Jethro Tull vs Pat Benetar

• Jethro Tull

• Pat Benetar

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1st Round 70's Region Match

Jethro Tull vs Pat Benetar

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

For me I have to go with Ian Anderson and the boys of Jethro Tull. I just enjoy them more than Pat Benetar. Nothing against how good she is. But Jethro Tull is better. Aqualung is one of the Greatest albums of all time, the title track has a riff that modern metal bands wish they could come up with today.

[youtube]zdUIXzK3d_Q[/youtube]

They did everything in terms of what sound they could get from the Hard Rock of Aqualung, the sheer bombastic size and skill of Thick as a Brick to the elizabethan style folk of Songs From the Wood. They deserve to advance on this basis alone.

Without a doubt my vote went to Jethro Tull here. I'm not a huge Tull fan, but I recognize the impact they had on rock and roll in the 70s, and I do own a copy of Aqualung like every other self-respecting classic rock fan. Shadow is right, the riff of Aqualung is just one of those things that's so simple yet so brilliant and makes you think "Hey! I could of done that! Why didn't I? Damnit!".

Pat Benatar is another artist who honestly I have no taste for whatsoever. Yeah, Love is a Battlefield, I got ya Patty. Not to mention the horrible fashion legacy she left on the 80s forever. Just not a big Benatar fan, sorry Shadow & IC25, who I'm sure both love her.

Aqualung baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back