The Who vs Led Zeppelin

• The Who

• Led Zeppelin

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1950's / 1960's Region Final

#5 The Who vs #3 Led Zeppelin

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums.

There can be no ties in the regional finals. If the votes are tied after the voting ends, we will hold a one-day overtime.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE BAND YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR! MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU CLICK THE WRONG BAND, YOUR VOTE WILL HAVE TO STAND!

This is the final that I predicted when I first saw the brackets, I am honestly shocked that it turned out this way though. These two both had to go through some juggernauts to get here and really deserve to be here. I went with The Who as I really love a lot of their music and just could never get into Led Zeppelin. I know they're influential but to me it just never caught on. The Who though is still going strong to this day!! That's amazing!! Vote the Who!!

Reactions: Ptd
can you say rock and a hard place? I picked The Who, because I had to pick one of them over the other. I really can't say that I think The Who is a superior band to Led Zepplin, or more influential, but I can't say Led Zepplin is a superior band to The Who either. So, I am forced to vote against a band I don't want to vote against. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was the closest vote in the entire tournament.

This match has been the toughest match in the tournament for me to call. IMO this match is also the most interesting considering what both these bands have had to go through just to get here. The 50/60's region has been the toughest region to predict because of the very little upsets leading up to the final rounds. In fact I think the final 5 bands that made their way to the final rounds of the region were the top 5 seeds in the region. It was a complete tossup as to who was going to take the region. In an impressive display, The Who managed to take out The Beatles (who were the favorites to win the entire contest early on) and in the 3 way, Led Zeppelin steamrolled both The Rolling Stones and Elvis Presley (IMO a more impressive feat than the Who besting the Beatles) as both of those artists had the muscle to take the region if Zeppelin hadn't won. And now we have The Who vs Zeppelin in the finals. From a influential and popularity standpoint, both these bands are very similar, so much so that you couldn't really say that one is better than the other (at least not without doing tons of research that I am too lazy to do). I figure a vote for either band would be acceptable, however, with that being said, I am giving my vote to Zeppelin, as I enjoy listening to their music more.

This is really hard to tell. Both of these bands have influenced so many other artists. They are two of the finest bands of the "British Invasion". The Who have produced many hits, including "Baba O'Riley", and "My Generation". Led Zeppelin is not far down with such hits as "Stairwar to Heaven", and "Black Dog". These two bands are recognized all over the world of rock. They truley deserve to be in the final.

Both these bands are amazing, but Led Zeppelin once said in an interview that they were influenced by The Who. It was very close, but I have to go with The Who.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back