50's / 60's Region - Dobie Gillis vs Ozzie and Harriet

Discussion in 'Sitcoms Tournament (2009)' started by IrishCanadian25, Dec 9, 2009.

?

Dobie Gillis vs Ozzie and Harriet

1. Dobie Gillis

2. Ozzie & Harriet

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

50's / 60's Region - Dobie Gillis vs Ozzie and Harriet

[​IMG]

VS

[​IMG]

2. It's...Baylariat!

It's...Baylariat! Team Finnley Baylor

Ozzie and Harriet is a great show. Another feel good family comedy that was simple and worked for the day it was made in. It takes you back to a time where things were simple and in black and white. I used to think things were in black and white for a while, until my grandma told me things were in color even then, just not on TV. I was shocked. Dobie Gillis was bad. Real bad.

So vote Ozzie and Harriet.

3. X

X RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM

Pffft, don't listen to Lariat, vote for Dobie Gillis, trust me, it's the right thing to do. Ozzie and Harriet was wholesome entertainment---in other words it was fucking terrible. The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis on the other hand was a completely unique show that pushed the envelope at a time when the edgiest thing on television was I Love Lucy. The themes in Dobie Gillis were always usually adult themes, touching on previously taboo issues like suicide, infidelity, and drug use. Truly one of the first television shows of the "new generation" (AKA the baby boomers) and one that stands the test of time pretty well. Plus it has Bob Denver. Vote for it. Right now.

4. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

Let me add to X's point. Dobie Gillis has Maynard Krebbs (sp?) who was Dobie's best friend. He basically set the bar for the goof sidekick best friend character that would be a part of sitcomes for the rest of time. Without Maynard Krebbs, we may not have Buddy Lembeck, Boner, Kimmy Gibbler, Steve Urkel, Waldo Faldo, or any other great supporting best friend characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.