to his work and family characters who themselves were great. I really wish the show was not canceled, giving it a chance to end on its own terms, but sometimes even big shows get canned. Drew CArey was one of the first shows I loved to watch, featuring the average man who is loved by all and loves all beer.

This one goes to The Drew Carey Show easily for me. The cast was excellent, Drew was funny, and it even included Craig Ferguson (Fuck you haters if you don't like him, I find him to be hilarious) as Drew's boss in an underrated performance. Definitely a show that doesn't show it's age as much as other sitcoms do. As far as Parker Lewis Can't Lose, meh I thought it sucked which makes my vote for Carey that much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back