Kid Rock vs BLS

• Kid Rock

• Black Label Society

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Match

Kid Rock vs Black Label Society

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

Kid Rock is winning? ROFL...CHRIST WZ posters have some terrible taste in music. Kid Rock sucks. He's beyond sucking. He's worse then Korn in my book. No redeeming quality to his music whatsoever. Also no talent whatsoever.

That being said, I also fucking despise Black Label Society. Yes, Zakk Wylde is a great guitar player, but being a great guitar player doesn't mean anything when every song you write is shit. My buddy is always trying to make me listen to them, and every time I just tell him "Dude, turn that shit off, or I'm out". That's how bad it is.

Still, BLS is better then Kid Rock. There aren't many bands that are worse then Kid Rock (Barenaked Ladies maybe)

He isn't winning anymore. :p

Seriously. I have no idea who Black Label Society is, but there is no way that they can be even close to sucking as bad as Kid Rock. Awful. "Bawitdaba" is entertaining, so I can't really diss him too bad on that one. And I like "Lonely Road of Faith," primarily because of the WWF Desire video. But "Cowboy" and "Cocky"? How did this guy get a record deal? I really have no idea how some people make it in the biz.

WOW. Kid Rock gets no love from you people?

Seriously, the man fused hard rock, rap, and country / folk music to form something delightfully offensive to the senses. He was Lynard Skynard on roids. Bawwitdabaw (or whatever) was among the worst songs on that album to begin with, and it overshadowed great music like "Wastin Time," "I Am the Bullgod," and "Only God Knows Why."

He ruined his legacy with me by producing roughly 16 1/2 songs that could realistically be titled "My Name is Kid Rock" but I still give the guy credit for his initial offering and some of his later work. I'd love to see him do something collaborative with Shinedown.

I prefer Black Label Society by far, but I have to vote for Kid Rock here. The man has successfully mixed rap/rock/southern rock/country/folk music all together, with something that doesn't sound like a complete mess. He's sold millions of records, and he's a household name. While I'd rather listen to Zakk Wylde shred than "Bawitaba", Kid Rock takes it because of his success in the music industry.

Ok people just cause Kid Rock was successful doesn't mean he was good, and all the people making a case for him make me laugh, you guys make it sound as if the guy was the first to ever fuse Rock and Rap, please, people were doing that long before Kid Rock made it big, remember Run DMC & Aerosmith working together, or Anthrax & Public Enemy? Kid Rock may have been successful but his music sounds like absolute shit, BLS is by far the better band in this one, I'm not saying BLS is the geartest band or anything but they are decent and have some good songs, something I can't say for Kid Rock

Ok people just cause Kid Rock was successful doesn't mean he was good, and all the people making a case for him make me laugh, you guys make it sound as if the guy was the first to ever fuse Rock and Rap, please, people were doing that long before Kid Rock made it big, remember Run DMC & Aerosmith working together, or Anthrax & Public Enemy? Kid Rock may have been successful but his music sounds like absolute shit, BLS is by far the better band in this one, I'm not saying BLS is the geartest band or anything but they are decent and have some good songs, something I can't say for Kid Rock
I agree that he's not the first to mix rap and rock. But he's made more of an impact in mainstream music than Black Label (who I think is a much better band. Zakk Wylde is the shit!) and he's made himself a household name. More people know about Kid Rock, and he'll be more well remembered than Black Label. I made my pick because of Impact, instead of my musical preference. I would pick Black Label in a heartbeat over Kid Rock, but Kid Rock has simply accomplished more than Black Label.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back