Primus vs Stabbing Westward

• Primus

• Stabbing Westward

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Primus vs Stabbing Westward

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

I voted for Primus here. Don't get me wrong, I really like Stabbing Westward, and they're a band that has gone largely unnoticed in their career but they were real innovators of the industrial genre along with Cabaret Voltaire.

But Les Claypool is God of Bass Guitar. Literally. This guy is fucking INSANE on the bass, and to truly understand how hard it is to play what he plays, pick up a bass.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for good music with a good sense of humor. I absolutely LOVE Devo (if you've only heard "Whip It", then you haven't even heard the band), and am not ashamed to admit it. Primus falls into that humorous rock and roll section along with POTUSA I guess.

So, Primus got my vote.

Les Claypool > God's Bass Player

Both bands have some decent material. But I'm going to have to say that Primus wins it for me, simply because of Frizzle Fry & Pork Soda. I love how they can blend Funk, Metal, Prog Rock, Jazz & Blues along with humour and make something pretty enjoyable out of it. Les Claypool is a fantastic musician.

Stabbing Westward are decent. Darkest Days is a great release, a standout in the Industrial Rock genre, and I really didn't like it the first time I heard it. I've since realised what a haunting, dark, beatiful album it is.

Overall Primus, but I'm a casual fan of both bands.

Stabbing Westward had trouble coming up with decent music unless the lead singer had been dumped by some chick. Seriously, their two hits, "What Do I Have to Do" and "Shame" were both about this annoying singer's breakup. You f'ed up, man, what can I tell you? "Save Yourself" was ok, though.

Primus is fun and actually technically sound. You cannot disucss these guys without talking about some of the best bass guitar work in history. And you cannot even compare him wth guys like Nikki Sixx, because Claypool's bass work is so unique. "Wynonna's Big Brown Beaver" is such a fun, catchy song - I can't get enough of it. Play is back to back with King Missle's "Detatchable Penis" and just let your brain take 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back