Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
80's Region – Mama's Family vs Family Ties

kenmfam.jpg

VS

tinayothers-familyties.jpg

I LOVE me some Mama's Family. It is my second favorite show all-time behind Scrubs and even though I like Family Ties, I cannot put it over Mama's Family. Vicki Lawrence was a great comedienne and I thought her character Thelma Harper was sort of the female Archie Bunker and she played it great. Ken Berry and Dorothy Lyman were excellent as Vinton and Naomi and Beverly Archer played the perfect friend in Iola. I hate that it is put up against Family Ties but I will vote for Mama's Family every day of the week.

Family Ties may go down as one of the best sitcoms in TV history. It was groundbreaking, a great concept, and a dynamic cast. EVERYONE on that show played their role perfect. Michael J. Fox's career blossomed from this show. Meridith Baxter played the mom better than any mom I've seen on TV. This is possibly my favorite to take this region. I won't be shocked if it doesn't, but for the 80's, Family Ties is it for me.

Sha-la-la-la.

I was a big fan of the Mama's Family reruns, but it'd be tough to beat Michael J. Fox and the rest of the cast of Family Ties. That show was just great, and funny, and covered all the basic family topics you'd expect on a sitcom.

Family Ties gets the vote here from me. It wasn't anywhere near as good as something like The Wonder Years despite what Lariat thinks, but it was certainly better than Mama's Family which had zero appeal to me and always will.

Family Ties has MJ Fox, so I kind of have to vote for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back