Oasis vs Days of the New / Tantric

• Oasis

• Days of the New / Tantric

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Oasis vs Days of the New / Tantric

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

I'm in utter shock that Days of the New/Tantric have 2 votes already in this. Unbelievable. Do people really hate Noel Gallagher that much?

Oasis, like Radiohead, are a band that will never be forgotten. They still hold countless records for album sales in England, and were literally a cultural phenomenon in the UK. Add that to the fact that they were actually a fantastic band, and how could you go wrong.

Sure, their later stuff was mediocre (after Be Here Now up to their latest album, which was actually rather good) but based off of their first three albums alone they have an argument for best band of the 90's. Noel Gallagher may not have been the most original or humble man, but he had an ear for melody and blissful pop-rock like no one else of his generation.

Oasis takes this with little to no effort.

I've never even heard of Oasis so I voted for Tantric out out of default, though I don't know much about Tantric either. Oasis seems like a band that has enough support to get by Tantric nonetheless.

I'll do some research, and depending on who Oasis has next I might vote for them

I've never even heard of Oasis so I voted for Tantric out out of default, though I don't know much about Tantric either. Oasis seems like a band that has enough support to get by Tantric nonetheless.

I'll do some research, and depending on who Oasis has next I might vote for them

...HOW IN GOD'S NAME DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO OASIS IS?!?!

Jesus Ech, have you been living under a black metal and Japanese women's wrestling rock for the last 15 years?!

Oasis were literally one of if not the biggest and most popular band on the planet Earth in the late 90s. Maybe it was a more British thing, but they still scored many hits in America that if you heard right now, I could almost guarantee that you'd recognize it from something.

Oasis - Wonderwall
[youtube]FAPtTS0TYtU[/youtube]

Tell me you recognize that song? That was one of the most popular songs of the 90s.

I'm seriously in utter awe that you've never heard of Oasis.

I have heard that song before Xfear but if you were to have asked me who it was by I wouldn't have been able to tell you.

Like I said, I'll do some research, get to know them a little better and depending on who they have next round, I might just vote for them

Oasis should carry this one with ease. as much as i don't like the gallaghers as people, there's no denying the fact that oasis are probably the best band england has produced in recent years. Oasis has my vote

I voted Oasis, despite having a greater connection to Tantric than anyone else. I have seen Tantric three times, own their albums and obscure shit, have had Jim Beam with the lead singer, and think they are a fantastic artistic band when all the members are on the same page. Oasis, on the other hand, put together one of the greatest breakthrough albums ever, which spanned two continents, in the mid-90's. If you put the personal and social feelings for the Gallagher brothers aside, Oasis is still one of the better bands of the 1990's.

I myself was never that big of an Oasis fan, thanks in part to Noel and his shitty attitude. I never got into them and they certainly weren't my first choice of band.

However, that doesn't mean that I can't step outside the box and look at Oasis from a neutral point of view. They are fan fucking tastic as a band all around. I personally don't like them, but that doesn't mean they aren't good. Easily better then Tantric.

Oasis are good enough to win the whole thing, how can anyone have not heard of Oasis?! I was lucky enough to have Definatly Maybe as the first album I ever bought, and since then I am yet to buy a better album. Oasis were the Guns n Roses of the 90's there music might have been different but on sheer quality they are evenly matched, Definantly Maybe was the best album of the 90's and I challange anyone to find me a better album from the 90's. Then you look at their other great albums of Morning Glory with possibly the best song from the 90's- Champagne Supernova. I really don't know how anyone can not know who they are. They should win the 90's, even bands like the chilli peppers, nirvana, soundgarden and greenday wouldn't stand a chance against Oasis. The only band that might stand a chance are pearl jam IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back