Radiohead vs Eve 6

• Radiohead

• Eve 6

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Radiohead vs Eve 6

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

This shouldn't even be close. It seems to be becoming my most common saying, but Eve 6 was yet another mediocre post-grunge "alt-rock" band that weren't very original or good for that matter. I'm sure I'll get an argument from someone (probably IC25 and his mid-90s Live-styled alt rock loving self) about this, but Eve 6 are crap. Pure and unfiltered crap.

Radiohead on the other hand are visionaries. Whether they were rocking hard with their early stuff to the experimental and best mid-period of their career or whether they were revolutionizing the act of selling a record (you pay what price you want to pay), Radiohead are a legendary band that will never be forgotten.

Radiohead easily takes this. Easily.

a lot of their music gets slaughtered for being depressing, but that doesnt change the fact that radiohead are probably one of the most unique and intelligent bands at keeping their names at the forefront of the industry.

they're not really my favourite band in the world, but they deserve to go reasonably far in the competition and take eve

This shouldn't even be close. It seems to be becoming my most common saying, but Eve 6 was yet another mediocre post-grunge "alt-rock" band that weren't very original or good for that matter. I'm sure I'll get an argument from someone (probably IC25 and his mid-90s Live-styled alt rock loving self) about this, but Eve 6 are crap. Pure and unfiltered crap.

Radiohead on the other hand are visionaries. Whether they were rocking hard with their early stuff to the experimental and best mid-period of their career or whether they were revolutionizing the act of selling a record (you pay what price you want to pay), Radiohead are a legendary band that will never be forgotten.

Radiohead easily takes this. Easily.

I will say this, X - you've got me pegged. But I will be voting for Radiohead here instead of Eve 6. This is my objective nature at its finest, as I enjoy Eve 6 and I do not like Radiohead at all, but I recognize how much better a band Radiohead is.

Eve 6 is a fun, light Cali-alt rock band. I actually guest-sign "Inside Out" with a local NJ cover band from time to time, and it's a cool song. But like Smash Mouth, there's no meaning. Don't read me wrong, I LOVED 80's hair metal because it was fun, full music without much to dissect.

Radiohead on the other hand is just plain whiney. I think a lot of freaky Mars Volta uber-fans took their cues from Radiohead fans on how to wrap themselves around a band and take offense anytime anybody threw a barb at them.

That being said, Radiohead is the better band. I have seen Eve 6 in concert and they are terrible. I actually had to sit through Eve 6 and Sugar Ray (uhg) to get to Bon Jovi. But I'd rather listen to an Eve 6 CD and think about how wrong XFear usually is.

radiohead are unsuprisingly running away with this one and im tipping them to go far, with so many albums and so many songs that you can claim have had an influence on modern music and the way we buy CDs (the whole new album deal theyve just done) Eve 6 and there acheivments are dwarfed in comparison, anyone unfamiliar with radiohead check out: creep, just, high and dry, no suprises and im pretty sure ul be impressed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back