Dream Theatre vs Evanescence

• Dream Theatre

• Evanescence

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Match

Dream Theatre vs Evanescence

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

Are you guys KIDDING ME?! Evanescence is winning this 5-1?! Seriously?!

I'm not even a big metalhead and even I realize how fucking mind-baffling this is. Evanescence is beating Dream Theatre. You should be god damned ashamed of yourself to vote for Evanescence here. It's metal heresy.

Dream Theatre, easily. Not even a contest here. I'm not a big fan of theirs, but thats only because I'm not a big fan of metal. Still, the prog-metal route they've taken is admirable and I've got quite a few friends who really like them. They easily take this.

Dream Theater should be killing Evanescence! Dream Theater is one of the most technically sound bands around. Their instrumentals are insane, and they have a huge underground fan following stemming all the way back to 1985. If you're voting for Evanescence you obviously have never heard Dream Theater. I suggest everyone hit up YouTube and listen to them before you vote for Evanescence. It's well worth it.

Everyone that votes Evanescence must hate music. Dream Theater is so much better than the Lacuna Coil Rip Off that is Evanescence. Evanescence annoys me to no end, because of a number of factors, but what have they done? fuck all except be annoying and write god awful music. Bring Me To Life made me want to kill myself. Going Under makes me want to drown Amy Lee. It is a very easy vote even if I didn't like Dream Theater. Dream Theater gets my vote because of two factors John Petrucci and James LaBrie. Petrucci might be one of the most underrated modern guitarists today. And LaBrie has a great vocal range. Add in the band that has greatness on the Drums and you have one of the best Progressive bands around today. Listen to the 2 parts of Metropolis. Train of Thought or Awake for the Heavier Music fans. Unless you hate music vote Dream Theater.

The Spirit Carries On
[youtube]PF-cXjxgREQ[/youtube]

Take the Time
[youtube]9q4E0Pz7tT4[/youtube]

Erotomania
[youtube]n4WEAHRLorM[/youtube]

You know the two people above me saying Dream Theater should be running away with this thing, yeah umm they are absolutely right, seriously I'm beginning to think some of you really don't listen to music unless you hear it on your local radio station, which is sad, seriously people before this gets any worse, you all need to go and listen to Dream Theater, after one song it will become abundantly clear that Dream Theater is far far better, the fact that Evenesance is winning this thing (10-5) is an absolute travesty

Voting Evenesance over Dream Theater for fuck sake, you people sicken me:disappointed:

If you notice, everybody voting for Evanescense is just clicking the button and running away. NOBODY thus far has had the guts to defend the choice.

Gentlemen, mobilize the troops. We need AT LEAST 6 more people who realize that Dream Theatre is the apex of the progressive rock movement, and that they deserve a win over an upstart band like Evanescense.

Seriously, people, do some research.

If it's possible, can you change my vote, I listened to "The Spirit Carries On" and didn't like it so I then voted thinking it was their best song because whoever posted it put it first, but "Take the Time" and "Erotomania" are awesome and better than anything Evanesence could even imagine. So I vote Dream Theater now, if you can change the vote that would be cool. Thanks for enlightening me on a new band.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

Evanescence is winning? Seriously people? Seriously? Christ, turn your shitty local radio's off and realize Evanescence is trash. Really, I think most of you that voted them haven't heard of Dream Theatre nor have listened to them. Their live shows are fantastic, they have won numerous awards for overall sound, one of the most successful metal bands out there and their covers are classic.

LMFAO at the people voting this other shit band that's name is too hard to spell or type. The "wake me up" song they had was one of the worst songs I've ever listened to on the radio, so overplayed and extremely overrated, not to mention Amy Lee sounds(and looks btw) terrible. She sounds like an emo. Probably is. She completely butchered Seether's big hit.

I put that song first because it was the first song that came up. And the fact that my two favourite Dream Theater Songs are in two parts. Endless Sacrifice and In The Name of God.

I put that song first because it was the first song that came up. And the fact that my two favourite Dream Theater Songs are in two parts. Endless Sacrifice and In The Name of God.

I will be checking out more of their stuff, they seem like a really good band, hopefully they get out of this first round.

Glad to be of service gents.

Its quite ironic thatjust YESTERDAY was my first time hearing dream theatre, and I can now come here, and tell you I listned to this band for the better part of 13 hours, and absolutely LOVED in. These guys, in a word, are absolutely fucking incredible. The time changes, the tempo changes, the instruments, the skill. All just so beautiful. Evanescense sounds like the 5849898 nu music radio bands. In that they fuckin suck.

PLEASE people. PLEASE. Dream theatre should have a real chance to WIN THIS WHOLE THING, and certainley NOT be put out by fucking evanescence....

Looks like I'm the black sheep here... I like Evenescence. I won't deney it. I have been listening to them for years, it's just my kinda music. However, I have yet to even look at the music tournement, let alone vote in it. And I was asked nicely to come and vote for Dream Theatre. However, I feel that if I did, it would be a tainted vote. So I will do the next best thing, and just walk away without voting at all.

Here comes another reasonable person to voe for Dream Theatre... Great, great band. I have a lot of their stuff and I always love listening to them. I also absolutely hate Evanescence... they suck, hard.

I have no idea who Dream Theatre are, but I'm guessing you mean Dream Theater :icon_razz: Easily one of the most talented bands in music. Their technical proficiency is astounding, especially Petrucci, who never ceases to amaze me. Vocally, LaBrie can grate my ears sometimes, but it's not bad enough to put me off them. They're great live too.

How anyone can vote Evanescence is beyond me. One the worst band ever.

Thankfully it seems that people are coming to their senses, since Dream Theater is winning. Everyone that's ever heard them knows that they are much better than Evanescence. I won't bash Evanescence too much, because I don't think they're THAT bad, but Dream Theater is definitely one of the best bands ever.

i'm going to defend my choice. I voted Evanescence because of Amy Lee. Personally I think she has an outstanding voice, and i think it adds something different to the music. I also like Lacuna Coil and Nightwish so it's not just an evanescence thing, i just like the refreshing feel a woman's voice lends to the music.

i'm going to defend my choice. I voted Evanescence because of Amy Lee. Personally I think she has an outstanding voice, and i think it adds something different to the music. I also like Lacuna Coil and Nightwish so it's not just an evanescence thing, i just like the refreshing feel a woman's voice lends to the music.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!:lmao:

No she really doesn't, in fact she's pretty average at best, and why the fuck are people just voting based of one member of a band!!!!, this is a tournament where you suppose to voting based on who's the better BAND, not the better singer, in this case she's not even close to being the better singer anyway, she in no way compares to James LaBrie

Finally, someone comes forward to defend their vote for Evanescense.

I actually like Amy Lee's voice and persona, so I have to disagree with Justin's rebuttle AS WELL as his face. But Amy Lee STILL CANNOT HOLD A CANLDE to anyone from Dream Theatre.

And there is nothing wrong with voting for a band based on ONE outstanding bandmate. Primus got through to round 2 largely on the back of their legendary bass player. And that's cool.

But if we are going to do that here, Amy Lee loses not only to the vocals on Dream Theatre, but ALSO the legendary drmming of Mike Portnoy. The man is a drum legend - if you'd ever been to a Dream Theatre concert, you'd know that his solos are magical and his drum set is singularly imposing. Portnoy is good friends with Chris Jericho from the Fozzy connection, and Jericho has often called Portnoy one of the greatest drummers EVER.

MORE REASONS to vote for Dream Theatre!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back