Lynard Skynard vs America

• Lynard Skynard

• America

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1st Round 70's Region Match

Lynard Skynard vs America

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

I like me some Lynard Skynard but I have to go with the lyrical and harmonic genius that is America. While people will vote for Lynard Skynard based on one or two songs(Sweet Home Alabama and Free Bird) against anyone else I would be sorely tempted to vote for Skynard.

OK now onto the band that I am voting for. America has some of the most poignant lyrics written With greats such as "Ventura Highway","Lonely People", "Sandman" and of course "Horse with No Name" all these songs are so lyrically descriptive that they draw you in. The Music is Soft Rock at its best.

I too have to vote with America on this one. Horse with no name is one of my all time favorite songs. So I'm going to go with America, at least for the sentimental reasons

But it was a tough decision as I do enjoy several of Lynard Skynards songs as Sweet Home Alabama and Free Bird were both top ballets.

Come on there are like Two songs that people in General know from Lynard Skynard, America is great. I am serious about this it is criminal how big the gap is here when you have them going up against America. Listen to songs like "Sister Golden Hair" it is great as both a sing a long classic and a listening song. The harmonies are great on the song. Combine in the inherrent catchability of the song.

[youtube]rQ3ax8NWNGA[/youtube]

Next up to listen to is Tin Man. it is great lyrically. Again the Harmonies are among the best in Music History. They tell such a story that it is hard not to be entranced by the music.

[youtube]X-VGxYAVx-0[/youtube]

Just Listen to History: America's Greatest Hits. There is not a bad song on it. Next time they tour New Zealand which is next year most likely I will be going to see them.

Shadow, I totally hear what you are saying about the gap between these two bands. 16-3 is a huge gap for a band like America to be down. I will take a stab at it and explain it the way I voted - it was VERY close in my mind, but in the end I went with Skynard.

I think alot of people picked Skynard JUST edging out America, but when 80% of the board JUST BARELY picks them, it's still 80% of the vote. I hope that makes sense. Skynard has two major mainstream hits, America has one. Skynard (as much as I actually despise them) has also had a terrific impact on music, inspiring bands like The Black Crowes, John Cougar, and Kid Rock. Maybe America has too, but I don't think it is as obvious.

Where are the people defending why they voted Skynard? I really want to hear why people voted for Lynard Skynard over America? cause while I said it is close for me and I went with America I explained it. I mean I like Lynard Skynard, I even yell out Free Bird at shit bands when they are on stage and I have to be there, it is a respect thing as Lynard Skynard are one of the few bands that can play that and I respect them for it and asking a band to sing it is a matter of disrespect to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back