Loverboy vs Survivor

• Loverboy

• Survivor

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 80's Match

Loverboy vs Survivor

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

they won't get far...but i think Rocky will carry survivor through qualifying. Eye of the Tiger is an iconic song and probably the only one people will know

Well combine in the fact that The Frontman for Survivor sung one of the Theme songs to Baywatch as well and yeah Survivor will probably win this based on that fact alone. I don't know of Loverboy and will check them out before I cast my vote.

Loverboy did some fine work. Let's recap:

[youtube]iUcBvGscpwo[/youtube]

Turn me loose was a fun song about a guy practically begging his girl to dump him. We've all been there.

Or their massive hit and cover band mainstay, 1981's "Everybody's Workin for the Weekend."

[youtube]Xo9QlZufBAc&feature=related[/youtube]

That having been said, I still have to go with Survivor here for the "Rocky" connection.

Who could forget "Burning Heart" from Rocky 4?

[youtube]R1cdI69zopA[/youtube]

And of course...

[youtube]LrOawFUdFfU&feature=related[/youtube]

Even though "No Easy Way Out" was the best song from the series, ya gotta respect Survivor for these gym worthy anthems!.

The perfect match up of two joke bands. And not in the "we're being funny on purpose" kind of way that Presidents of the USA did it. No, this is more the variety of "Jesus look at how freakin' 80s those guys are! Look at that hair!". That's not always bad, but in this case it is.

Survivor got my vote here based off of "Eye of the Tiger", which remains the number one sports anthem of all time in my book, right next to "We Are the Champions".

Loverboy are a band that most people will remember either from "Working For the Weekend" or from the constant ribs that South Park gave the band in it's early seasons. That's about all they're good for.

These guys won't be making it out of the next round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back