Goo Goo Dolls vs Anti-Flag

• Goo Goo Dolls

• Anti-Flag

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Goo Goo Dolls vs Anti-Flag

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

Goo Goo Dolls are terrible. Just terrible. "Iris" was literally their only good song. Everything else was just atrocious.

Anti-Flag, I'm sure some people haven't heard of. First off, if you don't like punk rock, don't even bother listening to them. If you do, then you'd probably love their older stuff.

Their newer stuff is just total shit though. Mostly because they signed to a major label, and softened their music. I don't buy the "they sold out" bullshit, because even if Anti-Flag are one of the most political bands to ever be formed and had explicit anti-Coporate lyrics in most of their songs, so did bands like the Clash and the Sex Pistols, both of whom were great.

BE WARNED: If you don't like punk, don't listen to this and then bitch about it.

Songs to check out: "Fuck Police Brutality", "Drink Drank Punk", "Die For the Government", "Tearing Everyone Down", "A New Kind of Army", "Got the Numbers", "Police Story", "911 For Peace", "Mumia's Song".

See all those songs I just listed? ALL of those are fantastic modern punk. Fantastic.

Anti-Flag are Punk Rock. Modern Punk Rock anyways... I mean I don't even care who they are up against this band is going to beat a lot of people for me. Die for the Government is absolutely one of my all time favorite songs... The Goo Goo Dolls pale in comparison to Anti-Flag, I just dont know how to put this, if you dont vote for Anti-Flag here you are 100% genuinely ******ed.

I would listen to a Goo Goo Dolls album 1000 times before I listen to Anti-Flag once, I can't stand them, they are garbage. The Goo Goo Dolls started as a punk band but have morphed into a soft rock genre, which is much easier on the ears than crap like Anti-Flag.

I would listen to a Goo Goo Dolls album 1000 times before I listen to Anti-Flag once, I can't stand them, they are garbage. The Goo Goo Dolls started as a punk band but have morphed into a soft rock genre, which is much easier on the ears than crap like Anti-Flag.

A) The Goo-Goo Dolls did not start off as a punk band. They were an alternative rock band that was trying their very hardest to sound like the Replacements and failing miserably.

B) Why are you criticizing punk rock and touting the Foo Fighters, when Dave Grohl's entire musical career stems from punk rock, a genre that has always been one of Grohl's biggest influences.

Ok I know Anti-Flag and I saw them live, they were great. But then I listened to them on Youtube and the positive feeling I had for them disappeared. Due to the content and the pretentiousness of their lyrics. Goo Goo Dolls aren't much better but they are good at what they do. The Songs are covered meaning they are influential to a degree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back