Billy Joel vs Todd Rundgren

• Billy Joel

• Todd Rundgren

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1st Round 70's Region Match

Billy Joel vs Todd Rundgren

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

What?! I'm really the only one who voted for Rundgren here?

Come on people, admit it: Billy Joel is fucking terrible. He represents to me everything that is wrong with music in general. The only halfway bearable song of his is "Only the Good Die Young", everything from that is terrible. Maybe part of my hatred of Billy Joel has to do with a good buddy of mine playing the song "New York State of Mind" endlessly on repeat. God I hate that song.

Granted Joel has had huge influence and popularity, but Rundgren is no slouch himself. He's one of the premier singer-songwriters of the 70s, and easily the most eclectic, able to switch from T. Rex-styled glam rock on "****" to power-pop classics like "Can We Still Be Friends" with the drop of a hat. I went with Rundgren here, no doubt. He's one fo those artists you may never have heard of, but should check into for sure. A prolific artist is an understatement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back