50's / 60's Region - The Monkees vs Dick Van Dyke Show

Discussion in 'Sitcoms Tournament (2009)' started by IrishCanadian25, Dec 11, 2009.

?

The Monkees vs Dick Van Dyke

1. The Monkees

2. Dick van Dyke

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

50's / 60's Region - The Monkees vs Dick Van Dyke Show

[​IMG]

VS

[​IMG]

2. X

X RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM

Without a doubt my vote is going to The Monkees. The Dick Van Dyke show was a classic as well, but The Monkees was not only a funny show, it had great fucking music as well. The Monkees were always mocked for not being a "real" band (studio musicians did most of their early work), but they soon went on to produce a few very, very good albums towards the latter half of the 60s, and The Monkees was the showcase for that. It was just a classic show, one that you can't deny.

Listen to this, and vote for The Monkees!

3. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

I am so torn here. I loved both of these shows. Monkees, as X said, was very funny and also had a musical number every episode. Songs that would go on to be hits for the group such as "Last Train to Clarksville" and "Daydream Believer" were featured here.

DVD was fantastic, and gave Mary Tyler Moore the chance to spin off. MTM of course also spun off in Rhoda. van Dyke is one of my all time favorite actors, and his work on this show, along with the charming Moore, set the stage for fun, quirky, but largely equal married sitcom couples for years to come.

It bothers me that one of these classics has to lose here.

4. NSL

NSL Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh

I'm going with Dick Van Dyke here. He's just a great actor, and can single handedly carry almost anything. The Monkees was a good show, and the music was good, but I could never sit still through an entire episode without changing the channel or daydreaming.

That never happened watching Dick Van Dyke...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.