Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Final_Fantasy_IX_Cover.jpg

Another Final Fantasy game and another Legend Of Zelda game. I know, you couldn't write this stuff. Still, two highly regarded games collide in this one as we eliminate one game from this tournament for good. Which one will it be?

126-1.jpg

No, this is too good for a first round match! Oh well. I must go with the better option, and that is Final Fantasy 9 because it has better gameplay, better music, a more memorable cast of characters than Twilight Princess. I loved Twilight Princess but it didn't have the impact that FF9 did.

Final Fantasy 9 is my favorite game ever.

I think the story and the turns it takes all connect without anything being too random or force. The story itself is pretty easy to understand too: "Group of people trying to save the world from alien who goes psycho after finding out why he exists." Each character has his, her or its own role and story that also ties together with the main story. To save postin' space, I am just going to talk about my party I always end up with:

- Zidane seemed like the first hero in the series that wasn't butt hurt or whiny. Throughout the game, he it is clear that he cares about everyone in his group. He has the same break down as Kuja, but manages to not let it control him.

- VIVI has probably my favorite development in a game. He starts off as naive and insecure, gets gloom for a while, and then "becomes a man." This summary might seem a little short (much like VIVI), but unless you played the game, it is a little hard to explain why I am so fond of him.

- Dagger is another one that starts off as naive, turns hopeless, and ends up confident and shit. She play a big role in the game but it never feels like they are using her just 'cuz. If you were split who the game was really developed around, Zidane, VIVI and Dagger would be the three.

- Carol is an annoying brat but that is really because she has been alone for so long that she doesn't know how to respond to all the new people in her life. Honestly, I kept her around because of the Eidlons. lol

The game play is very much Final Fantasy pre-PS2. Hey, if it ain't broke, why fix it? I thought the leveling system was easy to understand and really made you want to level up. It wasn't a case of making sure you don't forget to extract something from an enemy before killing him, her or it. I understand if people weren't keen on the idea of each character have abilities specifically for them, but I liked it. It added to the simplicity of the game play.

The graphics are also a big reason I dig this game. The character design wasn't meant to be so serious but rather a colorful medieval/Industrial Revolution look. The colors and graphics are pretty consistent throughout the game. One of the things that bugged me about other FF before 12 was that the characters looked different in game play and in battles. Heck, they looked different in some cut scenes as well. But there was no mistaking what Zidane or Dagger looked like.

Not to discredit Twilight Princess. However, I just felt the game was short. Like even with the side quests, it just felt short. I don't know how to explain.

No, this is too good for a first round match! Oh well. I must go with the better option, and that is Final Fantasy 9 because it has better gameplay, better music, a more memorable cast of characters than Twilight Princess. I loved Twilight Princess but it didn't have the impact that FF9 did.

Don't be stupid. The music in Twilight Princess is fantastic, it takes the amazing soundtrack from OOT and builds on it by making it orchestral rather than midi. The gameplay is great and it builds a lot of things on the Legend, bringing new fantastic items, a darker gameplay comparable to Majora's Mask. It gets rid of the annoying Tingle and is just pretty much fun.

I prefer that over FFIX though I do hold that either deserve to go through.

Twilight Princess for me and I tell you why, this was the first Zelda game that got me into the franchise. Zelda II put me off the series for life until I got a Wii with TP and Lee convinced me to play, I did and haven't looked back and managed to make up for lost time with Zelda. Beautiful graphics for a GameCube, superb music, great story, plus *spoiler alert*, you ended on the sight of this:

Midna-s-True-Form-the-legend-of-zelda-3880806-400-620.jpg

Now I don't fantasise about game characters, but DAMN!

Even I'd put this Zelda game over Final Fantasy IX. IX is the worst out of all the Final Fantasy series and doesn't even deserve to be a FF game. Horrible story, horrible characters, horrible side quests, this had it all. In fact....yep X-2 pisses all over IX so it is the worst in series. Zelda deserves to go through just on how bad IX is.

Don't be stupid. The music in Twilight Princess is fantastic, it takes the amazing soundtrack from OOT and builds on it by making it orchestral rather than midi. The gameplay is great and it builds a lot of things on the Legend, bringing new fantastic items, a darker gameplay comparable to Majora's Mask. It gets rid of the annoying Tingle and is just pretty much fun.

I prefer that over FFIX though I do hold that either deserve to go through.

The music in Twilight Princess WAS fantastic and it DID provide some great remixes to classic tracks from the series. Getting rid of the most annoying character in gaming history (Tingle) is also a plus. However, FF9 also provided great remixes and tributes to other selections from its series as well while giving a memorable gaming experience. It's not the end of the world if it loses this round because I like both games, but I do like FF9 more so my support remains behind it.

Twilight Princess is an amazing game, worth buying a Wiii for. FF9 just wasn't one of my favorites. TP FTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back