Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
80's Region – Punky Brewster vs Saved By The Bell

punky-brewster-799635.jpg

VS

saved-by-the-bell-cast.jpg

This is not fair. I'm going to shut up now.

Punky Brewster was the little show that could. Bounced around from NBC to syndication, the show related to a younger audience, and as she got older, the audience did, too. She was a sweet girl who turned into a pretty teenager. One constant was the grumpy old man who adopted her. It was such a heart tugging show. But Saved by the Bell.

This show was always on. I've watched every episode 10 times. I know this. I crushed on Kelly and Jesse, didn't like Slater, thought Zack kicked ass, and Screech was aggravating. This show was originally called "Good Morning, Ms. Bliss" and had Hayley Mills as the original teacher. This was supposed to be her comeback. Didn't turn out that way. She went away, Zack stayed, and the rest is history. The show went through some incarnations, too. And still retained their audience.

Saved By the Bell. For the win.

I fucking hate Saved By The Bell, it was the dumbest, most stereotypical, awful programme I'd ever seen at that point in my life, just... dreadful. That alone would be enough for me to vote against it, regardless of the opposition. Punky Brewster is a strange one, strange that I even remember it but somehow it has stuck with me, just like Blossom, I've no reason not to vote for it over dross like SBTB.

Saved By The Bell! I almost forgot that show was in this...Stupid me.

I loved the cast to this show, and the original series (the only one that really counts, anyway) is still great to watch, even if it is on at 8a. The stories were great, the characters were all perfect stereotypes, and it was the best way to pass a half hour for a long time.

Wow Punky Brewster is fucked big time here. Considering the ages of the average person on this forum, I imagine Saved by the Bell is a good candidate to win this entire tournament. After all these years you can still throw on an old episode of Saved by the Bell and it's like you're a little kid again. Right after Winnie Cooper there wasn't a bigger childhood crush for me than Tiffani Amber Thiessen. Her hotness alone gets my vote here.

Yeah, Punky Brewster is fucked.

I fucking love Saved by the Bell. To this day I do. Hell, I have every damn season on DVD... what does that tell you?

Growing up, I had to have seen every episode of this fucking show at least 10 times, if not 20, if not 50 or 100, and that's not an exaggeration. Every single morning, waking up, getting ready for school, Saved by the Bell was on my television. Every single morning from 7th to the end of 12th Grade. And I never got tired of it. To this day I can watch an episode, know it by heart, and still be entertained. Why? I have no idea; it's just a great fucking show.

Zack is such a fucking pimp, how can you not love him? A.C. Slater is the next Hulk Hogan. Screech is Screech. Kelly is one of the sexiest, most adorable human beings I've ever laid my eyes on. Jessica was damn hot as well. And while Lisa wasn't nearly as good looking as the other two, she was still attractive in her own right. Mr. Belding was awesome, too. The characters are what made this show so great. It was perfectly cast, and the show was just impossible not to enjoy as a pre-teen, teenager, and shit.... even as an adult if you grew up on it like I did.

As far as Punky Brewster... don't think I've ever seen an episode, so fuck her.

Saved by the bell should be in the final, or close to it. No way does it go out yet. Every child I knew loved and watched this show, I still get excited when I see a replay on the TV. It was amazing, it was funny, it was often realistic. They portrayed characters to perfection, everyone knew a Screech, a Zack, a Kelly etc. Mr. Belding was also a great character. It was one of those shows that really pulled you in, I remember crying when Kelly fell 'in love' with Jeff, you could see how it hurt Zack. Absolutely fantastic show.

Saved by The Bell. This is one of the shows that makes it to the upper-tier of this tournament. I love this show. Maybe I'm a bit biased since I'm a teenager myself, but I know adults who still watch re-runs. This show rocks. It makes me wish I'd grown up when these shows were on television. And Punky Brewster. Let's just say if I wanna see her I'll watch Sabrina during the college years, where she is much hotter as Roxie. At least I think that's the same chick, isn't it? That's what I always had thought.

First time I ever came across a place that Saved By The Bell is referred to an 80s show :worship:

I fucking love Saved by the Bell. To this day I do. Hell, I have every damn season on DVD... what does that tell you?

Growing up, I had to have seen every episode of this fucking show at least 10 times, if not 20, if not 50 or 100, and that's not an exaggeration. Every single morning, waking up, getting ready for school, Saved by the Bell was on my television. Every single morning from 7th to the end of 12th Grade. And I never got tired of it. To this day I can watch an episode, know it by heart, and still be entertained. Why? I have no idea; it's just a great fucking show.

Zack is such a fucking pimp, how can you not love him? A.C. Slater is the next Hulk Hogan. Screech is Screech. Kelly is one of the sexiest, most adorable human beings I've ever laid my eyes on. Jessica was damn hot as well. And while Lisa wasn't nearly as good looking as the other two, she was still attractive in her own right. Mr. Belding was awesome, too. The characters are what made this show so great. It was perfectly cast, and the show was just impossible not to enjoy as a pre-teen, teenager, and shit.... even as an adult if you grew up on it like I did.

As far as Punky Brewster... don't think I've ever seen an episode, so fuck her.

I don't even remember a character named Jessica, but I always thought Lisa Turtle was far better looking than Kelly (and Jesse). Its a shame they never gave her a boyfriend, just Screech harrssing her. Although her treatment toward him was beyond harsh (Steve Urkel's affection toward Laura Winslow + the destruction of her home was far worse) I thought it was cute to see a white character have a crush on a black girl. You don't see that very often in sitcoms. The only other one I can think of is Shawn (from Boy Meets World) and Angela.

Good lord did I love Saved By The Bell. It was excellent, and AC Slater was the man. Hell, he transcends Mario Lopez, and when Jimmy Fallon had Zack Morris on the show, you can't honestly tell me you didn't MTFO.

Punky Brewster was, well, meh.

I liked Saved By The Bell, but I won't say I loved it. I wish Boy Meets World got to face Punky Brewster as the score would still be the same here, and it would get to move on, but it doesn't. Punky Brewster lacked that wide template, or the ability to compensate it with an array of interesting characters who people could adopt themselves to, which is a positive of Saved By The Bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back