2nd Round Match: TM vs. Doc

Who Wins

• TM

• Doc

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sorry Doc, but I vote TM. He's really done a great job with the Debator's League and produces some really good posts.

Psh, you talk as though I don't make any good posts. ;)

In seriousness, TM did a great job with the debator's league, which has produced many classic threads and a few knockoffs. So I don't feel all that bad if you don't vote for me.

I'll still be campaigning like heck, though.

I promised TMentor my votes throughout because he basically got me to where I am in every sense of the word. You know you are my buddy, Doc.

Look! Up in the sky! Its a pigeon! No, its a poop bag! No, its KillJoy voting for Doc!

I'm sure all you Doc fans out there have realized I've been a little quiet today. This post is why.

This may be a bit contested, but I don't think it's too far off to claim that TM is one of the most popular guys on this forum. (Guy as in poster, not guy as in GuyCompton). He certainly has a great many fans, and uniquely of many big-name posters, very few detractors. Heck, even I like him, despite the fact that I used to not.

That being said, it seems I have ran up against some insurmountable odds. At this point, any old-timer is going to receive a truckload of votes from fellow oldtimers, and people voting based on the bold name, and even a few who promised their votes to TM no matter what. I know I have no chance convincing that last group to vote for me.

My only hope is to sway enough of the wavering voters to create some early momentum, and push myself through by a narrow, but fair, margin.

You see, the truth is that there are few reasons why TM should go over me. I've been thinking of various ways people vote in this tournament, and I have come to conclude that I am equal to, if not better than TM in many of them.

In this post I intend to prove that I:
-Am a nicer guy than TM
-Have posts that are TM-quality
-Make graphics, thereby contributing to the forum in a way TM doesn't
-Am more widespread than TM

Of course, I have to give him points, so TM:
-Has been here longer than me.
-Is a mod.
-Actually posts sports, unlike me.

So, without further ado, let me explain to you...

Why Doc Goes Over TM

Part One: I am a nicer guy than TM

A lot of people are going to say tat this doesn't matter, which is a fair stance to take, although personally I think they're wrong. Personality is an extremely important part of the forum experience. Imagine how much less fun this site would be if every admin was an ass who ran down every little thing you posted. You'd get discouraged and leave. The D-Man once described me as such:
The D-Man said:
Doc is just one of those people that gets thrown at you and sticks everytime. He's just a wonderful person with a great work ethic for the forums and an incredible personality
And I'd like to believe that that is completely true. I am friends with everyone on this site. Even the WWE moderator, Lord Sidious, whom many people believe not to be capable of making friends, is friends with me, despite all the differences and arguments we have had in the past!
TM, however, annoys some people. While I may not have names, I know that occasionally his reactions towards posters are looked on less than favorable. Red repping someone for imaginary racism isn't nice, people.

Also, I have never in my life run down a group of people as being lesser posters. TM has. In fact, here is a direct quote from a large MSN conversation various WZers had yesterday:
(11:08 PM) Thomas Xavier Light: I'm the only one that likes JKO for some reason
He's not THAT bad
-_-
(11:08 PM) Dugtrio: I think's he's fine...DEADMAN disappeared.
(11:08 PM) TM: he is almost worst than sig makers

You see that?! Making a mockery of some fine upstanding members of our great site, members who try their hardest to improve the forum-going experience for others. Inexcusable, I say. Absolutely unprofessional.

And don't get me started on his constant threats to infract those who do not deserve to be infracted!

May I also mention that I have never been involved in anything called "Rep-Gate" and have never gotten in a fight with an admin.

Truly, I am nicer than TM.

2) I have posts that are TM-quality

Being a graphics maker, my post quality is often overlooked. I have 850+ non-spam posts, yet nobody cares. My posts are always there, and are consistently solid. Sometimes, they are even great. I intend to show you several posts of mine that are top-notch.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showpost.php?p=1255756&postcount=98

I successfully inducted a terrible gimmick into the JTMFTG, and was highly praised by the thread starter himself.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=70327

My own thread series, Games No One Played. Each post is well thought-out and takes a long time to write. And I have made four of these posts, despite not getting much feedback or reaction! That, my friends, is dedication.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=83071

And in this thread, which has been praised by many people including a mod, I look at the terms "Mark" and "smark" and how they are used today. I look deeply into how I see it, and if you read through the post you will see I even have the guts to attempt to take on what some would call the GReatest Poster on the Site.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=64123

Three tutorials, people. If it wasn't for these, several graphics makers would not have had their start. Dave, Blue Chipper, KillJoy, and others have learned from my tutorials.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=1590179

And finally, this thread, where I am currently in the process of debating with Dave over whether or not Crash Bandicoot deserves to be in a videogame hall of fame.

There have been many other threads from days gone by, talking about such topics as "What Makes Someone "Good" on the Mic" and whether or not "Mike Adamle Had Potential". Reading these posts, you cannot deny that I am not a terrible poster in the slightest. In fact, some would say I am...good. And maybe even more than that! Could I possibly, at times, touch greatness? I'd say so.

3) I make graphics and contribute to the forum in a way TM doesn't.

This monstrosity is already pretty long, so please save me some grief and don't make me argue this. Without signature banners, Wrestlezone would not be as pretty as it is. I have made well over a hundred graphics for our users. In almost every thread, you will find someone with a Doc sig. Look around. Do you see any TM sigs? I didn't think so.

4) I am more widespread than TM.

This ties into the fact that I make graphics. In almost every thread, you will see a Doc sig. Even in the places I do not post, my presence is known through my graphics. In this way, I am more widespread than TM, popping up everywhere. This isn't to mention the fact that I post in almost every forum save for MMA and Sports. I permeate the forums, every single one of them, through my posts and graphics. I am everywhere, and it's not even close.

5) TM has been here longer than me. So?

The amount of time you've been here means absolutely nothing. There are some rookies who are far better posters than any of the old hands. Not everyone from the old days is golden. Not everyone in the new breed is shit. UT has been here since 2007. Are you going to tell me that he is better than Lariat or Tenta, because he has been here longer? Ridiculous, completely ridiculous.

6) TM is a mod. Your point being?

So, he's a mod. Anyone who posts enough in a single section and shows enough initiative can be a mod. Lord Sidious is a mod despite being a rookie, because he posted a lot and drove lots of discussion. TM is a mod for those reasons, and because 48/7 stepped down.
There are plenty of excellent posters on here who are not mods. For example, Little Jerry Lawler, Becker, Tenta, Lariat, SavageTaker, Gelgarin... Need I go on? Simply because he was in the right place at the right time doing the right thing does not mean he should go over.

7) TM actually posts sports, unlike me.

Sports are the national pasttime.

Sports are some of the oldest forms of entertainment in the world.

There are a great variety of sports.

TM knows pretty much all of them.

I don't care.

Just because he knows about a certain section of the board means absolutely nothing. He rarely posts videogames, while Dave and I are working with KillJoy and others to make that section flourish. People have strengths and weaknesses, and though I may be weak in one section, I am very strong in another. That is what people are like, and it doesn't matter who posts where, or whether you feel sports is higher or lower on the forum hierarchy. A great post is a great post, whether it's in a section with little traffic or one with tons of traffic. There are countless terrible posts in the WWE section with tons of replies, and a bunch of excellent threads in old school or general just rotting away.

Now, I've talked more than anyone could even want to read, so I'll wrap it up. Don't let your preconceived notions of what I am or what TM is guide you. I should win this match against TM. I am going to have to battle every step of the way to make sure I don't get swamped out by the "popular vote". And the reason I should win is because at the end of the day, I'm Doc. And I'm solid, dependable, and just good.

TM also gained his 2300 outside of the sigmakers section, not utilizing the post count that got Doc 600 or so of his posts:)

Sig maker.

Ahuh. I'm sick and tired of people shitting on the sig makers. If that's your reasoning, then you, sir, are an idiot.
Sig making is a difficult task. I would even say it is harder than making a long post. I absolutely deserve to gain posts from them, as I spend as much time on my graphics as I have done on long posts. Graphics must flow, must have a central idea, and must be interesting yet pleasing to the eye, just like a like a long post. I would like to see you try making over one hundred sigs, and then try telling me I do not deserve my post count.
Once again, you are proving your ignorance and overall bad attitude. Do not look down on us because our posts are visuals rather than word walls.

What the hell is it about us that's so hateable!? Is it me? Oh, that explains it. I'm gonna go have my midnight TV time now.

TM > Doc.

Sorry Doc but I voted for him. He has contributed a lot more to these forums than you (that's not saying you haven't contributed because you have) and I think TM is a better poster. That's why he got my vote. It has nothing to do with his name being in bold and I didn't promise him my vote. As a matter of fact, I didn't promise my vote to anyone nor will I do so.

I read your post. And after reading it, I would still have voted for TM. As a matter of fact, I think that would have made me want to vote for TM even more. I'm just not a fan of people posting campaigns about why someone should vote them over someone else.

Eh, to each their own. Thought I might as well try. Better than PMing everyone.

I read your post. And after reading it, I would still have voted for TM. As a matter of fact, I think that would have made me want to vote for TM even more. I'm just not a fan of people posting campaigns about why someone should vote them over someone else.

Hypocritical eh, ST? With your Vote SavageTaker sig you had?

And yes I am just giving you shit. Trying to stir the pot a bit. But the campaigns are good and fun reads. I loved the Tenta and D-Man ones in the ROTY thread. That shouldn't be the deterrent when you are doing this. Just the overall better poster. You are better than thinking like that, ST.

I am still on the fence.

Ahuh. I'm sick and tired of people shitting on the sig makers. If that's your reasoning, then you, sir, are an idiot.
Sig making is a difficult task. I would even say it is harder than making a long post. I absolutely deserve to gain posts from them, as I spend as much time on my graphics as I have done on long posts. Graphics must flow, must have a central idea, and must be interesting yet pleasing to the eye, just like a like a long post. I would like to see you try making over one hundred sigs, and then try telling me I do not deserve my post count.
Once again, you are proving your ignorance and overall bad attitude. Do not look down on us because our posts are visuals rather than word walls.

There is a reason we took post count off of that section, you guys were using it as a spam section.

Hypocritical eh, ST? With your Vote SavageTaker sig you had?

And yes I am just giving you shit. Trying to stir the pot a bit. But the campaigns are good and fun reads. I loved the Tenta and D-Man ones in the ROTY thread. That shouldn't be the deterrent when you are doing this. Just the overall better poster. You are better than thinking like that, ST.

I am still on the fence.

BIG difference with the sig I had and Doc writing out paragraphs about why people should vote for him. I'm not a fan of people writing out paragraphs after paragraphs proclaiming how awesome they are and why people should vote for them. Not once did I write out a post like the one Doc wrote to get people to vote for me. Really though, I don't find it hypocritical at all...and I just realized that you said you were just giving me shit, not literally of course.

And I am voting based off who I think is the better poster. Which in this case I think it's TM.

There is a reason we took post count off of that section, you guys were using it as a spam section.

Maybe some people were. Is that why X doesn't come to my thread and say "good work as always Doc" anymore?

Stop trying to make it out like it was just us.

EDIT: And, ST, the big paragraph post was a parody of a rather epic post during another tournament. That's what makes it slightly funny. In my eyes, at least.

BIG difference with the sig I had and Doc writing out paragraphs about why people should vote for him. I'm not a fan of people writing out paragraphs after paragraphs proclaiming how awesome they are and why people should vote for them. Not once did I write out a post like the one Doc wrote to get people to vote for me. Really though, I don't find it hypocritical at all...and I just realized that you said you were just giving me shit, not literally of course.

And I am voting based off who I think is the better poster. Which in this case I think it's TM.

:lmao: :lmao:

ST, I'm just fucking with you bro. Of course I didn't actually mean that, and I am glad to see you added that. Would I actually start shit if I didn't mean it?

Mods were pretty nice not infracting for the overkill there.

I'm not about to put myself over here, I just like my body of work speak for itself. Not sure how I was clumped as just a sports poster, because that isn't true in the least, I have over two thousand posts on this forum, and they have been widespread, in Music, Sports, TV/Movies, MMA, VGT, and everywhere in the wrestling section.

I am not sure why you want to take shots at me, I never wanted to take a single hit towards you mate. I just hope the people that have read both of our work vote on who they think is the better poster in their sections.

May the best man win, and good luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back