90's Region - Bush vs Sevendust

Discussion in 'Music Tournament (2008)' started by IrishCanadian25, Apr 13, 2008.

?

Bush vs Sevendust

1. Bush

2. Sevendust

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1st Round 90's Region Match

Bush vs Sevendust

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

2. X

X RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM

Gotta go with Bush here. Why?

I hate Sevendust. Utter crap IMO. Just sounds like recycled nu-metal riffs and bad attempts at lyricism. Atleast Bush had some catchy songs.

That being said, I'm not a huge Bush fan for that matter. Their first album was pretty good, had some good songs on it, but after that they turned into utter crap. Now a days, who knows, are they even still around?

3. IrishCanadian25

X, we disagree a great deal on wrestling stuff. We have our differences, and we go at it for a while, usually finding some middle ground.

Music will be NO DIFFERENT.

Sevendust is far from utter crap. They are a talented hard rock band, with razor sharp riffs, angry lyrics, and impressive harmonies. Lajon is among the most underrated frontmen of the past 15 years, along with Brett Scallions from Fuel. Their original album, with the song "Bitch" was such a scathing work about a diabolical female, it described lyrically how all men have felt at least once in their lives. Will like 13 or 14 times.

And of course, the song "Angel's Son," which was a posthumous tribute to Snot leading man James Lynn Strait. Fantastic music.

[youtube]w7KliFJQaM4[/youtube]

I voted for Bush, because Bush was a better overall band and a bigger overall draw. But don't sleep on Sevendust - they deserve some respect.

4. X

I just watched that video, and I am now very angry at you IC25. Because that sucked. Hardcore.

Meh, no point in us arguing about our personal tastes, but I stand by my original assertation that Sevendust is nothing original, creative, or even catchy. Bush wins by default for me.

Boy, I'm just dissing all of your bands huh IC? First Live, now Sevendust...who's your favorite band? Perhaps I should prepare to vote against them next? :D

5. IrishCanadian25

Oh, X, don't punk out now! If you resign to "no point in us arguing about personal tastes" we will ruin the next 2 months of hateful, flame baiting fun! :)

I also went against your anti-Offspring views, you naughty boy!

My two favorite bands - and the two I will be pushing for hard - are Queen and Van Halen. I feel Queen is the greatest band of all time, while VH is my favorite. But Live is awesome, Sevendust deserves respect, and The Offspring resurrected punk.

6. X

I am utterly baffled by this statement IC25, please do explain. Because the Offspring did nothing innovative or original in the field of punk rock that hadn't already been done before them, and Nirvana had resurrected punk before the Offspring ever got a chance to.

7. IrishCanadian25

I never called them original or innovative. I called them GOOD, and yes, they helped to resurrect the mainstream punk rock movement in the US. Sure, a mess of underground bands still performed punk, but it's like I tell my fiancee the undergrounk punk rock freak - they are underground FOR A REASON. If I ever got her on these boards, X, she'd so team up with you and come right after me. It still wouldn't work - but y'all'd try.

Green Day and Offspring sparked something in the early / mid-90's that didn't just re-open the door to punk rock in the mainstream US, they kicked it open. Sure, they've gotten a bit cheesier as of late, but they are having fun, so I will overlook it. They won't win the whole tournament, but they'll do well.

And did you call Nirvana punk rock? Aren't they grunge / alternative? How does Nirvana become punk rock all of a sudden?

8. X

There was actually still a huge punk scene during the early 90s. Mostly holdouts from the 80s hardcore scene, but there was still quite a bit of punk going on in the world. Maybe it was "underground", but the genre had been that way for almost a decade.

I don't see how they kicked open the doors of punk rock either when Green Day did it first. Besides, like I said before, punk had already been brought back into the mainstream by Nirvana.

Grunge is a version of punk-rock. It's punk rock fury mixed with heavy metal riffs. Nirvana started off as a punk band, and although they later turned more to pop oriented rock on Nevermind and even Shoegazer indie-metal on In Utero, they were always a punk band. They were labeled as a punk band.

You don't remember that great documentary entitled "1992: The Year that Punk Broke" about Nirvana and grunge coming into the mainstream? Grunge was always a form of punk man, just matched with heavy metal and the college rock of the 80s.

Wait, why are we talking about the Offspring in a thread about Bush & Sevendust?