Kiss vs Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

• Kiss

• ELP

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1st Round 70's Region Match

Kiss vs Emerson, Lake, & Palmer

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

Are we taking into account when ELP was Emerson, Lake and Powell? Keith Emerson is a God on the Keyboards. ELP is great. He is a fucking Nutter as well. Jams knives in the keys of his keyboard so he could play some other keyboard while that sound was going. Played upside down. He took most of the Budget for the stage stuff with his spinning keyboard set. But Going against Kiss, the poster children of Glam Rock of the 70's. Ace Frehley is one of the all time greats on Guitar. Then you have Paul and Gene who define the sound of Kiss as well.

I am struggling with this one. I am going ELP just to make it a closer match up as it should be than a blow out in favour of Kiss.

KISS. KISS. KISS!

Was there a better hard rock band in the 70s then KISS? I think not. They released stunner after stunner after stunner of amazing hard rock that only AC/DC could rival in terms of sheer balls-to-the-wall guitar power. I could sit here naming classic song after classic song, from "Love Gun" to "Detroit Rock City" to lesser known but equally as fantastic songs like "I Stole Your Love" and on to the slew of "solo" albums KISS released in the late 70s (featuring Ace Frehley's infectious "New York Groove") they simply could do no wrong.

Until they took the face paint off. I could deal with the disco-rock of "I Was Made For Lovin' You" as that wasn't a bad song at all. But when they took the make-up off and decided to play your generic MTV-bound hair metal of the 80s they died in my book. Psycho Circus was no better as well.

Not a big ELP fan. I recognize their musical accomplishments and respect them, but I've never been a very large prog-rock fan. There's experimental, and then there's just wasting a listener's time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back