Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Mushroom Kingdom Region' started by Fizzy, Jun 14, 2011.
Two old nemesis's. Who takes the cake?
Super Mario World, besides Final Fantasy 9, MIGHT be my favorite game ever. There's just so much to love about the game.
- Mario is still stomping ass for truth, justice and the American way. In other words, Mario is still the guy we have come to love.
- Yoshi was the shit. What is better than a a pet dinosaur that will assist you in stomping ass for truth, justice and the American way? Yoshi was actually useful unlike a certain orange shit Sonic introduced.
- The worlds may have some feeling of déjà vu to them, but there are little touches here and there that keep them interesting.
- I adore the music. Clean, simple, and romantic at times, the music is awesome.
- The game is full of hidden worlds and levels. So, even if you finish, there is always something you skipped. And because the game is that damn replayable, you don't mind looking for said hidden stuff.
- And like any other Mario game, it gets progressively harder as you play along. Thus, you don't feel like a total idiot for playing such a "kiddie game."
Super Mario World is the better game here and I fully expect it to squash Donkey Kong Country 2 this round because it was one of the best games of all time. I like DKC2 but I can't push it past SMW. Mario is far more fun and with the exception of difficulty/challenge and graphics (where DKC2 kills it) it's better in every single way. Better music, better gameplay, more memorable moments, endless nostalgia.... A challenging difficulty level and better graphics are not enough here. Mario will win this round, no contest.
So, it comes down to this? My favorite DK game, against my favorite Mario game (for the simple fact that it had 2 things M64 didn't, Yoshi, and 2 players). When I put everything in perspective, it's easy for me to pick Mario because it simply is better than Country, in every aspect. And who didn't enjoy the "hey, let's race to bowser's castle" type of co-op that was available, with all of the different routes you could take (including the star one).
I don't think we've had Mario face of against Donkey Kong since the '81 but I'm going with Mario on this one.'
I enjoyed both games and they were the most played games on my SNES but I had a lot more fun playing Super Mario World. I don't really know what to add both had good graphics for their time and both are awesome so I really don't have a reason for voting Mario other than the fact I like it more. I wish i did and won't jump on anyone for voting DK but them's the breaks.
Super Mario World wins