39 Civilization II -v - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 90

?

• CivII

• Marvel II

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Civ2boxart.jpg

Marvel_Ultimate_Alliance_2.jpg

Oh I can feel the hatred that's about to come from this post. Now I know that Civilization II reinvented PC gaming and is basically the epitome of turn based strategy games and rightfully so. The game provided being able to build your own civilization and compete with others such as America, England, India, Greece, Japan whether it was building a spaceship or declaring war. Along with near perfect AI, Civilization II brought endless amount of enjoyment that makes it one of the top 10 games of all time (according to IGN at least).

Yet, I will still vote for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (oh no he didn't). Yes I did which is why I had it in my Top 50 to begin with, MUA2 is based on the story of one of the best comic books arc, the Civil War. It also provides great gameplay from the choices of numerous heroes and their abilities, interactive combos in Fusion attacks, and a great character level up system. I've played a few comic book video games and this is the best one of them all (what?). In the end though, I simply enjoyed MUA2 more than Civilization II (tell me he didn't just post that).

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is easily the best super hero game ever made. It took one of Marvel's most interesting stories in recent memory, and allowed the players to choose their team and what side they'd fight for. There was less character customization, but each character still had a very unique set of strengths and weaknesses, an alternate costume, and certain abilities others may not (super strength from The Thing, flight from Storm, teleporting from Deadpool). Additionally, it added fusions, a super powered attack where two characters combine their powers to take down multiple enemies at a time, or inflict a severe amount of damage on one enemy in particular. For instance, if The Thing and Wolverine used a fusion, Thing would swing Wolverine around in circles before throwing him at a targeted opponent at a high speed. If Luke Cage and Hulk teamed up, they'd jump up and down, pounding the ground causing enemies to fly up in the air and fall down hard to take extra damage. If Thor and Gambit teamed up, Thor would create a twister that Gambit would throw exploding cards into, and you can drag it around the map, causing massive damage to anyone and anything it touched.

Civilization II is not the best strategy game of all time, not even close. It helped to build one of the best strategy series, yes, but it is not as great a game as MUA2.

Vote MUA2 here, or Nick Fury will send a super powered strike force after you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back